PDA

View Full Version : What will the Pulse intro movie be?

APVangeliLMS
27th July 2007, 12:49 AM
:rolleyes: Does anyone know how the intro movie in wipeout pulse will be. probably much better than pure. i think it will be cool.

and there will most probably be one, because that promo umd wasn't finished, so that could mean that theres still hope.

i think it will be like the pure one, but it will also have tracks being built as well, the music will be more fast paced, and the transitions will be the pulsing lines from the beginning of the umd demo, leading to the cool wipeout pulse logo.

post what you think it will be like. :rolleyes:

Dr. Angryman
27th July 2007, 01:43 AM
I think it should be more of a two-ship battle for the finish line, like the previous games. Pure's was lovely, graphically, but a little more excitement won't hurt. :)

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2007, 02:02 AM
Actually, Fusion had two seperate two-ship battles. ;)

Dr. Angryman
27th July 2007, 02:25 AM
I have another idea! What about a news announcement for the debut of the FX400 series in Talon's Junction. It might work...then again, I've had better ideas! :p

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2007, 02:29 AM
There was an idea I had of a pilot suiting up, then walking out to the paddock, climbing in the cockpit and going along as the race starts. There would be quick shots of fans of certain teams (or pilots if in case hell freezes over and that concept returns), helicopter views of the track, etc.

Dogg Thang
27th July 2007, 07:51 AM
Oddly enough, I can't remember any WO intro except that the first one had a robot a bit like Vincent from the Black Hole and one intro went backwards. I'm not sure I've ever seen the intro to Pure! I just try to get straight into the races as quick as possible.

Sausehuhn
27th July 2007, 10:49 AM
Something with AG-5Y5 and EG.X I guess - that would match with the cover.

Riccardo Raccis
27th July 2007, 03:08 PM
My money's on something including that little "mag lock" FMV that was included at the end of the first trailer (the trailer showing bits of track sections with no races).

Something with mag locks in it anyway probably.

But I do love the idea of the pilot-and-fans intro.

Dr. Angryman
27th July 2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that Mag-lock section. I hope they show more racing action in the final opening movie.

Rapier Racer
28th July 2007, 05:31 PM
I think it should be something liiiike, we see an AG-S and a Feisar flying along in first and second quite peacefully, peacefully because AG-S wants to be friends with everyone and Feisar is just trying to keep up. Then, out of nowhere every other team in the game takes a shot at the AG and Feisar until they are BURNING IN HELL because they are all sick of the cover and intro movies featuring the same 2 teams all the time :bomb (mostly)

Lance
28th July 2007, 07:18 PM
Been thinking about this for a long time, have ya? :)

Dr. Angryman
28th July 2007, 07:23 PM
Three words: lots of EXPLOSIONS! That would make a great opening movie! :beer

Medusa
28th July 2007, 08:05 PM
Haha Rapier Racer!! I suppose Assegai deserves to be in an intro at some point. ;)
Personally I feel the intros should always feature at least one of the original 4 teams. Just to make sure we know it's really WipEout and not some other quickly schemed anti-gravity game with tacky-looking ships...(insert names of ugliest Fusion ships...).

No in all seriousness it should be a racing sequence. From pit to finish line would be cool, just quick snapshots of the race. But who's really going to complain about the intro if the game is good? Not I. (But I'm entitled to change my mind later, being a woman and all.)

Rapier Racer
28th July 2007, 08:51 PM
Been thinking about this for a long time, have ya? :)

Yes lol since I saw the US Pure cover art

Another idea just hit me, maybe we could have the two new teams destroying those two classic teams, sounds like a recipe for complete uproar! :nod

I feel the intros should always feature at least one of the original 4 teams. Just to make sure we know it's really WipEout

Fusion has a Feisar in the intro....

Chill
28th July 2007, 09:35 PM
As long as the intro creates the right wipeout style atmosphere (rewinding action, like in Wipeout 3), putting the music into the atmosphere style as if like one, it would be great. Just referring to Wipeout 3, my most fave Wipeout intro of all time...

supersocks
28th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Anything unpredictable is good.

Dr. Angryman
28th July 2007, 09:56 PM
If the intro movie is going to be a racing scene, I want a ship to explode. More importantly, I want that ship to be a Medeival. I never liked the looks of that thing and it has soap bubbles for a sheild. ;)

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2007, 10:35 PM
Not to mention it was no more than a promo for a crap Sony launch title. >_<

Them and G-Tech can go blow one, pardon my language.

Dr. Angryman
29th July 2007, 10:04 PM
Lemme guess, blown up by a FEISAR? ;)

Airrider
29th July 2007, 10:24 PM
One thing it has to do is trumpet the Maglock thing a bit, like, machines on a vertical section.

On that thought, a machine eating it on a vertical section would be something to witness.

Hybrid Divide
30th July 2007, 07:43 AM
You know, if you want to see a FEISAR get blown up... just watch the 2097 intro...

/Loves FEISAR
//Loves that intro more

RJ O'Connell
19th August 2007, 02:54 PM
Don't forget the Wipeout 3 intro, where a FEISAR, AG-S and Goteki explode IN REVERSE!!!

supersocks
19th August 2007, 06:20 PM
That's actually not an explosion. It's a surreal vector graphics representation of ultimate state of speed no man or computer capable to process. The reality distorts around the crafts creating a four dimensional space which can be witnessed as a misplaced triangles on 2D-projection matrix of TV-set.

Or something like that I think it is.

Rapier Racer
19th August 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh, and I thought it was the reverse of 3 ships being destroyed.

Sausehuhn
27th August 2007, 09:56 PM
Saw it today.
Damn that looks nice!

It's only filmed with a hand cam, nonetheless it looks awesome! I can have it online in the next days :)

Dr. Angryman
27th August 2007, 10:37 PM
Show us quickly! :hyper Me want to see soon! Hope it's either: a) something different than the previous WipEouts, b) something traditional to WipEout, or c) a cinematic showing the history of WipEout. I think that'd be cool. 8)

rdmx
28th August 2007, 06:22 AM
Which reminds me, I need to do another history video, but better, without so many ridiculous IGN and GAMESPOT logos.

Looking forward to it!:guitar
I can't play the guitar :(

q_dmc12
30th August 2007, 05:38 AM
perhaps a story intro....something like what Star Trek: Enterprise had...:)

swift killer
30th August 2007, 08:54 AM
I recon, the intro will go along a simular line to Pure's (emphasis on ship's build and so on), they might however showcase the mag-strip system, but i personally recon it would be cool if there was a different intro for each team, for example;

Feisar: shows Pierre Belmondo designing an early Feisar, then shows 'classic' AG League footage of the team winning and so on with the usual graphical flair which makes WipEout uber-cool looking.

Qirex RD: shows the quantax design module in action through the AGLeague years, then shows the teams 'turmoil' (IE being bought out by Tigron's corrupt influences) and then the triumphant return in the FX300.

Just an idea, but only SL know for sure what the intro is going to be like, but one thing for sure, it's going to be an uber-cool intro with a kicking soundrack to it.

Sausehuhn
30th August 2007, 01:49 PM
I tell you: it's not as slow as Pure's intro and shows more than just two crafts. It's totally different. Just saw it once now, so I do not have the exact video in mind.
Not sure if I can get the videe before next week, but you guys will get it for sure.

Dr. Angryman
30th August 2007, 02:43 PM
Awesome! The intro sounds cool! Show us the video ASAP! :hyper

Sausehuhn
8th September 2007, 10:14 PM
Just in case you did not already see the thread: here you'll find it (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70519#post70519).

Lion
8th September 2007, 11:02 PM
from that video it looks like a lot of people in here were right..
a race for the finish, a showcase of magstrips, and a piranha exploding :)

rdmx
9th September 2007, 06:04 AM
Here it is:
Just wait for it to get there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZeajSaVOdM

Mobius
9th September 2007, 09:04 AM
Ooh, very frantic intro, me likey!

Mark Of Insanity
9th September 2007, 11:31 AM
Having viewed the Pulse intro twice (not really paying attention the first time), I declare that it is an awesome intro.

Dr. Angryman
9th September 2007, 04:29 PM
Hmmmm.... The Qirex in the intro made an interesting twist on the mag-strip. It made the ship go upside-down slowly before quickly turning it back rightside-up. Very interesting! ;)

Rapier Racer
9th September 2007, 08:07 PM
I've decided not to watch it as it will reduce that 'impact' when I first fire up the Pulse UMD. I wanna see it in good quality on my PSP :banzai

Dr. Angryman
9th September 2007, 09:12 PM
I respect you for that! :) Me, on the other hand, needs to be pleased right away! :hyper

Chill
10th September 2007, 04:09 AM
I would've done that if I read your post before firing it up in uncontrollable glee rapier racer... ;) That song sounds like it kicks ass!! And the intro looks great!! Love the graphics...

Spaceboy Gajo
12th September 2007, 10:44 PM
I've decided not to watch it as it will reduce that 'impact' when I first fire up the Pulse UMD. I wanna see it in good quality on my PSP :banzai

At first I had the same thought as your Rapier. However, being a slow day surfing the web I decided to check it out.

With all due respect, you won't be spoiled. The angle that the video was shot in allows you to see some of what is going on and it's soundtracked to the two songs that have been released in the trailers we've seen thus far.

Nothing will beat that experience of loading the UMD for the first time and seeing the intro with my own eyes and hearing the amazing soundtrack that goes with it. Even if I did see it.

What I did see so far will no doubt make my smiling muscles hurt. I'm sure that the Studio Liverpool gang will be overexerting our smiling muscles for the first few times we'll be discovering new things playing Pulse.

I'm sure Sausehuhn felt the same way when he was playing this at GDC. Lucky guy.

Sausehuhn
13th September 2007, 12:01 PM
Sadly it wasn't me.
The vid is of a friend of mine who was in Leipzig.

tapioca
28th November 2007, 09:54 PM
You can watch the intro movie in good quality here http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-pulse-psp-videos-exclusives-actu-87038.html, along with some gameplay videos (Metropia on EG-X, Assegai on Moa Therma, and a comparative video mixing Zone & Time Trial on Talon's Junction). There's also a preview of what the new Photo Mode can do.

Come on, December 12th… I'm waiting for you.

rdmx
28th November 2007, 10:31 PM
Nice find! Absolutely loving the new sounds for airbrakes and turbo! The turbo sounds like the craft will disintegrate in mid-air!

And zone mode now shows you where your current zone ranks speed-wise according to the speed class.

I assume Sous-venom is "below venom?" Looks like they've fixed the turbo over boost-pad bug?
Loyalty points? Ooh. Photo mode looks awesome as well.

Dr. Angryman
28th November 2007, 10:47 PM
You beat me in posting the video! :p

What I like most is the little intro of the circuit before you drive it. Gotta love robot voices! :g

BARTgai
29th November 2007, 03:03 AM
holy crap, i almost started crying because of how perfect it is. WipEout Pulse is gonna be way better than i could have ever hoped for!:eek

-I love the return of the classic 3, 2, 1, GO! from the past wipeouts :D

thumbs up all the way SL! :+

Chill
29th November 2007, 03:53 AM
Just being picky... the voice explaining each curcuit is quite creepy, but other than that, this game is BADASS!!! And it makes me feel badass to be a fan of it!! ;) That's why I love being a fan of Wipeout, it rarely fails to make me feel badass...

rdmx
29th November 2007, 04:23 AM
the voice explaining each curcuit is quite creepy
Haha, I got the same vibe. It gives me this impression of a dystopic future for some reason. Especially with the whole 'grey goo' thing at Talon's Junction.

supersocks
29th November 2007, 10:49 AM
The male robot voice isn't that bad, maybe should've been a bit more neutral without tone changes to sound more robotic (why they still have robotic-sounding synthetic voices in 23rd century anyhow?), but that "Welcome to WipEout Pulse" in the end of intro with that wooosh effect sounded a bit out of place and somehow softened too much the in-your-face-aspect of the whole intro. Or maybe it's because it's near the female announcer voice of wo64 which I always found bit annoying. I also hoped they would've picked a bit more "pulsing" and "futuristic" sounding track for intro.

It's fine. :)

rdmx
29th November 2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, to be honest, X Project didn't felt like it fit in with the intro.
Even though it was probably designed around the song :O

Flashback Jack
29th November 2007, 01:51 PM
Just being picky... the voice explaining each curcuit is quite creepy...

I kinda dig it. Both the voice and the panning cityscapes remind me of the videography and narration in the Animatrix episode Second Renaissance. That was the episode about the evolution of the machines and '01', the originial robot settlement. The resemblance is so uncannily similar in fact that I'm almost positive it was used as a model for the intro's design.

As for the game's new sounds, I've always been a fan of hard hitting and innovative sound design, and based on what I've just seen, this has taken a rather impressive leap forward. Yeah, the boosts are awesome. Imagine the psychological impact it would have on an opponent if you and he were side by side about 200 feet from the finish line and he suddenly heard a mad explosion followed by stratospheric engine tonals with you disappearing over the horizon. And that isn't to mention the crazy subsonics of the rockets igniting on a triple missle shot.

Overall, I'm quite liking the darker presentation of Pulse, both visually and conceptually. It's rather dystopic and Bladerunner-like.

Ready with my dermatrodes and Onosendai,

Flashback Jack

Fascia
29th November 2007, 04:19 PM
So that's what cabal ended up doing after Tiberium Sun...

Kyang
29th November 2007, 06:16 PM

Ah! Another CnC fan! :o :D .

I am absolutely loving this introduction sequence, but the ending "Welcome to Wipeout Pulse." felt a little out of place.

EDIT: Ha... I am also just a little sad that my favorite, Piranha was "blown up" at the end. :p .

Sausehuhn
29th November 2007, 06:20 PM
Music and "Welcome to WipEout Pulse" didn't fit imo.
Felt like they chose the music after the intro was finished. They should have used something faster that fits better to the fast animations. The intro itself it top-notch stuff. Perfect mix of 2D and 3D.

MarcoM
29th November 2007, 06:25 PM
Those videos rock! This game is going to be THE no1 psp title. WOOOT

:dizzy :dizzy :nod

Rapier Racer
29th November 2007, 06:44 PM
Loving the intro movie, X-Project rules, track intros are annoying and pointless just another button to press before the race starts, I hope that idea doesn't find its way over to HD

Lance
29th November 2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, intros are one of those things that are cool the first time round and are a time-wasting annoyance ever afterward.

Frances_Penfold
29th November 2007, 07:44 PM
Awesome intro sequence :)

So are all of the tracks in Wipeout Pulse as wide as those shown in the gameplay footage? They seem much broader (and consistently broader-- not as much narrowing to choke points) as in Wipeout Pure.

I suppose this game was built from the ground up around online, head-to-head racing, and that broad tracks are important for making online play go smoothly?

Rapier Racer
29th November 2007, 09:39 PM
I dunno, it didn't feel so broad when we played it.

Frances_Penfold
29th November 2007, 10:17 PM
It's definitely possible it may be my imagination... or it could be the particular tracks featured in the vid ;)

But check out the vid at 1:30-1:50.

And then again between 3:30-3:50.

That's seems like some WIDE track there, seemingly wider (and consistently so) than in most of Wipeout Pure.

In any case, I'm sure that Sony Liverpool knows what it's doing when it decides these things :) If the game does run differently than Pure it'll make Pure still different and fun to play.

Dr. Angryman
29th November 2007, 11:55 PM
It kinda makes it hard to believe those reviews saying that Pulse is so similar to Pure that the experience is spoiled slightly. :?

Also, am I the only one that thinks the intro music is perfect, the robot female voice at the beginning is a nice touch, and the intro to the circuits are cool? I don't want to be the only one! :paperbag

BARTgai
30th November 2007, 12:00 AM

haha good one :P

the voice reminded me a little of the voice that explains the objectives for nod in c&c 3.

any way you look at it, i still i love the new voices ( the ones from pure got very annoying after a while ;) )

i also recall in the ship selection screen, just before he started the race, i heard a voice start to say "EG.....". Am i hearing things, or is there going to be a voice that says the team name of the selected ship? that would be very cool :D

rdmx
30th November 2007, 01:22 AM
"Incoming Transmission"
"GDI have a base...etc":g

Chill
30th November 2007, 05:05 AM
Hopefully track intros could be an option to turn off, but if not, whadderya gunna do?? ;)

But I thought the music and Welcome to Wipeout Pulse thingy was AWESOME!!! I like that out of place feeling, just like playing it. Your going through madness, and you hear the voice of the weapon vocals on Wipeout 3, and a hot female voice says "missile", as you're neck to neck with someone else, letting you know you've got the missile, and can pimp her anytime!!! ;) No, but seriously, I don't think the voice coulda been any hotter than in times like this...

G'Kyl
30th November 2007, 05:10 AM
Am i hearing things, or is there going to be a voice that says the team name of the selected ship?

Both. ;-) Yep, you get audio confirmation for the ship you chose.

I like the spoken introduction to the tracks (one for White and one for Black variations) a lot. Mostly because this time around you won't have to guess what kind of track you're racing on, where in the world it is you are flying and what the history of that particular track is. It's not even an additional button press as compared to Pure, since after you cut the introduction by pressing your button you jump right onto the race track - no camera going around the ship first. :)

I do agree, though: The female voice announcing the title right after the intro movie seems a little out of place. Like the music, though. :)

Ben

Lion
1st December 2007, 10:06 AM
a couple of little things.. seems weird that they went for both a male and female voice...
also, not that it makes any difference to me as an english speaker... but it's a pity that the track intros etc were all in english when all the text in the french videos above was in french.

every time I hear that sound as a turbo gets activated my excitement for this game grows :) like a restrictor plate being forced open or something :)
and I love that the ships now sound like big metal vehicles with some actual mass to them when they collide with each other or the environment.
I could probably best describe the Pure ships as sounding like they were made of electrified fibreglass

The Gracer
1st December 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, intros are one of those things that are cool the first time round and are a time-wasting annoyance ever afterward.

I watch the intro of pure almost everytime i crank it up for a game. i love it. its so...clean and shiny. :) But yeah, i do usually skip the intro sequence - its neat to think that the designer has gone that extra mile to make your experience cooler, though.

G'Kyl
2nd December 2007, 12:37 PM
and I love that the ships now sound like big metal vehicles with some actual mass to them

The best thing is, they also behave like that now. :)

APVangeliLMS
9th December 2007, 06:49 AM
ok, i found a vid of the intro. high quality, enjoy

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-pulse-psp-videos-exclusives-actu-87038.html

tapioca
9th December 2007, 11:49 AM
For those who haven't seen it already last week… Yep, enjoy !

Asayyeah
9th December 2007, 02:59 PM
You can watch the intro movie in good quality here http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-pulse-psp-videos-exclusives-actu-87038.html, .

:D

Are you posting in JV Tapioca ? and what's your nickname? i am lurking from time to time but been too busy to post.

zargz
9th December 2007, 05:38 PM
I'll see the intro in 3 days on my psp 8)

tapioca
10th December 2007, 12:38 AM
:D
Are you posting in JV Tapioca ? and what's your nickname? i am lurking from time to time but been too busy to post.
Sorry Arnaud… the only website i'm posting in is http://www.factornews.com, one of the few french independant gamesites i know that can be both fun and interesting. Don't miss the famous "quote of the day" and the "Bullet-Proof Dumb Title Award" (Titre A La Con Award -TALCA- in french) . You can find me there with the same nickname, although i don't have much time for it right now. Even right now ago…

Hunter Gamma
11th December 2007, 01:29 PM
I think intro was pretty nice.
Some people have have said that music don't fit in, but i really liked it. Me thinks that the music gives it somehow unique and funky feeling.