PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pulse FAQ

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2007, 10:51 PM
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/wipeoutpulseguide.txt

0.6 - Guides for Talons' Junction to Metropia complete. Removed Zone Mode section as it would just have been a repeat of the track guide. Circuits which can be used for Zone Mode have been indicated in the track guides. Harimau and Auricom packs added, as well as their respective grids.

SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED TO GAMEFAQS

BARTgai
1st December 2007, 10:53 PM
hmm, when i click the link, it says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." could just be me, as my internets is never nice to me.

EDIT: Oh never mind lol, its working now

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2007, 10:54 PM
Try now, link was slightly wrong

BARTgai
1st December 2007, 10:58 PM
Wow, very nice guide! :+ :+

I love the team logos and all the info it has, even though the game isnt out yet.

there was one line that made me shudder:

"It is also worth noting that with Auricom being demoted to the download packs, FEISAR is the only team left to have appeared in the starting line-up for every Wipeout game."

Im scared to think that something will happen to my Feisar in future wipeouts :frown:

Chill
2nd December 2007, 12:48 AM
Always love your faqs Charlie, especialy your amazing ability to make pictures out of simple typing... great work!!

mdhay
2nd December 2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I wondered when this would happen!

That type - a - pic(tm) is a bit hard for me, all I can do is 8-#>- , which is a guy scratching his beard, nice work!

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2007, 09:01 AM
As I said, all credit goes to Sausehuhn for the team logos, and of course to Rob for the team back stories. Everything else is mine though ;)

Lion
2nd December 2007, 09:04 AM
looking forward to seeing that complete :)

ASCII art is not something I'd have the patience to do manually. Thankfully there are web sites that will take care of it for you :) but I don't think they were used in these guides anyway, as their resultant images look quite different.
Usually something more like this (http://helix.net.nz/~lion/Misc/WipEoutZone/pulseascii.html)

stin
2nd December 2007, 09:55 AM
Well written and enjoyed reading this morning and hopefully more to come up later stages when you finished.

Excellent work!

stevie:)

Asayyeah
2nd December 2007, 02:15 PM
Brilliant job again Charlie ;)

But something is strange on a sentence :
"Finally, do not e-mail me asking for the download packs. They are obtainable
from the PlayStation Store and unlike Pure, you have to pay for them this time.
I paid my good money to download them, you can too."

this is very confusing to me

Sausehuhn
2nd December 2007, 02:19 PM
Downloadable content is again free this time AFAIK.

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2007, 02:22 PM
Hmm... guess I must have heard something wrong :S

I'll change that later if it ain't true ;)

Frances_Penfold
2nd December 2007, 04:33 PM
I haven't read your FAQ work before but just wanted to say how impressed I am! Very beautiful.

Reading it made me realize-- I need to start memorizing those pick-up icons so I know what the heck I am armed with once the game is released ;)

Rapier Racer
2nd December 2007, 05:19 PM
Uh I think Charlie is correct I also recall hearing the packs won't be free this time around, which might explain why the games price keeps dropping eh?

However, the tradeoff to such good all-round performance is that its shields are sub standard, making this a less than ideal combat craft and an easy target.

Is that right? We'll just see about that, anyone tries to make an easy target out of me and ... :lol:banzai

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2007, 05:24 PM
Well stick it in YOUR hands and it might be a different story, but to the average racer... :lol ;)

RJ O'Connell
2nd December 2007, 05:30 PM
Fantastic stuff as usual Hellfire!

BARTgai
2nd December 2007, 05:48 PM
uhh, the packs wont be free??? :o *cries*

where are you getting this information?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2007, 06:20 PM
We've established I was talking shite ;)

Rapier Racer
2nd December 2007, 06:48 PM
Really? Could have sworn I asked this at SL and was told otherwise

BARTgai
2nd December 2007, 07:01 PM
We've established I was talking shite ;)

oh geez thank god. DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT! lol

tapioca
11th December 2007, 10:28 AM
Hi all…

For those who already have their Pure UMD and everyone else to follow… This is what i discovered so far after a few hours of gaming (less than 4 for now).

The game opens with Talon's Junction, Moa Therma and Metropia on grid 1 and each time you open a new grid when you get enough points, a new track gets unlocked (along with the Black Run of a previous track):
(according to the grid numbers) 2 Arc Prime, 3 De Konstruct, 4 Tech de Ra, 5 The Amphiseum, 6 Fort Gale, 7 Basilico, 8 Platinum Rush, 9 Vertica (to be continued…)

Each "dot" of the loyalty points indicator represents 4000 points :
at 4000 : you get an alternative ship skin
at 8000 : you get the eliminator skin (metal grey armoured ship)
at 12000 : didn't unlock anything (with Assegai at least…)

Up to everyone to complete the list. I guess this will be added then to Hellfire's FAQ…

(Oh no… i have to get back to work)

rdmx
11th December 2007, 11:42 AM
How fast do you gain loyalty points? Like how many points for each race win?

tapioca
11th December 2007, 12:21 PM
For a standard race, you get around 100-200 points, depending on how you master it.
I think there's 15 points by lap, 20 for perfect lap, some multiplicators depending on the difficulty level.
And you get around 250 points for a Zone 30 session.
Sorry i don't have the exact figures in mind. I'll have to check

Hunter Gamma
11th December 2007, 01:24 PM
Each "pixel" of the loyalty points indicator represents 4000 points :
at 4000 : you get an alternative ship skin
at 8000 : you get the eliminator skin (metal grey armoured ship)
at 12000 : we'll see…

Greetings to all speedfreeks. First post.

Those point limits sound pretty high (for me at least), which in my opinion is good. Now you really have to use one team to gain lots of loyalty and bonuses for that specific favourite team.
EG-X for me 'cause it is partly Finnish ;)

Dr. Angryman
11th December 2007, 02:02 PM
That loyalty points thing seems interesting, if a bit too easy. :?

P.S. Welcome to the Zone Hunter Gamma! :)

Rapier Racer
11th December 2007, 02:29 PM
If I remember correctly, there is a little meter/bar that lights up a little more as you earn the points after your race, it felt like it would take a lot of points to fill the bar completely.

G'Kyl
12th December 2007, 06:14 AM
It does. ;) As far as I can tell (76000 with Assegai) the bar represents 100.000 points, and skins I have seen so far are also Zone and Concept (cool!).

tapioca
12th December 2007, 06:50 AM
76000 already ? Wow, i'm only 14000 with Assegai (but i also played Qirex and Piranha. Well…mostly). How many points to get Zone and Concept ?

Chrono
12th December 2007, 05:21 PM
damn im only at 8k points...

I'm also posting these as we go on gamefaqs.com. I have to wait for get to approved then I'll update it

Roz
12th December 2007, 09:44 PM
Hey Hellfire, you should submit this FAQ to gamefaqs!

Hellfire_WZ
12th December 2007, 10:07 PM
It'd never be accepted in this state, there's no gameplay info in there. I usually submit all my guides for Wipeout games once they are complete, but this one is far too early to go in.

max damage
15th December 2007, 10:29 AM
mm im a bit newbie and i have a question, what do loyalty points unlock?

Fascia
15th December 2007, 11:30 AM
Alternative skins/models

max damage
15th December 2007, 12:14 PM
oh thats nice :D

BARTgai
15th December 2007, 11:27 PM
wait, did you say skins/models?

different models? Woah, cant wait to see em :p

Lion
16th December 2007, 08:31 AM
at (I think) 17000 points you get access to the zone ship for your team for use as a regular vessel

Neverdown
16th December 2007, 10:33 AM
EG-X ship Alternate Skin Reach 4000 Loyalty Points with the EG-X team
EG-X ship Eliminator Skin Reach 8000 Loyalty Points with the EG-X team
EG-X ship Zone Skin Reach 16000 Loyalty Points with the EG-X team

If this is true, what it probably is, what will you get at 100.000 then?

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 10:37 AM
It'll be fun to find out, but you do get something for 25000 ;)

Roz
16th December 2007, 10:57 AM
This is crazy! I'm racing with all the teams so that the points are evenly distributed, and now I find out it goes all the way to 100k? I have like, 3000 for everybody and I'm at grid 6!

:brickwall

KANDANG
16th December 2007, 11:21 AM
hehe 25000 gives you the concept design

i'm at 53k+ but have yet to get anything new after that :?

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 11:26 AM
Bloody hell, I thought I was doing well on 36k! :eek

Anyway, before this topic completely derails (;)) I finish work this week so after Christmas I should be able to start doing the guide properly

zargz
16th December 2007, 11:36 AM
hehe 25000 gives you the concept design

i'm at 53k+ but have yet to get anything new after that :?spoiler!!! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/mad.gif

though just got the concept and it is nice

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 02:29 PM
Another thing that's changed from Pure is that you can now be harmed by your own weapons. Two ways I've noticed this. One of my favourite tricks in Pure was to let someone get right up my arse and then bomb them in the face. Do that in Pulse and you'll take some damage from the blast as well.

It's also the same with mines. Slightly amusing, I was racing Tech De Ra White on Rapier class. Laid a mine field, the proceeded to lose my bearings and fall of the track. I respawned in the middle of my own minefield and took it full in the face. I nearly threw my PSP out the window.

kowareta|vojeet
16th December 2007, 03:08 PM
"get right up my arse and then bomb them in the face"
Yep, that doesn't work for me ,too. :g

Noticed anyone: when you are in the middle of a race and your psp-battery is low and the psp is shutting down, after that all opponents are gone. :(

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2007, 10:45 PM
Right, time to get to work. Guide has been updated, pretty much all info is in and the track guides are ready to be started.

phl0w
30th December 2007, 11:38 PM
Just found a mistake: In the paragraph where you describe racing-lines and use Talon's Junction as an example, it says: If you do that with this first corner, you will end up on the left hand side while it should read: right hand side. You'd want to come out left, but following the basic racing-line you'll leave the corner on the right, obviously.
Good guide though!

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2007, 10:20 AM
Right. You can tell I poached that bit from the Pure guide where I used the first corners of Chenghou Project as the example ;)

Hellfire_WZ
18th February 2008, 10:16 PM
Behold, a MASSIVE update :P

I've spent pretty much the whole of today cataloguing every single event in all the grids. I think the only things left to do are the track and Zone guides now.

Task
19th February 2008, 12:18 AM
Excellent timing, I just came online to get some answers about my first Eliminator game (what good are laps?) and your guide was an excellent read.

Thanks for making another great handy guide!

Asayyeah
19th February 2008, 02:01 AM
Charlie thank you again for the time you spent to create this fantastic FAQ for Pulse. So useful and Essential for everyone who likes Pulse.

RJ O'Connell
19th February 2008, 01:12 PM
Yes, brilliant job with this new version.

Not expecting a final version until after all the download packs are available, I assume? Not that it matters of course, it's still top-notch info!

Hellfire_WZ
19th February 2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, won't go final until it's all out, but I'll submit it to GameFAQs as soon as I've got a few track guides done.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd February 2008, 09:51 PM
Right, I think that's enough to get submitted to GameFAQs now :)

I've done track guides for Talon's Junction, Moa Therma and Metropia white and black runs. The Zone Mode section I felt was redundant as I probably would have been repeating myself from the track guides, so it's been removed. Hopefully the whole thing will be finished in a couple of weeks.