PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout-Skins.co.nr -upload and download skins

CR4SH3D
30th December 2007, 10:25 AM
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7402/bannercopyvn0.jpg
http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr (http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr/)
Ive just finished the wipeout-skins website and board so anyone wishing to post theyre skins for download so others can comment and use them can do so there

Guide-lines:

After signing up go to the directory for the craft youve skinned
Click upload
For the 'image file' upload the 256x256 flat bitmap
For the 'thumbnail' upload a 223x93 shot of the skinned craft (make sure its that size!)
Enter description, keywords etc and click upload :)Anyone who signs up can post skins up there for download and can rate others

thought it might be a good idea since you only get 5 slots on the WG site

have fun!

Ash-Omen
30th December 2007, 05:17 PM
looks pretty kool but how d u upload the actual skin files im not sure wat format they come in but could probly be found in the save game dir in the memory stick

BARTgai
30th December 2007, 05:56 PM
when in the editor, just click the copy thingy, then paste it into a ms paint file, then save as a .bmp

very nice site, CR4SH3D :+

cant wait to see other people's skins and upload some of my own :)

Ash-Omen
30th December 2007, 06:15 PM
i still cant figure out how too copy and paste on editor theres no option for it
in legends it says it has copy and paste but i never see it:?

Lusshan
30th December 2007, 08:01 PM
Great site and idea!
... But I'm having some problems registering.

@Ash-Omen:
It appears when you open the colour palette, for some reason.

CR4SH3D
30th December 2007, 09:45 PM
//ash omen
click the paint palette button then coy appears below it

//lusshan
was the problem you not getting the email? ive turned that off and ill try validating your accounts myself

//all
thanks for the compliments guys!

//edit
ive added you all to registered members so could you try signing in again please and let me know how it goes, thanks

//edit2
should be fixed:
changed the userlevel for all registered but not active members to activated :)

Lusshan
31st December 2007, 01:10 AM
//lusshan
was the problem you not getting the email? ive turned that off and ill try validating your accounts myself

//edit2
should be fixed:
changed the userlevel for all registered but not active members to activated :)

Yes, that was the problem, and yes, now it works perfectly fine.

CR4SH3D
31st December 2007, 09:30 AM
good good :)

Dogg Thang
31st December 2007, 04:51 PM
Just wondering what file type I should upload for the skin itself?

CR4SH3D
31st December 2007, 04:55 PM
anything but .pcx or .bmp i think should be fine :)

Dogg Thang
31st December 2007, 05:02 PM
Cool, just want to make sure nothing gets lost in the translation.

CR4SH3D
31st December 2007, 05:27 PM
seems to be all ok :) your skins are up and looking sweet
also feel free to post urls in the descriptions to high res previews (you can edit the ones youve just done)

on another note, i have no idea what the lightbox thing is so if anyone finds out let me know ;P

Lusshan
31st December 2007, 07:15 PM
I think it's a favourites list... when you have added several images to the lightbox you can download all of them in a zip-file.

CR4SH3D
31st December 2007, 09:21 PM
oh thats pretty cool ;P
yup i know nothing about the gallery system but ohwell

im thinking of adding certain skinners gallery links to the main gallery, good idea?

Ash-Omen
1st January 2008, 02:39 PM
i get this everytime i try too upload and i know im doing it right....

Error uploading image file:
Image_file.bmp: Invalid file type (bmp, image/bmp)

its under 2000kb and its a bmp so WTF? lol

QirexAAX
1st January 2008, 03:18 PM
It has to be pretty much anything BUT a bitmap.

Ash-Omen
1st January 2008, 03:21 PM
uh ok but the site says use a bitmat, meh ill do it later

stin
1st January 2008, 03:46 PM
Guys!, please read the guidelines about quotings!:naughty

stevie

CR4SH3D
1st January 2008, 05:40 PM
yeah no bmps im afraid sorry, i might change it but they take up alot more server space

ZenDJiNN
8th January 2008, 02:15 AM
Hey CR4SH3D, i've been trying to get into the site but i've forgotten my password :redface: & for some reason the "Forgot your Password" widget doesn't seem to work properly... Is there anyway you could sort it for me or let me know what i have to do? Any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks....

Zen

CR4SH3D
8th January 2008, 03:07 AM
sorry about that, any "emailing" feature doesnt work because i dont have smtp on the server

whats your user name on WO-S? ill change your password and pm you the new one on here :) sorry about that

zargz
8th January 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr (http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr/)Cool site! 8)
just watched trough all the skins.

only one thing - you misspelled icarAs :?

ZenDJiNN
8th January 2008, 10:31 AM
Hey CR4SH3D - Thanks for the quick reply.

The name's the same as here on WZ - "ZenDJiNN". :) I'll make sure that i write the new PW down somewhere. ;)

Cheers........

Zen

CR4SH3D
8th January 2008, 10:51 AM
//zargz
cheers man, and ill change that now ;P

//ZenDJiNN
your not on the member list, try signing up again, i cant find it in there

ZenDJiNN
8th January 2008, 02:26 PM
I've just checked the Forums (I was the first one there to leave you a Congrats message btw) and my profile seems to still be there..... Here's the details.

ame: ZenDJiNN
Position: Newbie
Date Registered: December 28, 2007, 09:08:49 PM
Last Active: December 28, 2007, 09:17:33 PM

So it would seem that, in some way i AM still there, but for some reason "unrecognised" ..... :)

I'll try re-registering and see what happens, and if i have to change my name then so be it. I'll let you know what happens and thanks once again for the help.

The site's continuing to look better & better btw, and some of those skins are just amazing! :)

Hey CR4SH3D, me again. :)

Just had a go at re-registering, using the same name (As if i'm not on the board then the name won't be either, or at least not yet) and it said that the name was already in use by another member (Namely me).... ??

So i decided to have another go at logging in using the name & the PW that i "Thought" was the correct one, and it let me in!!! Strange eh?

I've tried that password before the last few days & got the same results (No access) and then all of a sudden it works!! :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know all seems to be working fine, and i am indeed a member. Maybe there's a bug in the software or something?

Thanks again......

Zen

Me again.... I've just had a "DUH!!" moment....

I've just realised that i'm confusing the forums with the Skins section, and you have to register separately for both, is that right? I've just registered for the skins section (Using the same name & PW) as well, and everything seems to be working fine. :clap

CR4SH3D
8th January 2008, 03:10 PM
haha yeah sorry about that :P i might try linking databases but i didnt want to mess with the accounts

glad its sorted :P

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 12:25 PM
I Cant upload, every time i try i end up being logged out

CR4SH3D
9th January 2008, 07:24 PM
any error messages at all?
have you uploaded before?

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 07:27 PM
never uploaded before, and when i choose upload im back at the homepage logged out

CR4SH3D
9th January 2008, 07:31 PM
oh!
go to the catagory for the skin, click the small upload button

i think your clicking upload on the main homepage or the top nav bar, am i right?

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 07:35 PM
You are indeed right :)

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 07:43 PM
So, When will there be an EG.X Template Available?

CR4SH3D
9th January 2008, 08:13 PM
im not making templates but when others do i post them on the templates section of the site, theres also a templates section in the skin center now too

Lion
9th January 2008, 08:19 PM
when someone makes one :P
having just made an EG-X skin, it's a hell of a lot easier to find the edges than (eg:) qirex
theres high contrast between most parts of the skin vs its background by default

CR4SH3D
14th January 2008, 03:02 PM
im thinking of adding a custom grids section where you can upload your own grids

you think its a good idea?

basically ill make a .psd template for the preview images and you can edit it with a name, what class it is, what tracks etc and then upload that and a .zip to a new catagory on the skins page

i think it might be a cool idea

GTAce
14th January 2008, 04:08 PM
Nice site, registred and uploaded my Gulf Skin (see the other thread). 8 )
Really like the design, good work!

CR4SH3D
14th January 2008, 09:17 PM
thanks loads :) nice skin too

Lion
15th January 2008, 03:44 AM
im thinking of adding a custom grids section where you can upload your own grids

you think its a good idea?definitely
DOOOO IIIIIIT!!!!! :P

CR4SH3D
15th January 2008, 09:59 AM
working on it now :P
i have to work out what grid info to include on the previews though, and figure out an upload system, i pmed you the site so far

Au_Xtr3me
15th January 2008, 11:20 AM
I love to admire the awesome skins that people put up, and I'd put mine up if I wasn't afraid of going online and seeing someone else using my skin.

Skins are like personal artworks, it's like making a work of art, showing it to everyone else, then realising that someone copied it!

Of course others will disagree, but that's my view on it.

CR4SH3D
15th January 2008, 01:35 PM
same i can completly understand if someone didnt want to put one up there

qirexaax is making me one with my name on, im probably going to ask him not to put it up for dl even though its looking awesome

i thought though for people that pump out skins especially, it is good to get them public and see people using them :)

zargz
15th January 2008, 02:36 PM
I love to admire the awesome skins that people put up, and I'd put mine up if I wasn't afraid of going online and seeing someone else using my skin.so don't publish it.
my two skins I keep for my self
but if by any chance I should manage to make an ok skin
that don't have my nick on it I'd publish it!

even if only for the egotrip of someone else using it ..
well, Only for that reason actually :D

GTAce
15th January 2008, 02:51 PM
I dont own a PSP and the game, so this is a great opportunity to share my work with other people and gain some feedback!
But i can understand this.

Dogg Thang
15th January 2008, 02:55 PM
i thought though for people that pump out skins especially, it is good to get them public and see people using them :)

Absolutely. I really enjoy making the skins and it's not like I'm going to be able to use them all. I'm just enjoying the process and seeing the final product. So I'd like nothing more than to have people make use of them and I think the site is a great way of doing that. It also is a really good resource to see just how other skins look to help figure out better ways to do it.

CR4SH3D
15th January 2008, 07:47 PM
//gtace
thats awesome your making skins without gettin the chance to play them, someone should donate a psp to you ;)

//dogg thang
thanks very much :) i do have to update the gallery page though with some more awesome skin that have been uploaded. im glad you enjoy the site

GTAce
15th January 2008, 08:28 PM
Hehe. 8 )
I just hope some people like them, its fun to make the skins, always loved to make something like that.
Hopefully HD will have that feature... *crosses fingers*

alnuva
17th January 2008, 10:29 AM
I need the admin of wipeout skins to delete my skin called 2097/XL Feisar.

Please can you do this.

Thank you.

-Aeonsource(AKA Altrus)

GTAce
17th January 2008, 01:01 PM
Lol yeah i had a similiar problem.^^'
But i would suggest you post it on the wipeoutskins forum because its only related to the site and maybe it gets more attention when the forum will be used more often. ;)

CR4SH3D
17th January 2008, 02:08 PM
//alnuva
yeah done that now for you

//gtace
i hope the forums will become a good place for skinners to discuss techniques and ideas etc, maybe even have contests :)