PDA

View Full Version : Movember

Lion
2nd November 2007, 03:05 AM
Is anyone else on the forums growing a moustache to raise money for their country's prostate cancer foundations?
I shaved off the goatee that I've had in some form for about 3 years and have started working on a moustache. it's gonna be great (and by "be great" I mean "make me look like an idiot")
I'm taking photos every day so I can make an animated gif of my progress.
when it starts looking bad enough I'll post a photo in here

Check out www.movember.com for more info

Chill
2nd November 2007, 05:32 AM
LOL!!! Wow, that's going to be awsome...

rdmx
2nd November 2007, 05:41 AM
I want to see that moustache gif! That'd be an awesome avatar at other forums!

Lion
2nd November 2007, 06:09 AM
this was me a couple of summers ago:
http://helix.net.nz/~lion/Pictures/Avatars/beard.gif
I'm hoping the new image (when complete) will out-awesome the above

stin
2nd November 2007, 09:02 AM
LOL!

That`s takes some guts to shave a goat......ee! :lol

Good for you mate! :D:+

stevie:)

Xupu
2nd November 2007, 09:18 AM
I gro a mo to! lo(L)

infoxicated
2nd November 2007, 09:31 AM
Comedy! :D

Doesn't look like much of a challenge to you, though - why not add a mullet to up the difficulty level? ;)

Lion
2nd November 2007, 10:29 AM
sadly i get a no.1 back and sides when I get my hair cut.. so I think a mullet in a month is gonna be pushing it, as much as I'd love to :P

Thankfully there's not many pics of me when I was a kid and my style was at it's worst... I had a mullet, spiked with gel. but made infinitely worse by having stripes shaved into the sides like MC Hammer
match that with fluoro clothing and it's a recipe for 80s awesome.. but in hindsight it's appalling!

the gif in that other post was at the end of my summer holidays, I had 7 weeks off and grew a full beard, then shaved it off in pieces for that image.

Chill
3rd November 2007, 02:31 AM
It'd be so awesome if we all could see our age process take action right before our eyes... :o

Lance
4th November 2007, 08:53 PM
I think I'd pass on seeing that aging process thing.

Leon, the 80s were awesome.

Lion
5th November 2007, 09:46 AM
I was born in 1980. Other than my personal memories, what I remember of them was great music and terrible fashion.. especially the hairstyles.