PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout: Rollcage

Dogg Thang
30th December 2007, 08:01 AM
Among the many dreams I had last night (in one I was going out with Jodie Marsh and it turned out she's really a nice person), I had one about Wipeout: Rollcage. I guess it was in the same way that PGR4 has now got both cars and motorbikes, this game had traditional WO tracks but with extra tunnel sections and ramps that could be used in a special Rollcage mode, which brought in the Rollcage cars.

It was an expansion of the WO racing universe. And, in my dream, it worked really well. The races were separate - you couldn't race WO craft against the Rollcage cars - but, even still, it all felt part of the same game.

Just a dream but a good one.

mdhay
30th December 2007, 09:56 AM
Er, I er, oh no.

I can't think of anything to say!

Your dream is er, intresting. Good luck with that dream. :+

Mad-Ice
30th December 2007, 10:28 AM
A very nice dream indeed! But maybe there will be another Rollcage some day! I will just keep on dreaming too maybe it will help. Imagine Rollcage PS3 multiplayer madness. :rock

CR4SH3D
30th December 2007, 10:46 AM
mag strip tunnels?

supersocks
30th December 2007, 11:32 AM
Mag-strips are cancer.

Seriously, what's up with this mentality that every futuristic racing game MUST involve tracks in any possible angle? Rollcage tackled this issue stylishly by playing with physics rather than some pre-defined locked routes.

http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/super_sonic_x_ps3.jpg

I had this though of some futuristic RC (radio controlled) racing involving vehicles from famous futuristic racing games over the years. Kinda like Super Robot Wars or Super Smash Bros.

Three different vehicle types: car/bike, hovercraft/ag-craft and magnetic levitator. Cars can make jumps and drive upside down if there is enough downforce. The downside is that they must maintain their speed to do so or they fall. Hovercrafts cannot drive on ceilings but can make larger jumps (for shortcuts example) than other. Magnetic racers are like driving on a mag-strips all the time. They can drive practically everywhere there isn't too sharp angles but they cant make any jumps. Tweak balance with steering and speed and acceleration setups and here you go... possibly.

Wasn't there already some cross-over thread?