PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Progress lost!

Dogg Thang
28th December 2007, 10:33 AM
I was browsing the stats this morning and saw that there were Race Campaign bits still to do. I thought maybe it had unlocked another grid or something. Well, when I went to check, it turns out that I had lost a load of progress - from around the 22nd of December or so. Basically all the big Phantom tournaments that took me ages to get.

Not sure what happened but yesterday morning was the first time in ages I actually turned the PSP off rather than using sleep and I reckon that's when it must have happened. So it must have stopped autosaving at some point.

So check your autosave is still on before switching off.

ZenDJiNN
28th December 2007, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear about that Dogg. I didn't even know that the Autosave was "Switchable" but i'll go check right now because i use the sleep mode quite a bit. Thanks for the heads up. :)

mdhay
28th December 2007, 11:52 AM
Aw naw!
That Rapid Racoon did it, didn't he?

Roz
28th December 2007, 01:42 PM
I always like to turn off the PSP after a good day of play. I always feel she needs a nice reboot and rest to clear that memory of bugs and strange stuff.

Lusshan
28th December 2007, 01:59 PM
I always like to turn off the PSP after a good day of play. I always feel she needs a nice reboot and rest to clear that memory of bugs and strange stuff.

Yeah, me too. And not only because I think she deserves a rest, but I think it's good for the hardware and that it lengthens the life of the battery.

Ps. Is "lengthens" a word?

Alex_Se
28th December 2007, 02:24 PM
Something like that happened to me on Wipeout 3, but it doesnt have auto-save, so i don't know what really happend.

Sorry for your loss, but its always fun to race from the beginning :D

stin
28th December 2007, 04:08 PM
Funnily enough, that did happened to me few days ago, I just lost six golds including three tournaments!:bomb

I do feel you bud!

stevie:(

Lance
28th December 2007, 04:24 PM
Ps. Is "lengthens" a word?

Yes, it is. It's a standard word in English that's been in use for a very long time.

Neverdown
28th December 2007, 07:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that Dogg. I didn't even know that the Autosave was "Switchable" but i'll go check right now because i use the sleep mode quite a bit. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Where can you check if Autosave is on or not?

ZenDJiNN
29th December 2007, 02:02 AM
Well, if it's there i still haven't found it. :) Dogg???

Asayyeah
29th December 2007, 01:46 PM
when they asked you to record your profile again , you need to go to Profile then Manage profile and Save : that is happening to me when i am changing from memory stick, but never heard about that kind of problem with the sleep mode ( sorry for this Dogg)

G'Kyl
29th December 2007, 02:02 PM
Why, usually PSP games tell you the status of the memory stick has changed and you need to re-enable autosave after waking up from standby. Pulse, however, does this by itself. I usually never turn off my PSP (always standby) and still didn't have any problems with Pulse so far... Maybe I should make a backup of my profile. ;)

Dogg Thang
29th December 2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I've started saving my profile manually just to be sure. I have almost caught up with where I was now anyway.

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 06:35 PM
Gah! Progress lost again!

A really weird one this time. For some reason I have lost all my progress on the downloaded packs. Everything else is perfectly intact. I know they were saved because I had quit out several times after installing the Mirage and Icaras packs (and I had completed the Mirage grid before getting Icaras and it was there until today).

No idea what happened there.