PDA

View Full Version : Saving progress on WO3 SE

float
2nd October 2007, 10:00 PM
Hi guys, this is my first post! I'm playing WipEout 3 special edition on a borrowed ps2, but cannot save it on to the memory card. I bought this game, when it was released years ago, and it saved with no problems on a playstation 1. I am therefore presuming it is possibly incompatible with the ps2 memory card or the slimline ps2 may be faulty, although it saves wipeout fusion and other ps2 games, and maybe I have to purchase an original playstation 1 memory card?? When I enter the load/save option it doesn't detect the memory card. Your help is required and appreciated

BulletWraith
2nd October 2007, 10:50 PM
hey Float, yeh you need a PS1 memory card to save your game, I still haven't gotten around to buying one yet, it's a real pain in the butt

'float' is a cool name for a wo Pilot

Churr
-Stevie

float
2nd October 2007, 11:02 PM
Many thanx zer0shen! May I race you over the 0shen!
Thanx for the info! I'll get one of ebay tomorrow!
FLOAT

Asayyeah
3rd October 2007, 01:41 PM
Make sure it's an original playstation memory card , other brands can't work

float
3rd October 2007, 08:25 PM
Asayyeah, thanks for that! Unfortunately before I got your reply, I had asked the same friend who loaned me the slimline ps2, to loan me a ps1 memory card, Its a third party produced one and just tested it and its worked. Maybe this is premature, but I'll test it again in 24 hours to see if its still stable. I'll post tommorow to let you know! But I searched earlier on ebay and its just as cheap to buy an official ps1 memory card than a third party manafacturers, so to anyone else with the same problem, Its probably safest in the long term to get the original!
FLOAT

BulletWraith
3rd October 2007, 10:52 PM
thanks for the heads up Asayyeah, I just ordered a sony one w00t!

thats cool Float you got the Ocean thing, I loves the Ocean

Churr
-Stevie

adelheid
4th October 2007, 02:27 PM
Make sure it's an original playstation memory card , other brands can't work

My third party memory card works fine :S

Asayyeah
4th October 2007, 04:20 PM
maybe is it due to my ntsc ps2 using my old Pal memory cards ps1, i tested with 5 differents models before hopefully got one working which was my unique playstation one branded.

Task
5th October 2007, 03:52 AM
It really depends a lot on the memory card.
It seems you can always trust a Sony card, I've never seen one fail, but any 3rd party card is a bit of a gamble. Sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes they don't work at all. Sometimes they seem to work, but only half the blocks are there, and some games won't deal with them.
You never know till you plug it in and try to use it.

BulletWraith
5th October 2007, 09:41 AM
yeh 3rd party cards can be dodgy, 2 madcats cards failed me after I'd almost completed Turok2 and Shadowman I was so pissed
but yeh I think cards have improvedv a bit since the 32/64 bit area

so you all on the tables soon

-zer0shen

Lance
5th October 2007, 05:29 PM
I have two MadCatz cards that I've had for 7 years, since I first bought a used PSX and got into gaming; they've never failed me yet. I'm hoping they never will.

BulletWraith
5th October 2007, 08:25 PM
they were both for the N64, so PSX owners should be okay I just felt awful clocking in so many hours to have it all lost
I opened one of them up after it crashed and oddly enough their was a sony chip inside haha I was a Nintendo fanboy at the time so I blammed Sony for my woesbv

Roger
11th October 2007, 12:58 PM
I've only had a memory card fail me once (if the card was to blame, that is) : I had achieved 96% on Test Drive Unlimited (including three goes at the 166 km "Coastal dream" challenge :dizzy) when the save file promptly decided to go south.

The card (still use it) is a 16MB Datel Max Memory.