PDA

View Full Version : 100k on all ships?

omega329
16th February 2008, 01:28 PM
Anyone wondering if there is a special reward for 100k on all ships? 'cause I sure am...

Task
16th February 2008, 02:20 PM
A massive boost to your "time spent playing" stats?
8 D

Seriously though, I really doubt it, mostly because there was no special reward for all golds in Pure, but that's quite a goal to shoot for if you want to verify. That'd be an accomplishment for the books, I'm sure.

omega329
17th February 2008, 06:15 PM
It'll be one hell of an achievement, zone mode seems the best way. In theory, lets say that zone 60 gave you 1000 points (you messed up a load of perfect laps ok?) now thats 1000 points in 10mins (60x10=600secs), your going to need 800 000 for 100k with all ships (excluding the downloads) which means you're gonna need to put in [(1000ptsx100zone mode runs=100 000pts) 100z.m.r.x10mins=1000mins] 16hrs, 40mins for one 100k ship, now for 8 ships thats going to be 133hrs, 20mins of constant zoning, just under 100hrs of your good and get 1500 for 60 zones...

100-133hrs for 100k on JUST the non download ships?

I've gone wrong somewhere...
nope, looks ok to me.

Including the downloads (12 ships including the non dlc ones) the figure jumps to 150-200hrs

I think I've just put a lot of people off the idea of 100k on all ships:redface:

Frances_Penfold
17th February 2008, 06:42 PM
I think I will settle for 100k on the 3 or 4 ships that I use regularly :nod

Right now I alternate between AGS and Pirrhana, depending on the track, the speed class and the nature of the event. Right now I'm at 100k for AGS and ~70k for Pirrhana.

Other ships that I may work on include Assegai, Icarus and Mirage.

But, no, I won't be going through to get 100k everywhere-- too much work and some of the ships aren't particularly good for time trialing, which is where I spend most of my efforts :)

My salute to anybody that does decide to do this!

phl0w
17th February 2008, 08:56 PM
My salute to anybody that does decide to do this!
Saluting idiocy?
I don't know, but 100k on all ships doesn't sound like an achievement to me, there's no skill involved in doing so, can't think of a greater waste of time.

infoxicated
18th February 2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, a better way to waste your time is to post insults on a forum.

phl0w
18th February 2008, 10:27 AM
And where, exactly, did I insult anybody?
Is it an insult to tell people it's stupid to quit school, to watch TV all day long, or wash your car 7 days a week? I just don't get how in gaming distorted perspectives get tolerated and even worse saluted :?:

"and so long as I draw breath and have my faculties, I shall never stop practising philosophy and exhorting you and elucidating the truth for everyone that I meet." (Plato, Apology of Socrates)

guillaume
18th February 2008, 11:13 AM
I reached 100k on Assegai two days ago. I was at the end of Grid 13, and my stats showed 16h45mn. I went through the race campaign, and each time I got a gold medal, I played the next event.
I guess that by getting better it will be a bit faster to reach 100k the next times.
So your computations look right, omega, but I don't think you need to be a zone master. Just play the entire race campaign for each ship and you should be fine :g

omega329
18th February 2008, 03:19 PM
5 minutes off! great for "in theory"! I'll say that those 5 minutes were the loading times ;)

As guillaume said, you don't need to be a zone master, I just used zone 60 because 10 minutes seemed an easy amount of time to work with, AFAIK there aren't any point multipliers for higher zones, e.g. zone 5 gives you the same amount of points as zone 60. All you need is the patience and time to put in 100-200 hours of zoning/wipeouting no matter how good you are.

<offtopic>
speaking of 200 hours, i recently passed that milestone on monster hunter freedom. now thats a long game, 500 or so hours to complete it...
</offtopic>

Lance
18th February 2008, 05:40 PM
Is it an insult to tell people it's stupid to quit school, to watch TV all day long, or wash your car 7 days a week? I just don't get how in gaming distorted perspectives get tolerated and even worse saluted :?:

"and so long as I draw breath and have my faculties, I shall never stop practising philosophy and exhorting you and elucidating the truth for everyone that I meet." (Plato, Apology of Socrates)

Ah, ''elucidating truth'', there's the difficult part. Everyone seems to have a different truth. They hold it because it suits their individual natures, because it seems to work for them. Their truth is an expression of themselves.

Tell a human that their truth is a waste of time or insignificant, and you have insulted them.

RJ O'Connell
18th February 2008, 06:04 PM
I really like where this thread is headed. :brickwall

On-Topic: It'd be a nice achievement if anyone could get 100K with all of the ships. But as far as rewards go - after earning that much loyalty with just one ship, there's not much more to it aside from online multiplayer.

Medusa
18th February 2008, 08:11 PM
After reading drawn-out and useless arguments over which ship is better, I have to say that anyone who achieved full loyalty points on every ship would be the only qualified person to ask which ship truly is "better". In their personal truth.

Quo vadis? It does exist, the problem is knowing where to look.

Lance
18th February 2008, 08:33 PM
I've been looking for absolute, non-personal Truth for nearly 65 years, but so far I've only found conditional personal truths, lots of them.

But I seem to detect a bit of an offtopic direction in my posts. :g

Medusa
19th February 2008, 03:52 PM
(Still off-topic...Is it perhaps that you have set conditions on what truth can be?)

Back on topic: I wonder if anyone has 100,000 on even three ships yet. I'm sure someone out there must have that much on two already...

Lance
19th February 2008, 07:17 PM
/offtopic: yeah. :) 'Absolute non-personal Truth' has to be Absolute non-personal Truth. :g

back on topic :D

Frances_Penfold
19th February 2008, 08:11 PM

Sorry I am slow in responding, but just wanted to say no insult taken ;)

Perhaps "salute" really isn't the right word... but I doubt that it takes nearly as long to get the 100k points as was initially calculated... and I don't necessarily think that spreading your gameplay across ships is any more of a waste of time than playing with a single ship. It also doesn't seem like nearly so much of a waste of time as what many gamers do with MMORPGs, traditional RPGs or even shooting games.

I'm actually surprised that SL didn't include more "bonuses" or "trophies" for fully beating the single player mode, or getting 100k in multiple ships, or whatever-- this seems like the directions most games are going. The unlockable concept art in Pure was a great way to reward committed gameplay :)

stin
19th February 2008, 08:22 PM
I wonder if anyone has 100,000 on even three ships yet. I'm sure someone out there must have that much on two already...

Yes, I have four complete ships and two more in near complete as well and the rest is nowhere near halfway mark yet.

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
19th February 2008, 08:26 PM
I have 100,000 with Assegai, some with zero and others with a few hundred. I have no intention of gaining the 100k with all ships don't see the point personally.

P52Smith
20th February 2008, 10:37 AM
100,000 on Assegai
Between 35,000 and 55,000 on UMD ships, not got DLC ships

guillaume
20th June 2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, I have four complete ships and two more in near complete as well and the rest is nowhere near halfway mark yet.
Any update on this, Stevie? Or anyone else?

I'm getting bored of racing Vertica White Phantom Head-to-Head to win loyalty points (I may be mistaken but I figured it was the fastest way...). :brickwall

P52Smith
20th June 2008, 06:42 PM
As mentioned earlier, Zone mode is the fastest way (assuming you are normally into zen).

I would advise you to chose the track you score highest in (zones, not points) and just hit 'race again' when you finish until you get very bored or 100k. If you get bored, change to another good track for you and continue.
I would recomend occasionally swapping between your top 3 tracks (most likely Moa Therma White+Black will be in there)

I have:
Assegai at 100k
the other non-DLCs at 50-70k
the DLCs at 6-8k (I've not had them that long, okay)This is in just over 90 hours of play time (about 3 hours (I'd estimate) online (which doesn't affect loyalty levels unfortunately))

guillaume
20th June 2008, 07:49 PM
Phantom Head-to-Head in hard mode gives you 800 loyalty points if you do 5 perfect laps : (15 per lap + 25 per perfect lap) * 5 laps * 4 (hard mode) = 800.
Phantom Vertica White is done in about 1'40''.
Because doing perfect races is not done that easily (to me at least), I think I have an average of about 650 points per race.
If you count time between races (menus & loading times), I'd say it takes about 2 minutes to win 650 points.
100 000 * 8 ships (without DLC) = 800 000 total points.
800 000 / 650 * 2 minutes / 60 minutes ~= 41 hours.

IMHO, it's hard to win as much points in that given time playing Zone.
But of course, I may be wrong :)

Frances_Penfold
21st June 2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, you guys are hard core, playing events solely to max out loyalty points :)

I've accrued a fair number of loyalty points (max'd out AGS and Pirrhana) but that's just through time trial and speed lap modes.

I wonder who will be the first to 100,000 for all ships?

stin
21st June 2008, 09:41 PM
I did!...well nearly ;)

260hrs of pulse and three remaining but, it`s enough for me!:blarg

stevie:banzai

P52Smith
21st June 2008, 09:47 PM
Good idea!

Those who are in the race can update their stats here every so often until we have 'a winner'.

At this point my stats are as they were for my previous post.
But not for much longer.

AnErare
24th June 2008, 04:55 PM
Interesting thread :D

I started alternating ships with zone mode because they differ in size so the outside camera view differs quite a bit per ship. Still haven't figured out which of the ships suits me best in zone mode but the alternating stayed.

I've managed to gain a few loyalty points on each ship...varying right now between 89k and 100k! :g Getting pretty close, need another 60k approximately :cowboy

AnErare
10th July 2008, 11:35 PM
Hi guys,

I hate to spoil the anticipation some have, just reached 100k on all ships. Including the 4 in the DLC. There is no last "secret" or anything unlocked by gaining such a ridiculous accumulation of loyalty points ;)

Most of it has been done by zoning around, the highest for one race I've seen myself being awarded was about 2300, but my profile still says 198 hours of play-time :pizza :D

Cheers!

Darkdrium777
11th July 2008, 02:24 AM
Of course there isn't any secrets. It's Wipeout Pulse after all... :/

guillaume
11th July 2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks for telling us, and well done! :clap

Medusa
12th July 2008, 02:06 PM
:clap:coffee:pizza:beer

Wow, that is a lot of time spent playing Pulse! Good for you! I could never play Pulse that much.

lunar
12th July 2008, 05:07 PM
Yes congrats for that - that`s a lot of Zone Mode :rock I got 100k on Harimau and that was enough Pulse for me! 8)

Frances_Penfold
15th July 2008, 01:37 AM
Congrats, AnaRare, good work there :)

And glad to know there aren't any little secret unlockables lurking in the game.

Harvai
15th July 2008, 01:02 PM
Man, don't I feel out of place - My highest is 16K for Triakis! Congrats are in order for AnErare - what's the plan now?

I suck at Zone mode - I just make the Gold medal requirement - but a 25-kill eliminator on hard mode (providing I win) yeilds about 860 points or so. So maybe if you guys get sick of Zoning it up, a bit of anti-gravity bloodletting could keep the point score ticking?

Neverdown
18th July 2008, 05:47 PM
Just think of the amount of skill one has after 133 hours in Zen. I think he would think the world is in slowmotion..

omega329
18th July 2008, 08:29 PM
He'd think phantom was slow :eek

rdmx
19th July 2008, 02:07 AM
Phantom is slow after playing it for ages. :g

AnErare
19th July 2008, 02:03 PM
Ghehehe, thanks!

Phantom is still pretty damn fast. :cowboy Zen just takes it to a completely different level :robot

The plan is to keep on zoning and improving the scores :D

jklasdf
22nd July 2008, 03:53 PM
hmm, well i just got 100k on qirex.....but it took me forever. i can't even imagine doing it for every ship :| that's really intense man. impressive to the max

GalacticSpartan
23rd July 2008, 02:16 AM
I agree, Phantom is really fast in Pulse ><. I mostly crash into the walls in mostly every track. I find Phantom in Pure not that hard :3. I have`nt got the 100 k yet, but getting there xD mostly good at Rapier in Pulse but crashes in the wall still a bit XD;; and yes, I do use air brakes.