PDA

View Full Version : New Strange Challenge....in Pure!

alterego
9th August 2007, 10:46 AM
Hi All.

I don't be new to abnormal type of challenge.....do you remember the 'Giant Tournament'? ;)

Now i see the Feisar Challenge and i think about an extension of this Idea.... :)

This is the new challenge:

All Ships admitted with only exclusion of 'fattie ship'/'brick ship' her majesty Triakis :D

We must count the lap record in every type of game solution (Single Race/Time Trial/Free laps) and on every track of Pure (Euro)

We have 28 track....28 Lap record

good......the question of the Challenge is:

How much lap record under 20 sec on 28 tracks of Pure?

Win the wiper with the higher number of that type of Lap Rec.....:hyper

In case of equality win the wiper with the low time.....obvious ;)

What do you think about?

I go on vacations time and i must return on the end of august.....for this period I control the results and compile a result table.....8)

Read You Soon
CdRom

phl0w
9th August 2007, 11:33 AM
Well, that's a LOT of tracks. To narrow doen the selection a bit I did a little mathematics and came up with this:
I think we can savely assume that Anulpha Pass is the fastest track in Pure. The record is 20"97, track length is 5.1km, which results in an average speed of ~875kph. That's a Triakis of course. First non-Triakis time averages at ~842kph. Now if I take this average velocity and stress the good old s=v*t equation again, considering the lowest possible sub 20 time in Pure is 19.99, then s equals ~4,68km. Long story short stick to those tracks shorter than 4.68 (Make that 4.4km because average speed will more likely be in the regions of 800kph). Makes sense? Hopefully ^^

lunar
9th August 2007, 11:42 AM
Interesting idea 8) Does a sub-20 second lap of Vineta K in both Time Trial and Race, for example, count as two lap records or one?

alterego
9th August 2007, 11:43 AM
Hi All.

No limit in type of game, SR, TT and FL......

I see seven tracks under 20 sec a lap.....with other ships, not Triakis....

Vineta (tnx Lunar ;) ), Exostra, Staten, Anulpha, Mandrashee, Sebenco Peak (re tnx Lunar :D ) and Karbonis....

I see the charts and i see the records of Asa and Mad Ice......;)

If the challenge is too symple there's not a real challenge 8)

I hope all the wipers run in this challenge....and quake the top of the WZ table :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

ps not admitted old records, but only new ones....;)

Hi Lunar, hi all.

Interesting idea 8) Does a sub-20 second lap of Vineta K in both Time Trial and Race, for example, count as two lap records or one?

The lower counts!

28 tracks=28 results

;)

Read your records soon!
CdRom

lunar
9th August 2007, 11:56 AM
There`s also Mandrashee. Sebenco Peak in race mode could be done in less than 20 in a non-Triakis ship with an autopilot and a couple of turbos. ;)

alterego
9th August 2007, 11:57 AM
Hi All.

In the End of the challenge i'll imagine these type of results:

X=3/28
Y=5/28
Z=5/28

1° = the lower sum of the lap records between wipers Y and Z
3°=X

This method it's very challenging because of the lower sum....one be strong on one track but not on another one.....the sum reveal who is real strong on all the faster tracks.....(Asa? Mad? Lunar? or....others?....ih ih ih) ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

lunar
9th August 2007, 04:45 PM
there`s also Khara Descent - it`s possibly possible to go under 20 without the Triakis. It would have to be a :rock:rocklap. Sagarmatha would be even tougher, and after that 123Klan in a race with two turbos, but that might be bordering on the impossible, even if we should never use that word around here.

Lance
9th August 2007, 05:24 PM
it`s possibly possible to go under 20

Possibly possible? How extraordinarily extraordinary. Let's hope so. :)

Mad-Ice
9th August 2007, 10:19 PM
Mmmm, interesting challenge!! However I think record laps made in TT and Free Time are the same. Anulpha pass is not even by close the fastest track in Pure! I think it is not even possible to make a lap time under 20 sec. on that track. Sebenco Peak will be a tough job but maybe possible. Karbonis is the fastest track of Pure. I will post some times tomorrow!

RJ O'Connell
9th August 2007, 10:37 PM
NTSC user hangs head in disappointment and slowly walks away from challenge, realising he wouldn't stand a chance anyway. U_U

Task
9th August 2007, 11:03 PM
Hey, the differences between NA and EU version are purely in the download packs as far as we know! You should be able to give it a go.
I don't think I have _any_ sub-20 lap records, but if I get any I'll be sure to mention it here. 8 )

alterego
10th August 2007, 04:32 AM
Hi RJ, hi all.

NTSC user hangs head in disappointment and slowly walks away from challenge, realising he wouldn't stand a chance anyway. U_U

I think Usa and Euro version are equal....for this challenge....

The only difference it's the handicap of 4 tracks less=4 possibilities less
8)
I'm waiting for your time.

REad You soon
CdRom

I start a little session and, for now i'm 1/28 with exostra at 19.68, far from the best but we have time ;)

---------

Hi Mad-Ice, hi all.

Mmmm, interesting challenge!! However I think record laps made in TT and Free Time are the same. Anulpha pass is not even by close the fastest track in Pure! I think it is not even possible to make a lap time under 20 sec. on that track. Sebenco Peak will be a tough job but maybe possible. Karbonis is the fastest track of Pure. I will post some times tomorrow!

You are in...i'm so happy!

But let's speculate about sr and tt...if it's real equal time trial with free lap there is not sr with tt....eh eh
maybe two autopilot and two turbos in a turn and bye bye at timetrial record ;)

I hope Anulpha under 20 in sr....:beer

Read You soon
CdRom

The Gracer
10th August 2007, 07:57 AM
....Anulpha Pass is the fastest track in Pure. The record is 20"97....

20"97? interesting coincidence!

Count me in - ill get my Van-Uber out and see what i can shake up.

Mad-Ice
10th August 2007, 08:03 AM
Okay, here are my first times, with Goteki45:

Karbonis:
Single Race: 17.86, Free Time: 17.66

Mandrashee:
Single Race: 19.05, Free Time: 18.81

Staten Park:
Single Race:------, Free Time: 19.57

Exostra Run:
Single Race: 19.62, Free Time: 19.25

Vineta K:
Single Race:------, Free Time: 19.91

alterego
10th August 2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Mad_Ice, hi all.

....:clap

For the table of the challenge you are at

5/28 and your time is the sum of your best ones (19.91+19.25+19.57+18.81+17.66) = 95.20

You win if the others wipers make less lr of 5/28, or, in case of equity, if your time sum is lower then the others....:)

Read you Soon.
CdRom

ps for add new results edit the first post... ;)

Mad-Ice
10th August 2007, 08:56 AM
Aha now I understand your challenge. It is almost needless to do Single race, because Free time will almost always give you a faster lap time. The only time my single race lap time is faster is on Blue Ridge, and that is because it is the most curved track there is and therefor autopilot is giving you a big advantage.

alterego
10th August 2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Mad-Ice, hi all.

single race it's a question of luck!......but if you have two turbos and two AP in a lap......all is possible!

Read You soon
CdRom

phl0w
10th August 2007, 09:39 AM
Karbonis is the fastest track of Pure

Karbonis is not. It may be the shortest and the track with the lowest laptime possible, that doesn't make it the fastest though. It's actually pretty slow, considering how short the track is. Three fastest tracks in Pure are: Anulpha Pass, Staten Park, Vineta K.

alterego
10th August 2007, 12:17 PM
Hi All.

I've a start on this challenge....and these are my first results...

Karbonis 18.88
Mandrashee 18.82
Staten Park 19.56
Exostra Run 19.57

i'm 4/28 time 76.83 ;)

We have much time to improve this results, but for now....it's right so :D

I go on vacations for 14 days.....;)

I hope on my return to see all your results....better then mine, like Mad-Ice ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

FIRST EDIT:

add a Vineta K low time....19.71 with Goteki45 ;)

now i'm 5/28 and total time 96.54 :D

Flashback Jack
10th August 2007, 12:45 PM
Anulpha Pass, Staten Park, Vineta K.

Sinucit's quite fast too, I'd say.

- F

alterego
10th August 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi All.

This challenge it's not a question of velocity, but low lap time......the less, the better!

Sinucit is fast, but the lap time don't low 20 sec....:D

Read You Soon
CdRom

Looking at the wz tables it's clear that:
Vineta
staten
exostra
karbonis
mandrashee
sagarmatha
sebenco peak
iridia
kahara

seem it's possible a lr under 20 sec.....;)

alterego
10th August 2007, 10:02 PM
Hi all.

I start my holyday period....you don't see me on the zone for next 15 days ;)

I start a slow dive in the tirrenian sea.... :D

Read you later :)
CdRom

Medusa
11th August 2007, 03:54 PM
Enjoy your holidays, you lucky bum! When I manage sub-20 second laps I'll join your challenge, lol.

alterego
25th August 2007, 08:05 PM
Hi All.

I'm returned from Elba sea and the first web thing i make it is write down some greetings to all my friends here in the zone :D

What about this Challenge?

now i'm 5/28 and total time 96.54 with a 19.71 in tt on Vineta k with my goteki45 ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

Asayyeah
26th August 2007, 12:37 PM
19.71 by goteki ! Ouch that is a truly amazing score Rom congrats mate.
Don't practise too much mate ;)

Next week is coming soon :hyper

alterego
29th August 2007, 07:34 AM
Hi All.

EhilÃ*!!!

Where are you dear wipers?

For this challenge i see only Mad-Ice and Me in......why?

Now the tables see Mad-Ice First and me second, as usual.....eh eeh ehm ;)

Mad-Ice - 5/28 - total time 95.20
Alterego - 5/28 - total time 96.54

...stand up fellow wipers! put your hands on a Pure ship and run!!! ;) :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

Asayyeah
29th August 2007, 07:01 PM
Where are you dear wipers?
knock knock , someone at the door ? :cowboy

Ok i join you mate and get Goteki 45 too.

Here's my free laps results :

Vineta K = 19.86
Karbonis = 17.40
Mandrashee = 18.61
Exostra = 18.58
Staten = 19.23

I reiterate what i told you last night : you did a great job with your 19.71 on Vineta Rom :clap

alterego
29th August 2007, 07:43 PM
Hi All.

EhilÃ*!!!

First Update!
Asa sensei add his time....wow! ;)

1) Asa - 5/28 - total time 93.68
2) Mad-Ice - 5/28 - total time 95.20
3) Alterego - 5/28 - total time 96.54

....and the others fast wipers?

Read You Soon
CdRom

@Asa: i've a red face for your compliments ....:D

Asayyeah
29th August 2007, 08:47 PM
it won't be hypothetical sunburns you ll get in Le Havre which got you a red face again :D