PDA

View Full Version : Any Daft Punk fans out there?

Dr. Angryman
30th July 2007, 12:45 AM
Okay, I'm a really big Daft Punk fan. :rock Wonderin' where some Daft Punk fans are, so here I am!

Favorite album: Homework
Favorite songs (Homework): Daftendirekt, Revolution 909, and Around the World
Favorite songs (Discovery): Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, Digital Love, and Face to Face
Favorite songs (Human After All): Prime Time of Your Life, Technologic, and Television Rules the Nation
Favorite music video: Around the World
Favorite feature video: Interstella 5555

Well that's all! Sayonara! :)

q_dmc12
30th July 2007, 02:10 AM
yes, but I've only really enjoyed one song of their's - Work it (harder, better, faster, stronger)

Wamdue
30th July 2007, 05:28 AM
I'm pretty crazy about electro in general, There's some fantastic Daft Punk remixes out there as well as other french electro artists out there. There's even talk of Justice being the "new" Daft Punk, sharing a very similar sound but way way tougher and not as radio friendly, They did reach out with a few tracks to the general public tho, like: Justice VS SMD - We are your friends and Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1upou_justice-dance

for a taste of that. They are fantastic live :)

There's some really crazy collabs between Daft Punk and other french artists, anything remixed by the ed banger label artists is basically worth listening to, check hypem.com and missingtoof.com out for tracks like that :)

Rapier Racer
30th July 2007, 08:20 PM
I really like Aerodynamic and the other song on that single Aerodynamite, thats it I'm afraid the rest doesn't do it for me

Spaceboy Gajo
30th July 2007, 10:16 PM
I like a lot of their songs, but I have to admit I haven't heard any new stuff from them. That'll change and I'll make sure of that :D

Not sure how you feel about Kanye West using Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger for his song Stronger (http://www.kanyewest.com/?content=video_stronger). At first I have to admit I didn't like it, but then I had to give him props for respecting their song and using it as a sample. You could say he's got good taste in music ;)

locus2k
30th July 2007, 11:10 PM
Daft punk is great. I like pretty much all their music especally Work it, around the world and digital love...

Heres a pretty good remix video of Work it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw

Wamdue
31st July 2007, 12:14 PM
To be honest I dislike Kanye West using Daft Punk, especially since he in a very nonchalant and stupid manner made a fuss on MTV video awards when Justice Vs SMD won with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zo1-XlazvY

Seeing as the Ed banger collective is part of the roots of the genre Daft Punk was born from and SO_ME is a genious when it comes to graphic design, no matter how many phat rims, 'bitches n hoes' and bling you put in your videos it'll still end up crap compared to people creating videos with real talent.

I'm such a edrec fanboy :(

Dr. Angryman
31st July 2007, 05:52 PM
The "We Are Your Friends" video was awsome! :)

locus2k
1st August 2007, 02:21 AM
I dont get what happened with kanye west and his song never liked the guy so never saw the vid...

I tried to get tickets to the Daft Punk show in brooklyn Ny but they were sold out ; ;

Dr. Angryman
1st August 2007, 02:22 AM
Poor you! :cold

swift killer
30th August 2007, 02:06 PM
I quite like Daft Punk, one hell of a unique style, but you should listen to Aphex Twin :robot:robot:robot

go on youtube and look at the video for rubber johnny by 'phex, he's also got a killer tune on the Pulse soundtrack.

Dr. Angryman
30th August 2007, 02:42 PM
I do listen to Aphex Twin! My favorite song by him is either Come to Daddy (really creepy) or Windowlicker (strange but cool).

Silent
30th August 2007, 06:54 PM
Oi, I can see that you english guys like Daft Punk !

You know that they were in the college I am now, 6 years ago ! Their class photo are exposed in the college.

I like very much their music, even if it's a bit repetitive when you listen it too much ;)

I shoulded go to their concert in Bercy, but I was sick the day...

Dr. Angryman
30th August 2007, 10:31 PM
They should go to Alabama for a concert, but they are never anywhere near here! :( If only I was in Paris or New York....