PDA

View Full Version : I felt a disturbance in the Force...

Vasudeva
21st June 2002, 09:08 PM
Hmm, I went checking how I was doing again at the WO3:SE time tables, and it appears that I have been steadily dropping, sometimes from position 2 to 5... Unless my memory is fooling me, dark forces are at work here... fellow pilots 8).

Time to crush some records here again... Hopefully.

V.

Lance
21st June 2002, 09:11 PM
do you have any specific challenge in mind? :)

Vasudeva
21st June 2002, 09:15 PM
A challenge eh? Good idea. But I'll have to think about it carefully. It may last a few days, as my brain is to be demolished tomorrow. Oral exam of German linguistics (I bet that everyone is jealous of me now :D).

But I'll certainly think about it!

Peace,
V.

Lance
21st June 2002, 09:28 PM
don't speak to me about Germans right now; i am waaaaay too upset about the world cup!

um.... nope, no envy here. good luck on the exam

Spaceboy Gajo
22nd June 2002, 08:02 PM
Hey Lance,

You guys got robbed at least to tie the game. That was a hand ball but the ref blew it.

I think there should be instant replay, but that probably slow the game like the other football on this side of the Atlantic.

Although, the States should be very happy the team performed.

Infoxicated picked USA to do pretty good. My dad picked Senegal before the tournament began, and they made it to the quarter finals.

Be proud for the American team.

I think Canada is sticking to hockey :lol:

Lance
23rd June 2002, 04:30 AM
i'm happy with the u.s. teams performance. it wasn't too bad that they didn't get that call, cos there was one that should have been called against them in an earlier game, but wasn't. :D

Vasudeva
23rd June 2002, 09:34 AM
Well, USA (and Belgium, which also had a fully normal goal turned down against Brazil) can't complain compared to Italy and Spain... I think a safe bet would be Germany and Brazil in the final. I hope the Mannschaft pounds the Seleção into the ground, hehe.

Peace,
V.

Lance
23rd June 2002, 07:05 PM
:D
i like how right after you express a desire to see a pounding, you sign off with ''peace''. :)
oh, well, it's not an actual pounding, although i hear the game can get a bit rough in europe. i'm a new fan who hasn't got to see much international football, so i can't tell from my own experience which statements of this kind are true and which aren't.

peace

Vasudeva
24th June 2002, 09:35 AM
Well, one team pounding another into the ground would be an exaggeration of course, but you never know with Germany... In their last group match against Cameroon I believe a total of 17 yellow and 2 red cards was spread among the teams 8).

Peace (...),
V.

Lance
24th June 2002, 11:51 AM
at least it wasn't 17 red and 2 yellow!

how did football ever survive without those cards?

you know, i do believe we have wandered just a tad off topic. :D

Spaceboy Gajo
24th June 2002, 03:18 PM
You're right Lance we've went so off topic this thread should have belonged to Genreal Discussion.

Now that you're a new fan of football, are you going to watch any MLS soccer. I believe they have a team in Miami! Or will it be European football in general?

Lance
24th June 2002, 09:49 PM
well, yeah, but this is the arena and we aRe talking about competition. ;)
and it's nice to have real conversation develop as it does in real life. it's when the beginning of the topic is in the wrong forum that i move them. unless my brain is too wiped out that day to notice things. like that elephant in my livingroom riding a yamaha.

i've already watched a bit of MLS at the end of the season last year, that's how i got interested in world cup. i saw very few teams cos the season was ending, but i kinda liked the LA team. but who knows who i'll favour when i get to see more. i'd like to watch the rest of the world football competition too, but i don't have cable, soooo....