PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted with Pure (French okay)

Silent
30th August 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi, I don't know if it's the good topic for ask my questions, but i don't understand 9/10 topic titles -_-"

I have a question for some races, where do you use your turbo ?
On these races, although I do 3/4/5 perfect turns, I can't be on the top 5, so I think it's probably because of my turbo.

First, in Sinucit. I like this race and I do some good turns on it with no errors, but I'm never on the firsts place in lap time. I use my turbo at the end of the lap, when there is a jump just before the line, for have a turbo when i come back to the floor at the beginning of the next turn.

Next, in Chenghou Project. I use my tubo when I am near the end of the lap, on the big jump. I use it and come back on the floor just at the entry of the tunnel (I don't know the name), for have a turbo and finish the lap.

In sebenco climb, I use it on the big straight line at the middle of the lap(although there is some boost), when it's in Phantom or Rapier, and when it's in slower categories, I use it just at the end of the lap, for gain some speed after the little jump because there is a very short cut turn.

thank you for your suggestions :)

Flashback Jack
30th August 2007, 07:39 PM
Mods, split from Silent's question onward when or if you see fit.

First, about the records here. Almost always will you see the Triakis dominating the top spots. There's a reason for this, but it's a rather longish story. Just know that you should use the Triakis if you expect to glimpse the top spots.

Next, my rule of thumb when using boosts is to use them where your ship slows down most, if possible. For instance, on Exostra, one would assume the best place to use it is at the end of the lap. Not entirely. Use it between the first two tunnels where your momentum is cut drastically coming out of the bend, and where you can carry momentum into the corkscrew that follows. The highest average speed per lap are the runs that enter the books.

Another example. On Citta di Nuova, the slowest part of the track is the final chicane before the start/finish line. One is able to boost clean over it with a well placed turbo jump, saving roughly two seconds. You get the idea. Analyze each turn of a track to best determine where to use the turbo; avoid using them on dead straightaways if you can help it, since the speed increase from a boost would better be served where your ship's speed is more compromised.

Finally, practice. Hard. Unless you're gifted, count on running at least one thousand laps on a track (I've done at least 10,000 laps on Exostra) before you begin to hit the top three on each table. That's how insane the skill is around here.

Lastly, don't neglect personal hygene. Sleep and eat every now and then too. :)

- F

Silent
30th August 2007, 07:51 PM
Thank you very much.
For the Triakis, I know it, although my favorite team is Assegai, i only use Triakis for records, you can find me on the table of records (Vincent Gourlay)^^
But you know, I don't play a lot (it takes me between 5 and twenty minutes for beat one of my records, and I'm now on the top 5 in a lot of races).

I think that i'm good in concentration, I have no problem for stay at the same level during two or three intenses minutes, it's why generally I do good race records in a short time :)
But I'm very bad for analysing the race, I don't use very well the turbo and I don't really search the best trajectories on every race, so that's why my lap time are generally not very good^^

Thank you at all.

Any other ideas ?

alterego
31st August 2007, 07:52 AM
Hi Silent, hi all.

Hi, I don't know if it's the good topic for ask my questions, but i don't understand 9/10 topic titles -_-"

I have a question for some races, where do you use your turbo ?
On these races, although I do 3/4/5 perfect turns, I can't be on the top 5, so I think it's probably because of my turbo.

First, in Sinucit. I like this race and I do some good turns on it with no errors, but I'm never on the firsts place in lap time. I use my turbo at the end of the lap, when there is a jump just before the line, for have a turbo when i come back to the floor at the beginning of the next turn.

Next, in Chenghou Project. I use my tubo when I am near the end of the lap, on the big jump. I use it and come back on the floor just at the entry of the tunnel (I don't know the name), for have a turbo and finish the lap.

In sebenco climb, I use it on the big straight line at the middle of the lap(although there is some boost), when it's in Phantom or Rapier, and when it's in slower categories, I use it just at the end of the lap, for gain some speed after the little jump because there is a very short cut turn.

thank you for your suggestions :)

I've two suggestion for Chenghou and Sebenco

Chenghou: use the Turbo after the airpin left bend after the start and br in the air....;)

Sebenco: Use the turbo in the middle of the tunnel when you see the light of the exit and br in the air.....;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

Asayyeah
31st August 2007, 05:40 PM
I agree with both Flashback & Alter tips , that is what i am using ( ermm not the 10000 laps tho :p)

I add one for Sinuccit : get the left / left route when there s a split.
I also get my turbo on the last part of the track but try to make it before you jump : perfect will be into the 'S'.
Nose down your ship on a straight line section gives you extra kph. Sideshift ( déplacement latéral) when entering a curve to get out from it faster , if possible do the sideshift on a boostpad.

Silent
4th September 2007, 09:37 AM
Hey, thank tou everybody for your help on these tracks, I'm now as you can seen it on the top 5 on Sinucit and Sebenco climb (two 2nd places^^).

Assayeah, I always took the right way in Sinucit, I coulded wait a long time for do a good time xD

Alterego, I'm sorry but I do better lap times when I use the turbo at the end of the lap in the big jump than at the beginning of the lap, on the short left turn... :(

Thank you everyone, I will be soon on the top5 of all the tracks (without the packs ;) )

And Assayeah, I haven't understood what do you mean when you say "nosedown your ship on straight lines". Can you say it in French =)

Flashback Jack
4th September 2007, 06:15 PM
Angulez le nez de la aéroglisseur vers le bas pour allez plus rapidment.

(Google Translate)

- F

Silent
5th September 2007, 08:51 AM
Thank You Jack, but I haven't understand at all, google translate are horrible x D

I would understand how do you do that (I mean on what buttons you push for "nosedown your ship on straight lines") ?

alterego
5th September 2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Silent, hi all.

Thank You Jack, but I haven't understand at all, google translate are horrible x D

I would understand how do you do that (I mean on what buttons you push for "nosedown your ship on straight lines") ?

D-pad has 4 button:

< left
> right
:+ down ship nose
:- up ship nose

Read you soon
CdRom

Silent
5th September 2007, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah I see, but I play with the analogic and I can't use it (it is disturbing for the turns)^^

Silent
9th September 2007, 11:02 AM
Sayaaaaa !

Afeter one hour of hard work, my first 1st place !!

Vineta K, TT, Flash, Race Time :

1) 0.27.40
2) 0.26.56
3) 0.26.94
4) 0.26.88

Total : 1.47.78

Finely, the perfect race! I've just to do the same in the others classes, and soon I will be one of the bests in Vineta !

Ps : Thanks to Assayyeah for teach me that there is some BR on vineta, before I had the 4th time without any BR x DD

Mad-Ice
9th September 2007, 01:11 PM
Tres bon!!!

Really nice! Congratulations with this one.

Silent
9th September 2007, 05:30 PM
Thank you very much, Mad-Ice !

Another first place, another Vineta TT race time, but in Venom :

1.29.04 !

Silent
9th September 2007, 08:01 PM
Sayaa, 1st place in rapier too !

1.33.19 !

Asayyeah
11th September 2007, 11:56 PM
Good work on Vineta Vincent :+

This game is very addictive !

Mad-Ice
12th September 2007, 07:41 AM
Didn't I say before that I had the feeling that it wouldn't be at all Silent into the records table!?

Flashback Jack
12th September 2007, 12:36 PM
Oh my.

- F

Asayyeah
12th September 2007, 02:59 PM
1.46.16 in phantom : Geez! already in top 5 :cowboy

Silent
12th September 2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you all, Assayeah, 1.46.16 although I have done a few mistakes (perhaps 6 or 7 in all the track), so I think I can be in 1.44 before the end of the month =)

At the moment, I just train on Vineta, and I won't stop before be on 1.44 in Phantom^^
After, I think that I will do the same on all the other tracks...

Lion
13th September 2007, 07:48 AM
looks like we might finally have located another person with reactions quick enough that they would survive being a wipeout pilot for real

rdmx
13th September 2007, 08:56 AM
Jesus, there IS something in the water in France.

stin
13th September 2007, 09:21 AM
Really?!!!, I didn`t know they cried that much after France lost to Scotland on Football last night!:g

(sorry for that but I could not resist it)

on Subject, are you able to tackle Vineta K on Phantom Class?

stevie:)

Silent
13th September 2007, 11:10 AM
Jesus, there IS something in the water in France.

I just drink "Evian," if you want to know x D

looks like we might finally have located another person with reactions quick enough that they would survive being a wipeout pilot for real

Why not ? I'm still young, perhaps at the end of my life I could see the firsts Wipeout style tracks^^

on Subject, are you able to tackle Vineta K on Phantom Class?

As I said before, I'm now in 1.46.16 in Phantom (4th place), I think at my best I can be in 1.44 but do better than the 1.43 of Assayeah, I think this will be very hard (Perhaps at the rate of one tenth a year, I could be first before him in age^^).

PS : Scottich are apparently very lucky against France, that jerks... next time, we will kick their asses !

rdmx
13th September 2007, 12:43 PM
So that's the secret!:hyper
Evian tastes a little weird :S

Lance
13th September 2007, 10:14 PM
No. Evian tastes good!
Volvic tastes wierd, but that's because it has so few dissolved solids that it's actually too pure to taste good.

Lion
14th September 2007, 11:22 AM
veering further off topic, I find the redbull branded water (lalune, or similar?) to be the weirdest tasting bottled water. has a nasty bitter aftertaste.

Asayyeah
14th September 2007, 05:13 PM
Ah Stevie , i saw the match , scottish goal was a pure wonder of power but France team at that time was elsewhere in their mind ... thinking about the new Pulse & HD soon released ;)
back on topic : Vincent : i think 1.41.50 could be a possible target if someone really wants to lower my previous score by doing 5 pl and 3 BR each 5 laps. Hat off in this case :banzai

Rapier Racer
16th September 2007, 02:31 PM
I read in a few papers that the French team were not taking Scotland seriously, well they paid for that eh :D

Asayyeah
16th September 2007, 02:51 PM
I always took brave scottish Kai team in high consideration, that's a possible reason i don't share the same fate as our national football team :p

Rapier Racer
16th September 2007, 02:53 PM
And that is unfortunate for us lol

Silent
16th September 2007, 06:01 PM
Pfouu...

I start to wonder if I really can be in 1.44 :)

Asayyeah
16th September 2007, 10:36 PM
Slowly but surely , you ll get there eventually.
there's also : ' practice leads to perfection'
:beer

Silent
19th September 2007, 01:44 PM
Pfou, I get fed up of Vineta !

Today, I have done my job for Modesto Heights (Third place Phantom in one day, surprising Oo), now I'm coming to Chenghou Project :)

Silent
27th September 2007, 05:16 PM
Yop everyone, I want to ask Asa if he can upload his ghost for Vineta K (phantom) ?

I'm actually in 0.19.51, but it's not enough fir me, and I think a ghost in 0.19.20 could be very intersting to play =)

stin
27th September 2007, 05:21 PM
Asa will be back on Monday coming.

stevie;)

Silent
5th October 2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks to Assayeah for the ghost : 19.48 the lap and 1.44.04 the track... Now better than you on the track Mad-Ice =), I wish I could beat Arnaud's record^^

Mad-Ice
8th October 2007, 10:24 AM
Very nice job, congrates :clap you even lowered your 1.44.04. But you know; it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Asayyeah
8th October 2007, 04:51 PM
Who's that fat lady ? :p
A lady is never fat , she just likes too much sweeties ;)