PDA

View Full Version : F9000 official website revived!?

HISHO[JP]
29th December 2007, 11:34 AM
http://wipeoutfusion.proactivity.biz/
(Information from Japanese fansite's blog (http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/wipeout/))
F9000 official website is revived, including course preview(.mov) etc.
...But why?

Fusion is the biggest "lost" in Japan. (The second is WO64.)
Fusion has no "Floatage feeling" so some of deep Japanese fans dislike.

But still now, many, many Japanese "wipers" are waiting for Fusion. (Me too)

mdhay
29th December 2007, 12:10 PM
You don't have Fusion????

Sausehuhn
29th December 2007, 12:37 PM
Probably never released in Japan? Be sure it won't be in future as well ;)
Pick up a copy at ebay if you really want it :)

Btt:
woha! That's a whole copy of the entire website! Even the non-flash versions! Is there a way to make a backup of the whole thing? I don't want to wait till this version goes offline, too.

Asayyeah
29th December 2007, 01:40 PM
Incredible HISHO[JP] incredible !!!!
Awesome to watch the ranking into the leagues, 5 years ago : what a revival :rock
Kappa challenge anyone? :D

Sausehuhn
29th December 2007, 04:05 PM
Btw:
Did anyone already ask why they did not chose the website's design for the WOF ingame menus? They look so nice :)

Rapier Racer
30th December 2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah I wanted to know how to make a complete copy of the site too, but I asked this last time it was online and no one replied soo...

swift killer
30th December 2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone know how to save the whole thing?

Chill
30th December 2007, 07:01 PM
YES!!!! I for one love the site design more than the game itself... can it please be saved?!!

RJ O'Connell
31st December 2007, 04:23 PM
Say what you want about the game itself but this is still the best official game site in the Wipeout series, because it creates a believable background for the series, and you feel as if you are looking at an official racing league website, and not one for a PS2 game.

Major props.

Rapier Racer
2nd January 2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah but also, listen to those sounds man, them eeerie sounds, those take me back a few years, damn I'm getting old :frown:

Lance
2nd January 2008, 07:57 PM
Oh, please. I remember a few decades before there were videogames. I remember when television was just beginning to get popular and my family didn't have one yet. When you can remember crap like that, thEn tell me about how old you feel! :D

--------

I always liked the look and sounds of the old Fusion site. Cool mood.

swift killer
3rd January 2008, 10:49 AM
So does anyone know how to save the whole god damned thing?

...please?...anyone?:(:(:(

Sausehuhn
3rd January 2008, 04:55 PM
@ RJ O'Connell

Exactly! You took the words out of my mouth! The website (and the info in the manual as well) made the game to the most believable WipEout to date. You really have the feeling you're in an official league with strict rules rather than just a console game.
Nice addition: They advertise WipEout Fusion as the official game for the sport (just like the F1 or Fifa games).
I wish there was another so complex and believable website (and game) again. Say what ever you want about Fusion, like it or don't, but you can't deny that the game wasn't believable.
Not to mention the extremely good looking style of the website.

RJ O'Connell
3rd January 2008, 05:39 PM
Sausehuhn: You know, I'd try this approach again with (Wipeout PS3), if the basic gameplay is just as good as the two PSP Wipeouts, all it's missing, IMHO, is that sense of immersion into a real-life racing circuit that Fusion attempted to do (of course they may have put too little effort in making a game to match).

Just my $0.02.

Silverstream
9th January 2008, 09:30 AM
I called for the site's revival a while ago now and it's great to see it back. A superbly designed website with some interesting information on the history of WipEout. I'm going to make sure I save the site to my PC this time before it goes missing again!

Thanks for posting the link! :clap

Sausehuhn
9th January 2008, 10:24 AM
I'm going to make sure I save the site to my PC this time

If you figure out how to do that, let me know :)

Damon
9th January 2008, 01:08 PM
Yes, please tell us here. I long for a permanent record of that website...

kowareta|vojeet
9th January 2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.httrack.com/
HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.

It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. ...

Rapier Racer
9th January 2008, 05:43 PM
I'll give it a shot, in the past when I've used programs to download the entire site all I got was the F9000 flash intro and nothing else, lets see if this is any good.

adelheid
27th January 2008, 07:23 PM
Does the site-saver work?

Sausehuhn
5th March 2009, 03:20 PM
And again: it's gone.
And no: WayBackMachine.org - again - can't take us back :(

RJ O'Connell
5th March 2009, 05:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s) :(

Velocitar64
6th March 2009, 08:36 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s) :(

Bummer.

(Mainly posting to get LilLoose off the lastest post of the board, but that really is a bummer.)

Sausehuhn
7th March 2009, 11:33 AM
Contacted goodtechnology. They're not planning to re-host the site in the future. They "no longer work with Sony".

RJ O'Connell
7th March 2009, 03:21 PM
Most of the content from the website can also be retrieved from Aka-Sho's site, so all is not lost.

Sausehuhn
9th March 2009, 07:05 PM
Seriously, why did no-one try that httrack-stuff? (yes, that's also a question to myself).

BARTgai
11th March 2009, 04:05 AM
I did try backing it up a little while ago, but when I opened the backed-up version on my computer, there were all kinds of missing files and stuff.

I really had no idea how to work the thing anyways :frown:

Sausehuhn
20th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Seems like he is the guy (http://www.freelancers.net/proactivity) behind the (lost) re-hosting. Ask him to host it once more?

wipeout rocks
17th April 2010, 09:19 AM
wait if you search wipeoutfusion.com on waybackmachine.org.web and click on the latest site it gives you a bit of it but not complete