PDA

View Full Version : I made a side-by-side

ixnine
14th August 2007, 04:29 AM
Interesting. I took these shot from my PSP and from the trailer through the PS Store.

Pure (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/nine_fenrir/DSC02160.jpg)
HD (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/nine_fenrir/DSC02161.jpg)

Dr. Angryman
14th August 2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, HD looks so much cooler. 8)

mclarensmps
14th August 2007, 01:35 PM
Nice contrast, it actually makes me appreciate pure that little bit more just to see how good the game looks on the PSP when lacking so much peripheral detail outside the track.

zargz
14th August 2007, 05:55 PM
not the same angle and can't see a ship on HD.
pure still looking fantastic to me! 8)

benjahman
14th August 2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks, nice!
Now the neons on in the tunnel look fantastic, nothing to compare with another WO HD trailer that I saw. Actually, HD could be a big surprise...

Mark Of Insanity
22nd August 2007, 02:35 PM
Ew, Pure looks terrible in that pic. I'm sure Anulpha Pass + AG-Systems looks better than that.

adelheid
23rd August 2007, 12:27 PM
So I will be expected to pay £500 for a PS3, £50 for Wipeout HD, just for the benefit of Soft-Focus?
How about I turn around, fire up my nice new copy of Wip3out SE, and smear vaseline on the TV?

rdmx
23rd August 2007, 01:28 PM
The graphics have been re-done for HD, new textures - and as you say soft-focus or as I call it Anti-Aliasing.

Egg
23rd August 2007, 02:13 PM
Er ... I'd point out that fuzzy screenshot is hardly representative of a 1080p HD game.

Check ComputerandVideoGames.com ... their shots are closer to the target resolution.

Mark Of Insanity
23rd August 2007, 02:27 PM
Anti-Aliasing is one thing that all modern games should have...

swift killer
23rd August 2007, 02:49 PM
How about I turn around, fire up my nice new copy of Wip3out SE, and smear vaseline on the TV?

LOL! tv masturbation?:?:?:?

[stupidity off][back on topic]
The Qirex-RD is looking awesome! Nice change from the classic 'tub of lard', also, in one of the screenshots ive seen, i could've sworn i saw what looked like an all-yellow xios with the 'x' logo.

adelheid
8th September 2007, 12:19 AM
The graphics have been re-done for HD, new textures - and as you say soft-focus or as I call it Anti-Aliasing.

Er ... I'd point out that fuzzy screenshot is hardly representative of a 1080p HD game.

Check ComputerandVideoGames.com ... their shots are closer to the target resolution.

I know, the problem I have with the graphics runs deeper than mere anti-aliasing (If it was only A-A I wouldn't care).
I have noticed a trend in games over the last few years where the obsession with photo-realism has brought us the fuzzy "Me and my eyes have been awake for 48 hours" point of view, complete with coronas around all light sources and blurring effects around everything else.
I can only assume this phenomena has come about due to the ironic fact that in their quest for photo-realism games developers they actually made games noticeably unrealistic.

If it is just a bum screen shot then I apologise for ranting, but I still fear that Wipeout will soon be forced to bow to the might of the blur. Of course if the blur is because of flying at 400 Mph then that's OK :D