PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim & Lite - you got it?

Sausehuhn
20th September 2007, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone,

Bought a PSP Slim & Lite yesterday and I have to say I'm really glad I sold my old PSP and got a new black slim one. It's so much lighter :)
Hope I can get the component cable within the next week so I can finally enjoy Pure - and in November Pulse - on my TV or even on my 19" LCD.
Really nice device, really. The original PSP is still nothing bad now, I'm just thinking that the new PSP has a few small details that make it worth to buy it :)
As Rob already said: it should have been like this from the start up.

Who else already got a new PSP or is planning to do so?
What are your impressions?

Hellfire_WZ
20th September 2007, 08:13 PM
Just blown £400 on a PS3 so I think I'll be waiting a while for a new PSP :) Will probably get one eventually though, I like the idea of the TV link up.

Psyked
20th September 2007, 10:49 PM
Got me a slim & lite too and also very pleased :) Bought really for the a\v out so I can hook it up to my projector.

However, I do wish they'd moved the power sliderto the top like the wi-fi one, and produced a matt black model (fed up of finger prints) but happy otherwise. Definitely notice the lighter weight and the thinner profile.

Chill
21st September 2007, 04:15 AM
I don't buy systems until at the very least 9 months after the system has been released, so that I encounter less problems than most people. That's why the newest systems I have at the moment are an original PSP and the slim PS2, and one of the slims even gave out reading disks, so I had to buy a second one!!!! I even have three original PSones... ;) So that's my reasoning on everything... :D games however, especially Wipeouts, remain different!!

Asayyeah
25th September 2007, 03:55 PM
Got one , 10 days ago, this is truly a fantastic device : still no cable to link up it to my lcd :(

Sausehuhn
25th September 2007, 06:48 PM
Got the cable these days... but well... no component-In... so it's useless for me atm. I'll keep it, though, cause in future I'm sure I'll find a device that has component support so I can finally play my PSP on bigscreen.

Medusa
25th September 2007, 08:12 PM
I believe I will get one of these eventually...I look at my cheap new chinese made tv, not only does it display PAL and NTSC, but also supports component input (480p). I'm assuming the games will display in 480p and don't require any higher resolution...?

zargz
25th September 2007, 08:51 PM
talk about a lucky 'cheap new chinese made tv'!!! haha
Good for you, kit! :D:+

infoxicated
25th September 2007, 09:01 PM
Got the cable on Sunday :)

It's pretty cool - watched The Matrix last night on the slightly dodgy telly in the holiday villa and it was pretty good. :D

LilMaggot
26th September 2007, 11:41 AM
I picked up one the 14th, day they came out here in the UK. At first I thought I had just wasted £130, but now I love my slim PSP and could never go back to the old style. I've only really played Monster Hunter Freedom 2 on it, but the extra RAM is great at reducing the loading times.

Asayyeah
1st October 2007, 05:14 PM
Got the component cable...finally... result is awesome when playing Pure on my 32' samsung : of course i haven't it full screen but this is a diagonale of 21.6 inches displayed on my screen ( 55 cm ) ! Never expected that wide since i ve read few bad comments about it last month.
There's absolutely no delay (lag) when playing, either no visible video compression or loss of video quality : this is purely brilliant.

Can't wait to find a solution about my recording issue i got with dvd recorder.

Sausehuhn
6th October 2007, 03:02 PM
As already said I got the cable a few days/weeks ago. Yesterday I bought a component/VGA cable (just 25€!) to play with my 19" TFT. And yes, I got it working, I was also able to play. The problem: the whole screen was so damn greenish.
Not an hour ago I went to the store and got my money back.

Conclusion: One of the cables was defect (and if it was the component/VGA cable I have a problem to try it again, cause I bought it in Cologne) or the thing simply does not work. All I have now are three Cinch-Adapters for 5,98€.
Cool stuff that is -.-

Max A K Challie
23rd October 2007, 12:57 AM
I don't buy systems until at the very least 9 months after the system has been released, so that I encounter less problems than most people. That's why the newest systems I have at the moment are an original PSP and the slim PS2, and one of the slims even gave out reading disks, so I had to buy a second one!!!! I even have three original PSones... ;) So that's my reasoning on everything... :D games however, especially Wipeouts, remain different!!

This.

I don't know how many times I've explained it. Pretty much any piece of technology that is released is still in some testing stage. Usually a late one, but a testing stage nonetheless. Electrical car windows will malfunction, games like Liberty City Stories & San Andreas have glitches that are fixed in later releases. The Slimline PS2 is riddled with technical issues and still labeled 'better' than the fat one, I don't know why.

My personal take on the new PSP is not overly positive; I really don't like the look of those rounded edges, I think they make it look ugly when the original fit perfectly in my hands. Plus, they still haven't dealt with the glossy thing which I'm now sick of, but I could fix that with a skin, which is what I plan to do with the PS3 when I get that. Although I do like the look of the new analog nub on the Slim & Lite, it looks like the ones on those later editions of the originals, which looked like they would allow a lot more movement, and less sensitivity. This, to me, is really appealing. I regret buying a PSP two days after release, but it doesn't bother me too much.