PDA

View Full Version : Zone mode in WipEout Pulse

B-one
15th December 2007, 12:54 PM
Hello everybody !
It's been a very long time since i didnt write a post.

I played like 3 hours of Pulse, and my feelings about zone mode is that it is harder !
The speed seems to increase faster !
What do you think ?

oh, and anybody knows where the voice stops to say "zone X cleared" ? In pulse it was 45 or so i think ;)

ciao =)

ZenDJiNN
15th December 2007, 01:28 PM
I think the Zone is "Much" better in Pulse. It's smoother, Brighter, More transitional as you go along. I also love the fact that you get to practice the actual tracks that you'll be racing on... A big improvement (for me anyway) over the Pure Zone.

I also really like some of the colours used in the Zones. Make it a lot easier to see what's happening. :)

As for when the voice stops..... haven't got a clue. I find it hard to get past 30 (Well, impossible as of yet) but i'm working on it.

B-one
15th December 2007, 04:25 PM
thanks for your answer !
In pure i was able to reach zone 65 - 70 but in pulse it seems to be more difficult. but i need to practice, actually i don't know the tracks =)

Neverdown
15th December 2007, 04:27 PM
20 gets you into Phantom mode, 35 into Zen. Between is Super Phantom. Is there anything beyond Zen?

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2007, 04:28 PM
I've managed Zone 46 and the last notice I heard was 40. I'd imagine it goes a bit beyond that too. I doubt there's anything beyond Zen... maybe Nutter? ;)

Neverdown
15th December 2007, 04:34 PM
Too bad I haven't found a way to get Zen in normal races.. :D

Lion
15th December 2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know if the speeds increases faster early on or if the gap between the different classes is wider later, but you definitely go sub-venom -> rapier a lot faster than you go rapier -> super phantom

phl0w
15th December 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, it's laps 5-12-20 (flash-rapier-phantom). 35 and on cleared being "zen". (or was it 30?)

Neverdown
15th December 2007, 09:26 PM
It's 35.

kowareta|vojeet
16th December 2007, 12:13 PM
I've managed Zone 46 and the last notice I heard was 40. I'd imagine it goes a bit beyond that too. I doubt there's anything beyond Zen... maybe Nutter? ;)
:g Nutter, oh yes! :beer

Mad-Ice
17th December 2007, 09:59 AM
thanks for your answer !
In pure i was able to reach zone 65 - 70 but in pulse it seems to be more difficult. but i need to practice, actually i don't know the tracks =)

Nice, really nice achievement. I think zone mode in pulse is indeed harder. It is because the tracks were not designed to be specific for zone. I think it is a great addition to be able to fly zone mode on all the tracks and especially the change of enviroment with all new colours. I really like it!!!