PDA

View Full Version : the weirdest things that happened while playing online

Tomahawk
15th December 2007, 09:28 PM
I've experienced some really weird things while i was playing some online races tonight:

I've raced against seven other players in a venom single race. I was doing badly on my first 2 laps and was in only 6th place when entering the final lap. "Now it's all or nothing!" I thought, pulled up my helmet's visor and hit my foot on the acceleration pedal. :banzai I gained position after position through this race's final lap using every extra I picked up and absorbing nothing. Before the last corner of the lap I had the third placed guy in sight! The last weapon pad before the finish line gave me a turbo, I hit the button and woosh! I gained second place on the last few inches of of the lap! Just before I crossed the line a missle hit my already badly damaged quirex from behind and it blew up crossing the line in flames. My respects to Hellfire, who won the gold in that race. Awesome ractime mate! On the statistics page after the race it showed my total race time and no DNF but in my online profile it now shows my first death online... :naughty

Did anybody else here experience something strange like this?

eLhabib
15th December 2007, 11:23 PM
Well, that's perfectly correct then! If your burning hull crossed the finish line, YOU DID FINISH the race - hence no DNF. But yeah, you sure did die before you had the chance to spray champaign on the podium - hence the statistical death.
A-OK:+

Chrono
16th December 2007, 12:46 AM
If it explodes, I'll hit it...weird eh??

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 11:33 AM
My respects to Hellfire, who won the gold in that race. Awesome ractime mate!

Thanks mate, I was pretty nervous as it was my first online race :)