PDA

View Full Version : The favorite underdogs

Hyper Shadow
11th February 2002, 10:23 AM
Now I know everyone has a favorite team in Fusion that you just have to play as (mine is EG-r), but that is not the subject of the post.

I take it that now we have all revelled in the joy of Fusion, we have all gained our own veiws on the teams. But, I want to know, which team do you want to love but just can't.

In my case it has to be G-tech, must be something about the old AG-5y5tems, I want to love that team, but there is no way that it could handle the later stages of the game and get decent times (what with the Piranha and all) add to that the fact that its fully upgraded model looks like Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang!?

PS Naomi Turner is hotter than Pascale Rouser

As Heaven Is Wide
11th February 2002, 01:36 PM
I wish i could like the van uber craft cos it has a great lightning effect when u use the super weapon (all super weapons should do something like that especially the orbital laser). but the weapon power and sheild power just isnt enough.

infoxicated
11th February 2002, 02:37 PM
Yeah - agreed, it's like the Assegai of Wipeout Fusion. The handling is great, but the puny shield just make it too annoying to live with.

It does make it more of a challenge, trying to keep out of bother though! :smile:

Lance
11th February 2002, 06:08 PM
even though i've not played fusion, my all-time favourite underdog is still in it. Feisar. i've always loved the way it looks, but hated how slow it is. btw, imo, the 2097/XL version is the best looking Feisar.

BurnHead
11th February 2002, 06:28 PM
Definitely van Uber... I really tried to love it (cause it's a german team... :grin:) but the poor shield just sucks...
*sigh* so my favourite team is Xios, followed by EG.r!

BenjaminSoulé
11th February 2002, 10:16 PM
My favorite team is EG.R too.
I think we can all play our team in a fair challenge if we upgrade and downgrade the ship to make them equal.
I wrote a post in Arena forum about it, but it doesn't seem very popular :smile:).

What is wrong with this idea ?

BurnHead
12th February 2002, 08:56 AM
I think nothing is wrong with it... you just have to wait a bit. Some peoples here don't even have the game yet (the US and Canadian people for example :sad:), and some only have it for a few days.
Just wait one or two weeks, maybe more people want to participate then :wink:

Zebula77
12th February 2002, 11:56 AM
Van-Uber has possibly the coolest design, what with those two ear pokers sticking out the front. But it's hardly worth it 'cause of the shield. You'll end up eliminated after two laps.

infoxicated
12th February 2002, 12:18 PM
I quite like the VU, actually - if you can stay out of trouble the handling and speed make for an excellent race on the more open courses.

Last night I played several games at Vohl Square 3 forward with Roberto Sergio's fully upgraded G-Tech and, although I never finished higher than third, it was a lot of fun. I think I was trying to get gold in the elimination challenge and I managed it eventually. By that time I knew the course quite well and decided to do a load of races there. I now have a new-found appreciation of that course, as I hated it beforehand.

Sometimes taking one of the lesser ships makes it a bit more exciting - just by knowing that if you end up in the top three it's by virtue of your racing ability and not just top end speed.

Works for me, anyway! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: infoxicated on 2002-02-12 13:18 ]</font>

Hyper Shadow
12th February 2002, 01:08 PM
In Fusion I don't regard teh FEISAR as an underdog, I'm sorry, but it is just too damn good.

I managed to score over 100 points in a seven race custom league with the FEISAR, I have never manged that with any other ship in the game (yet).

infoxicated
12th February 2002, 01:23 PM
Really?

That's good.

Which versions of Florion and Mandrashee did you race on! :wink:

Confusion
20th February 2002, 01:31 PM
I love EGr. I just love the way the ship looks and it's unique drifty handling around corners, though I still use the Piranha for getting best times etc. I also like EGr since they're one of only two oriental teams in the game (I'm Cambodian by the way) and G-Tech's philosophy sucks so I simply cannot stand them.

The weird thing is... in 2097 when you unlocked the Pirhana (thats how it was spelt in that game), they mentioned that it was from China. Yet in Wipeout 3 they're from Brazil? Whats going on?!

----------------------
Imagin pulling a Heelflip 50-50 whilst going at Wipeout Speeds...

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 01:41 PM
I think there was a mistake somewhere that led to that one - much like the name change.

Hey, I cant pull a heelflip at regular speeds, let alone land a 50-50 after the event, so consider yourself lucky!

Confusion
20th February 2002, 01:47 PM
I think it would have been better if they kept it in China... I mean it has the colours of the Chinese flag right?

And as for Skateboarding... I rolled my ankle a couple days ago trying a drop. Feeling better now... might just be able to keep away from Fusion long enough to skate! :grin:

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 02:16 PM
Since I'm ill and it has entered Liverpool's rainy season, I wont be on the board for a while. I've been skating round the flat on my as yet untouched LibTech board, though - the only place that has been used before was Long Beach LA! :smile:

Just before I left London I got some Abec 5 Bones' for my regular board, but I haven't put them in yet... might do a bit of swapping so that the 5's are in the LibTech and the 3's from that go in my thrashing board. That should keep me busy until I get out again... well, that and 'Fusion.

What the heck was this topic about again?

Confusion
20th February 2002, 03:08 PM
This topic was about teams that you want to like but cant for some reason.

As for the skateboarding... well I aint tried a Libtec board as of yet... been quite happy with my Blueprint and AWS.

Bones Bearings are simply the best. Cheap and they last. The rain up north is quite bad. I used to live up in Manchester and I couldn't stand waiting for the rain to clear up.

And what was sir doing in Long Beach? There are some great Cambodian Restaurents in Long Beach... :smile:

PS Drifting off topic again!

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 03:46 PM
I was on holiday in LA last year, to go to E3! I bought the LibTech board from a cool skateshop I found, and I'd read an article on how they make the boards.

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 01:29 PM
Really?

That's good.

Which versions of Florion and Mandrashee did you race on! :wink:

They were all course 1 forward (each circuit) cos I wanted to try and get to grips with some of the circuits.
By the way, my highest points total (doing the same league) is now 106 points using a fully upgraded Tigron (Sveta's) :wink: