PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pulse now Feb 2008 in Northern America?

hydroxious
31st October 2007, 08:57 PM
Can anyone confirm this,- I expected Pulse in November and even got a PSP Slim a month ago.

Fascia
31st October 2007, 08:59 PM
Most sources indicate a late november/early december release date.

While there is no official release date as such, the best source indicated November 2007:

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item62324/WipEout%C2%AE-Pulse/

MarcoM
31st October 2007, 09:41 PM
What I here is the first week (3-5) december 2007. That's gotta be it.

Rapier Racer
31st October 2007, 10:07 PM
Where did you get this information?

hydroxious
31st October 2007, 10:34 PM
from Sony's North American site:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP/Games/WipeOut_Pulse

Dr. Angryman
31st October 2007, 10:46 PM
I still believe it's a December release, despite the evidence on the site. The latest interveiws show that it is December.

Frances_Penfold
31st October 2007, 11:41 PM
^^
Really? I take word from the Sony's website over most other sources :(

But the link is for North America-- and seeing as we have heard far less about Pulse in the U.S. and Canadian media, it seems entirely possible that PAL is getting the game before NA and JPN.

Task
1st November 2007, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NA release was for Feb.
UK first, us last. The price we pay for the less-than-stellar sales WO has had over here.

This is the most interesting part I noticed:
Max. AdHoc players: 2-8
Max. Infrastructure players: 2-5

Looks like they saw the same connectivity problems that the Kai players have seen!
8 via AdHoc though, that would be nice. The 2-5 on the Infrastructure option makes me think they might be serious about getting up to 8 via AdHoc this time though. 8 )

Lance
1st November 2007, 01:40 AM
There's already a thread for this elsewhere

infoxicated
1st November 2007, 09:12 AM
Not specifically for Northern America.

Frances_Penfold
1st November 2007, 01:51 PM
I'll go ahead and continue the discussion (mostly) about the North American release but I'll understand if this thread gets locked :)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NA release was for Feb.
UK first, us last. The price we pay for the less-than-stellar sales WO has had over here.

That's something that I have wondered about-- what were the relative sales of Pure in JPN vs. North America vs. PAL?

This is the most interesting part I noticed:
Max. AdHoc players: 2-8
Max. Infrastructure players: 2-5

Looks like they saw the same connectivity problems that the Kai players have seen!

Good find, there. I'm all for limiting the number of participants per race if it improves the experience for individual participants.

Spaceboy Gajo
7th November 2007, 05:01 PM
The price we pay for the less-than-stellar sales WO has had over here.

That's unfortunate, but it's true. Although I found the North American media praised Pure and thought it'd be simultaneously released.

However, it's good news in a way for my wallet :D Not much shopping done in February.

After playing the European exclusive Omega track on Jay's PSP I'd love that we could get something similar for our wait. I know it's unlikely, but they did add NegCon support for Fusion ;)

Asayyeah
8th November 2007, 05:01 PM
they did add NegCon support for Fusion ;)
Sorry Gajo i am confused, i don't understand that :?

Sausehuhn
8th November 2007, 07:47 PM
long wait for pulse = get extra pack similar to the omega pack (that is what Gajo wants)
long wait for Fusion = got NegCon support.

Seems like SL is adding extras for long waits. That was the joke about* ;)

*which I liked btw :dizzy

infoxicated
9th November 2007, 08:22 AM
PAL WipEout Fusion had NegCon support - the NTSC version just had additional options for the NegCon button layout, because Al sent us a video in which he managed to activate the music select menu by accident at some ridiculous speed in Zone mode.

Asayyeah
9th November 2007, 12:32 PM
Thx for precision Rob :beer

:robot :mr-t:robotThinking of those 2 broken neggies who died after i opened them years ago trying to avoid that shitty music selection bug when playing zone mode.

Anyway i am happy to know it now and will probably make those crappy first 30% to unlock zone mode fusion ntsc and create my own layout button. ( Thx Al for great contribution ! )

Spaceboy Gajo
9th November 2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry that I didn't explain it more clearly Arnaud. However Sausehuhn did a great job explaining it better for me :) Thanks!

Foxy, thanks for clearing up the NegCon supprt for Fusion. I heard that it was a NTSC only thing. I guess what the source failed to mention was the whole mapping thing.

Still makes me feel a little less special. Goes to show that PAL is no friend of mine :D

Medusa
13th November 2007, 11:21 PM
(Regarding the "less-than-stellar sales" of Pure: If the N.American Pure had received all the download packs the EU Pure had, I wouldn't have imported. And so now I end up importing an EU Pulse because it is released sooner. What a vicious circle this is.)

JABBERJAW
13th November 2007, 11:34 PM
What was pretty cool(arnaud) is that the studio put in my button layout even in the pal version. I was pretty psyched by this. As far as the music selection, if you pushed left or right(I forget) on the dpad, the game paused and the music menu came up resulting in a dohhh! or something else. Arnaud, do you remember the max zone you can get to before braking stops your ship cold(meaning you beat zone mode)

Spaceboy Gajo
14th November 2007, 05:47 AM
As much as I love the Wipeout franchise, I'll wait until the game becomes widely available in North America. My rule of thumb is if it isn't released in North America then there's no reason I should be getting it. No matter how much they try to sweeten the pot. As I said in an earlier post, my wallet will thank me for it and maybe SCEA will too at the same time.

Although, it is great to see die hard fans like you Medusa importing for the love of the game. You'll be smoking us all in infrastructure by the time we get it. :(

Chill
15th November 2007, 12:39 AM
I'm waiting for U.S. version as well... I can always fall back on previous wipeouts no prob...

G'Kyl
15th November 2007, 12:54 PM
You couldn't if you knew the grace of Pulse. :)

Chill
16th November 2007, 12:11 AM
Well, from what I know of it, I still can fall back on the previous very easily G'Kyl...

G'Kyl
16th November 2007, 05:33 AM
Exactely my thoughts when I started playing a couple of weeks ago. And I do by no means think badly about any previous installation! Well, there was Fusion... ;) Anyway, it's just that Pulse does WipEout so right in almost every aspect... I find it more addictive than Pulse. I'll have to allow the thrills to sink in, but it could very well replace 2097 as my favourite. And no, I don't work for Sony, ;)

Ben

Chill
17th November 2007, 05:06 AM
You mean Pulse is more addictive than Pure?

Yeah, well, I won't know all that until I play it, so I won't play it until I own it in my very own hands bud!!! ;)

stin
17th November 2007, 06:37 AM
Chill, trust me, it`s really good!, that`s why I already ordered Pulse last week.

stevie:nod

Dr. Angryman
17th November 2007, 04:17 PM
Well that's good news. If it's even more addictive than Pure then I can't wait! :hyper

Chill
17th November 2007, 06:59 PM
Oh, I trust you, but thankfully I have used the drug yet, so I don't haven't the addiction. It's easier to wait that way...

Rapier Racer
18th November 2007, 02:06 PM
Tell me about it :bomb:bomb lol

Not to worry Kane & Lynch is out this coming Friday it shall keep my mind off Pulse until the time comes.

G'Kyl
18th November 2007, 07:08 PM
If only it were just Kane & Lynch... There's SO many games stacked up at the side of my playing seat... :| Fortunately, I at least finished Pursuit Force 2. Great fun, too. Now, there's Mass Effect, The Witcher and a bunch of PS2 rpgs I haven't fully played yet. Holiday season is a tough one for gamers!! ;-)

Ben

Rapier Racer
18th November 2007, 07:42 PM
Not a problem for me due to my erm, less than perfect financial management I can only buy one game this month and its Kane & Lynch, next month I want Call of Duty, maybe Assassins Creed, Haze and of course most importantly Pulse.

Chill
18th November 2007, 11:29 PM
Assassin's Creed looks pretty badass... I would buy that if I had a good enough system...

MarcoM
19th November 2007, 06:37 AM
I bought and returned Assasin's Creed. Way too many hangups on the PS3.

It's rushed. Be warned!

Chill
21st November 2007, 05:46 AM
Really?!?! Damn. Well, I watched a friend of mine play it on the 360, and it looked fine on "that" system...

Lance
21st November 2007, 12:58 PM
If I recall correctly, this is a WipEout Pulse thread

aeowap
4th December 2007, 06:56 PM
Ouch. All the way in February. Well, at leats I won't have it playing the evil temptress to my poor, innocent, and underfed wallet for a while, lol. But I will have money February. Yeeeeeessss...
You know, it's odd timing. The other day, I started playing Pure again for the first time in a year and I got to wondering, "I wonder if they'll ever make a sequel..." And here we are, eagerly waiting the February release date. Well, I am. The rest of you lucky sods get to play in just a few days. -_- Hope we get extras. ^_^

BARTgai
4th December 2007, 10:27 PM
yes, it is very unfortunate that the US release is in Feb.

i dont think i could wait that long, and shall import it :D
one question though, does game.co.uk ship to the US? if not, can anybody help me to find a place that will?

Frances_Penfold
4th December 2007, 11:20 PM
^^
For what it's worth, I am importing to the U.S. from Australia:

http://www.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=36442

I used the same company to purchase a PAL version of Wipeout Pure a while back, and found them to be prompt... though I can't say for sure if they have offer the lowest price or best exchange rate or whatever ;)

BARTgai
4th December 2007, 11:25 PM
hmm, very nice find there, the only thing i worry about is an imported format not having an english option, will the PAL version here have an english option?

im sorry if i sound stupid, i just want to make sure of everything before i import a game overseas lol

EDIT: Wait, are Europe and PAL versions like the same? I dont quite understand...

q_dmc12
5th December 2007, 02:11 AM
difference between NTSC and PAL is the framerate, NTSC is 29.98(30) fps and PAL is 25 fps PAL is used by Europe and several Asian nations I believe. England is in Europe *hint-hint* english *hint-hint* so yes, PAL will have an english option. :)

BARTgai
5th December 2007, 02:21 AM
thanks for clearing that up, i shall order it then :p

(why the difference in frame rate?)

Lion
5th December 2007, 04:27 AM
for previous PSP games pal/ntsc has been used only to describe the regions of release. nothing to do with the framerates etc.
it might be a concern now thanks to the PSP slim's tv output?
I'd be surprised if that was the case, however. I suspect it's just SCEA doing it's own thing again.

Hacker X
5th December 2007, 04:36 AM
Dissappointing that the release for US was delayed that far when the game was originally announced as a September release. No worries though. Thanks for that DVDcrave link guys. I just ordered one from there. Should be here just in time, if not a little after Christmas. Good stuff.

Frances_Penfold
5th December 2007, 05:04 AM
Oh hi there, Lord_Khan, good to see you ;)

Bart-Gai, my understanding is that PAL / North America (NTSC) framerate distinction relates ONLY to home console games played on analog TVs-- reflecting the traditional difference in TV types used in the two regions.

On the PSP, my understanding is that there is no framerate difference between PAL and North American games. Also-- there is no region locking on the PSP, so your U.S. PSP can boot and play a UMD produced for JPN or PAL with no problems. And as dmc points out, English is always a language option for PAL games, so you can import without fear ;)

The issue about the TV-out is an interesting one. But the PSP only supports 480p (progressive scan) for playing games on a TV or monitor, and because this is a digital signal, I *think* that it's a moot point. Perhaps this is why Sony opted for support of 480p over an interlaced signal for the line-out on the PSP slim. In any case, I regularly play my PAL version of Wipeout Pure on my 20" 480p LCD TV with the line-out and can confirm that it works perfectly :)

stin
5th December 2007, 07:18 AM
The difference between frames rates is for TV, not PSP!, PSP does not interfere in any UMDs and they are all the same frame rates.

In USA has 110 volts and Europes has 220-240 volts, so I have NTSC playstation1 console with a step down adapter (to protect my precious console to prevent blow up;))

PSP, we can play any game if we wish but not for movies, why?, region locked!

Hope that clears you up?

stevie:)

Hacker X
5th December 2007, 01:10 PM
Oh hi there, Lord_Khan, good to see you ;)

Hey whats up man. Good to see fellow IGN'ers here. We'll definately have to play some online Pulse soon!

Frances_Penfold
5th December 2007, 04:05 PM
^^
Indeed!

I'll be curious to see what sort of lobby system Wipeout Pulse will implement-- it'd be cool to be able to see (and recognize) the people with whom you are going to race :)

Spaceboy Gajo
7th December 2007, 04:56 AM
The game has been dated for the US according to the PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/28/wipeout-pulse-update/comment-page-2/#comments) (Comment #62). Mark your calendars for February 12th, 2008. Thanks to Jack for pointing out the blog in another post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73714&postcount=422).

Also mentioned in the piece was a worldwide site. Here's hoping for a Canadian flag ;)

JABBERJAW
10th December 2007, 05:16 PM
I just ordered from australia, hope the date is right for release

Frances_Penfold
10th December 2007, 05:22 PM
^^
Me too :)

My pre-order went in about 7-10 days ago but I don't think my credit card has been charged yet-- and won't be until it ships.

Here's hoping it is in fact shipped by Friday or so...

Sausehuhn
10th December 2007, 05:29 PM
Did anybody ask yet, what the reason is for the late release? I mean c'mon, two months for what?

Rapier Racer
10th December 2007, 06:10 PM
I think the answer is SCEA being em, well, *insert obscenities*

Chill
16th January 2008, 03:35 AM
Aaaaahhhh..... about one more month left... :D

Au_Xtr3me
16th January 2008, 06:04 AM
The problem with that (for PAL users) is that the downloadable content will also (probably) come out on the US release :blarg

Chill
3rd February 2008, 06:48 AM
Yup... Feb 12... ten more days!!!! Can't waaaiiittt!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Animagic
3rd February 2008, 10:27 PM
nine days!!!

Vincent_VII
4th February 2008, 03:28 AM
Maybe we will get 333mhz for waiting. Of course it would only be fair for EU and AU users to get the same via online patch. :coffee

Mobius
4th February 2008, 06:24 PM
Hmm, without sounding too stroppy, I didnt see the US or Japan having to wait when the last game was held back in the UK, but then again we ended up with the Omega pack, oh well, not long now :)

infoxicated
4th February 2008, 07:50 PM
The last game was waiting on the launch of the platform for it to run on. We could have launched it no problem, but it might not have sold very well with no consoles in the shops to play it on! ;)

Animagic
6th February 2008, 04:46 AM
6 days!!!

Vincent_VII
9th February 2008, 03:05 AM
^^^^ Shhhhh. Don't remind me. I still haven't come up with the funds to buy it. Hmmm... maybe the missus will give me a WipEout-y Valentines Day.

...I mean I plan on buying her Burnout Dominator... It would only make sense for her to return the favor. Right? Right??? :eek

Chill
9th February 2008, 04:27 AM
Lol... sadly, I won't be able to get mine until like 9 days after release, cause I accidently chose 7-9 business day free shipping... damn... I could be another one, but I don't wanna waist another 30 bucks just to have it a week ealier.. 4 more days!!! :p

EDIT: Oh well... guess I have a week to warm up for it on earlier Wipeouts... :D

Animagic
9th February 2008, 05:59 AM
3 days!!!!

online competition is about to get infused with North America pilots!

ayeonich
9th February 2008, 10:00 AM
I have been putting off buying some other things that I have got held for me in the back of my store (Turok, Devil May Cry 4 and some Red Dwarf DVDs to name a few off the top of my head) because I want to make sure I have got enough money to pick up pulse.

Normally I wouldn't have this problem but it might get a little tight with only getting two or so days of work a week, having started another semester of school. On top of that having pay for more gas, food and the ridiculous prices of textbooks. And I had forgot about Valentines day until Vincent up there just reminded me (Another thing to throw money at.)

Animagic
12th February 2008, 03:41 AM
today is Wipeout Pulse day in N.A.
I cant wait to finally play it!

ayeonich
12th February 2008, 05:42 AM
today is Wipeout Pulse day in N.A.
I cant wait to finally play it!

isn't it tomorrow (the twelfth)?