PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Gameplay video

mclarensmps
13th July 2007, 12:11 AM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/838/838996/vids_1.html

This is what it looks like in the flesh (there's also a video of the trailer for those who haven't seen). I have to say it looks absolutely fantastic, the lines on the track will take getting some used to though.

RJ O'Connell
13th July 2007, 12:23 AM
OH. MY. EFFIN. G.

NEED. NOW. ih ih ih!!!

Chill
13th July 2007, 02:06 AM
That is rediculous!!! All HD Wipeouts will look this realistic?!?! Even the first Wipeout?!?!:o

Edit: It's just one track off of Pure with only the Missile as a weapon though... is that because it's a work in progress, or are they just not showing everything???

Asayyeah
13th July 2007, 02:09 AM
one word : brilliant

rdmx
13th July 2007, 02:14 AM
All missiles! "MISSILE" "MISSILE" "MISSILE"
And i love the part where you are flying backwards and you can still hear the wrong way indicator.
Admittedly, the lines on the track will take a bit to get used to, but I can imagine it makes it look higher-detail than without lines.

Frances_Penfold
13th July 2007, 04:51 AM
Wow. Amazing.

Definitely worth downloading the HD version though as a heads up, your computer may not be able to handle its playback. My couldn't, but I selected the "play every frame" option which gives a slow playback that doesn't skip.

Good show, Sony. This is the kind of thing that could convince me to take the plunge for a PS3.

stin
13th July 2007, 07:09 AM
Awesome and I was trying to get a full resolution but end up a small picture.

Is any new ship? just being curious.

stevie:)

Sausehuhn
13th July 2007, 07:56 AM
Okay, now that really looks nice. And I'm happy the high contrasts seen in the trailer aren't that high in the game.
Now I'm hoping they add a few more light/glow effects (as they did in Pulse) and well... what else?... yeah! Even more details! ;)

And stin, looks like there's at least a new Qirex design (look at the attachment).

_____
EDIT:

A question: are there weather changing effects? Looks like the sky is a lot brighter at the beginning of the video compared to the end.

BaldyCurly
13th July 2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah baby - bring it on!!

eLhabib
13th July 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure if I like the look of the track surface (looks like wooden planks on an old ship), but apart from that, I'm sold!

Mad-Ice
13th July 2007, 11:38 AM
Wauw!! This is looking so sharp. Indeed the track surface will take a while to get used to, but the amount of details is superb, you can even see the mechanical stuff under the ship, awesome.:hyper

lunar
13th July 2007, 11:44 AM
Looks awesome, I kind of like the track surface, but yes it would take a while to get used to. It seems to play very much like Pure, even down to the wild leap in the air after the BR on the big jump, but the graphics are just unbelievable. I never knew the next-gen would look like that :o

stin
13th July 2007, 11:49 AM
Max, you have been reading my mind about that ship!

Yes that is the one.

DawnFireDragoon
13th July 2007, 02:48 PM
it looks ok...i guess, but i don't like the look of the track either. The weapon and speed pads look horrible. i hope these are early shots to be honest and there's still a lot of work to be done. It is far from next gen! (honest opinion :( )

Lance
13th July 2007, 04:08 PM
Haven't seen the vid, but that pic that Max posted looks really different and interesting. The ships look great. New Qirex, yes!

Dogg Thang
13th July 2007, 07:50 PM
When you see it moving, it does look very much like Pure design-wise (more than that pic suggests) but much more solid, much more detailed and it's very vibrant. It looks fantastic.

Edit: Actually I just spotted a Feisar slogan I think is new: Race for E-Unity. Nice. Also noticed two Feisar colour variations.

Dr. Angryman
13th July 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, I think it looks awesome. :hyper A few concerns though:

1. Not enough shine on buildings. They look like metal, not metal and glass.

2. The tunnel before the finish line looks a little sparse. The one in Pure had a very nice "ribbed" effect. It looks like it's just black in HD. :frown:

3. Make the ships have reflections on them! :hyper Wouldn't that be awesome? :D

What do you think about my ideas?

Dogg Thang
13th July 2007, 08:40 PM
As the game still has quite a way to release and doesn't have to go through physical manufacturing (so being able to continue development much closer to release), I'd imagine everything you've mentioned will likely be in the final game or close to it.

Sausehuhn
13th July 2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I keep my two thumbs up for car-like reflecting on the ships. Pulse has some nice shiny ships that look really good. But now with the PS3's power I'm sure you can have detailed reflections on the crafts, not just some shine/glow.

Chill
14th July 2007, 01:08 AM
1. Not enough shine on buildings. They look like metal, not metal and glass.

3. Make the ships have reflections on them! :hyper Wouldn't that be awesome? :D

What do you think about my ideas?

Not me, don't like the Pulse style of all shiny and sparkly, doesn't feel beleivable enough to me... for me the style with a much duller shine is perfect!!!! :D Honestly!!!

Dr. Angryman
14th July 2007, 02:14 AM
Would a brushed metal shine look better? :)

Chill
14th July 2007, 07:45 AM
Ya, I suppose that would be OK. Just not extremely shiny, like plastic, because they're not plastic by any means... ;)

Dr. Angryman
14th July 2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, because a ship that melts on impact with a plasma would be very good looking but not pleasing to the pilot.

mclarensmps
14th July 2007, 03:18 PM
Well, if F1 Championship is anything to go by, you needn't worry about SL's skill at implementing effects in the game. F1 Championship has some of the best reflection, shadow, haze, and rain effects that I have seen in ANY racer (infact, I would go so far as to say it has the absolute best), and I am sure that a lot of this knowledge will be carried over in some shape or form to Wipeout HD.

Hot!

Medusa
14th July 2007, 04:03 PM
Eeewww. They had better change that track surface because it is just ugly. All our pretty anti-gravity futuristic crafts are racing over corrugated cardboard.:blarg

But does the rest of it ever look sweet! (Excepting the weapon/speed pads. I'll never quite forgive SL from changing from the red and blue.)

Dr. Angryman
14th July 2007, 06:37 PM
I don't mind the track surface that much. SL should just change the color from beige to gray. That would make the track look perfect! :hyper

Another concern: I know this is up to personal taste, but I would like to see more neon. The track itself is the focal point, not the buildings. The "Robots Build Robots" sign just sits there. It doesn't glow like in Pure.

What do you think? :)

Chill
14th July 2007, 09:03 PM
I don't mind the surface, because it looks realistic... since when did the surface have to be a certain way, mabye this color is more affordable... perhaps if the color could be changed in the options menu or something, it would be ok...

EDIT: I mean, I'm sure they'll have an option to change the surface later down the road or something...

The reason the robots build robots sign doesn't shine out is because that's from a darker track that would glow on the original, but they placed it out into the daylight, and if they wanted to glow, they'd also have to figure out how to make that part darker. Would seem a bit too much work to me... but that's a good thing to point out. :D

Medusa
15th July 2007, 12:30 AM
since when did the surface have to be a certain way, mabye this color is more affordable

I'm not saying the surface has to be a certain way. I'm saying putting lines on the track which make the surface appear a bit corrugated is ugly and looks totally weird in a Wipeout game, IMO. Maybe it's just me.

Remember the F3600 tracks? They stated what the track was made of "F3600 standard, artificial crystal" or my personal fave, "reclaimed titanium". How much can the track compound have changed in the "years" since then?? In XL and W3O the tracks all seemed to be this "standard" track surface, looking like some sort of asphalt compound.
It just seems really odd that there are all these little parallel lines running along the track. It looks strange enough in the delta pack when there is just one or two lines parallel along the track.

One thing I do love is the reappearance of the black lines marking the edge of the track. It is a great way to sense speed.

tapioca
15th July 2007, 10:36 AM
I've just found new screenies that might get everyone relieved : not all the tracks have this "parallel lines" texture. It looks like each one will have its own design.

By the way, Moa Therma and Anulpha Pass look quite terrific in HD…

Here's the link:
http://www.playscope.com/@@@16007-wipeout_hd.html

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 10:43 AM
Those screenshots come from the HD video that I watched. That's the one I thought everyone was talking about! It has three tracks in action - Chengou, Anulpha Pass and a Pulse one I don't know the name of (one with a bit horizontal mag-lock loop).

By the way, the buildings in that Pulse track look like retextured buildings from Pure's Classic 2 Odessa Keys.

tapioca
15th July 2007, 10:55 AM
Here's a link to the videos showing Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma.
http://www.playscope.com/@@@16007-wipeout_hd.html&medias=Videos

I think it's the one you saw Dogg Thang. Does it come from the PS Store ? I don't have a PS3 yet…

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 10:59 AM
I don't have a PS3 either. It was online on a games website and is the full HD version of the video and looks absolutely stunning. I thought I got the link here. Not sure now though! Probably the same video. Moa Therma, eh? It's a nice looking track! Very silver city futuristic type.

Frances_Penfold
15th July 2007, 02:22 PM
Wow! Thanks for the link. That was awesome.

So... do we have confirmation yet that Wipeout HD is an HD version of Pure and Pulse? Is Moa Therma confirmed for Pulse?

This game looks wonderful. :hyper

Dr. Angryman
15th July 2007, 02:40 PM
It looks like all my concerns were solved on the other two circuits! Great vid! :)

Another thing: I notice the only ships I see are Qirex, Piranha, and FEISAR. I hope thes aren't the only ships! :frown:

Also: I caught some team slogans!

EG.X: Linked Technology
Harimau: Nature
Icaras: Flying High

I caught some of the letters on other billboards, but not complete sentences.

Finally: Only missiles are firing! Why? :?

stin
15th July 2007, 03:44 PM
ReaLLY intERSting video!

For ps3?, working on it!

lunar
15th July 2007, 04:03 PM
Really beautifully edited promo. As for the game - looks like a blast. 8)

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 05:49 PM
So... do we have confirmation yet that Wipeout HD is an HD version of Pure and Pulse? Is Moa Therma confirmed for Pulse?

I can't be 100% certain on the name but that third track in the WO HD footage is definitely the same track I've seen in the Pulse pictures. That makes 2 tracks confirmed from Pure (one Alpha and one Delta) and one confirmed from Pulse.

So I guess we can take it that it is a HD version of Pure and Pulse. What I don't know is whether all tracks will make it in or just a selection. Given that there are so many tracks in Pure alone, I can't imagine every single one of them will make it in with every track in Pulse. That would be a hell of an amount of work. What we also don't know is whether there'll be any HD exclusive tracks

Medusa
15th July 2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks for that video tapioca! Much relief. I am getting excited (more) over this game now.

Hellfire_WZ
15th July 2007, 06:33 PM
Just watched it. My God it looks incredible! Now I really DO want a PS3 :D

bakkufu
15th July 2007, 07:33 PM
I just watched the PS3 trailer myself ( sorry I've not been about but I've had shitloads going on ) and had to stop by! It looks awesome, not seen the AG 5y5 ship in the mix yet, but saw the tagline...

"AG 5Y5 - A friend in speed"

So my fave AG badboy has gotta be in there :D

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 07:53 PM
The only ships I saw in the trailer were Feisar, Pirahna, Qirex and EG.x and the EG.x really looked like a recoloured Feisar so I'm not 100% sure on that one. But there were plenty of AG-Sys billboards as you say, as well as Harimau, Auricom, Icaras and Assegai. I didn't spot any Goteki45 or Tigron. As Tigron hasn't made it to Pulse, I'd say that could be gone but I'd be surprised if Goteki didn't make it to HD. But who knows.

RJ O'Connell
15th July 2007, 07:57 PM
I noticed 2 Qirex craft on track at the same time confirming 2 ships per team. There was also a #12 on the side of one ship, is this implying that pilot profiles will return in WO:HD?

Dogg: EG-X looks like a re-coloured FEISAR in Wipeout Pulse as well (I wrote it's because EG-X hired an ex-FEISAR craft designer to make their new ships...) As for Goteki 45, I wouldn't really count on their demise yet. I don't think I saw Triakis either...

Dr. Angryman
15th July 2007, 08:13 PM
I noticed some team slogans. :)

Harimau: Nature
AG5Y5: A Friend in Speed
EG.X: Linked Technology
FEISAR: Race for E-Unity
Icaras: Fly High

I like the look of the Moa Therma circuit the best. Great buildings, nice looking track surface, great sunset-like lighting, and a jaw-dropping sideways loop.

I also like the Anulpha Pass circuit. I hope they get screens of the back stretch, because it seems like the only thing they're focusing on is the grandstand.

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info on EG.x, RJ. I think I had seen a pic on one of the Pulse threads but I just couldn't remember what it looked like and couldn't get a good look in that WO HD trailer.

Dr. Angryman
15th July 2007, 09:11 PM
EG.X is a slightly slimmer, more angular ship with orange windows (not to my taste, but I might get used to it.) I didn't see it on the most recent gameplay vid, but I did see it on the Gamespy vid.

Sausehuhn
15th July 2007, 09:27 PM
That ingame-footage looks really nice, reminds me of the Fusion renders from around 2001. And now we get this as a game. Wow.
Also really like the fact that there are so many 3D objects (starting grid, weapon and speed pads and so on) and the use of bump mapping I saw here and there (they could use this even more imo).
Looks like a really nice "redone" Pure and Pulse to me. Can't wait to play the new Pulse teams and Pulse's handling on some of Pure's tracks.

supersocks
15th July 2007, 09:36 PM
Moa has yellow pulse-style speed and weapon pads. Folks at SL are really going to mess with our minds :p

Sausehuhn
15th July 2007, 10:02 PM
Some additional things I noticed:

Even from underneath the ships are look really detailed.
Qirex (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/wipeoutHD/wohd_qirexdetail.jpg)

Goteki's indeed in the game.
Goeki (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/wipeoutHD/wohd_goteki.jpg)

Some speedpads seem to float over the track which looks very confusing to me.
Sppedpad (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/wipeoutHD/wohd_speedpad.jpg)

Mad-Ice
15th July 2007, 10:24 PM
It just keeps on being better and better and more different track surfaces, many different looks to the game and special lighting effects. Awesome all the way!!!:hyper

Dr. Angryman
15th July 2007, 10:47 PM
It's like a WipEout variety blend! :)

Spotted another slogan!

Piranha: With Added Bite

YAY! :D

mclarensmps
16th July 2007, 05:17 AM
that track in the trailer you posted is so friggin addictive...

eLhabib
16th July 2007, 07:47 AM
From a technical standpoint, this looks absolutely incredible, very smooth, crisp, beautiful lighting. Seeing as this is just a 'transitional' title to tide us over to the 'real' PS3 wipEout, it's amazing how much work they have put into it. However, I really hope that they return to a somewhat darker, grittier look for the 'real' PS3 game. This is starting to get WAY too colorful for my taste (can you say F-Zero?). I would love to see the original wipEout look return, but with photorealistic textures. Anyone with me on this?

RingoSpoon
16th July 2007, 12:09 PM
I totally agree - Give us that bleak industrial look :)

It wont be until I am flying down here (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...F5000_tilt.jpg) at 700+ Kph that I will be truly satisfied :)

Sausehuhn
16th July 2007, 12:13 PM
I may agree for Moa Therma, but especially Chenghou project looks really good to me. So does Anulpha Pass (except for the gold parts maybe).
All in all I'm very satisfied with what I've seen so far :)

Medusa
16th July 2007, 01:59 PM
Yes eLhabib I am totally with you on that. Here's hoping!

Colin Berry
16th July 2007, 02:49 PM
Its early days, more details will be released in August afaik

Dr. Angryman
16th July 2007, 05:31 PM
In August? WOOT! :rock

Any specific dates?

Lance
16th July 2007, 09:14 PM
''A friend in speed.''
I like that.

Spiral Motion
16th July 2007, 10:16 PM
I'm really in favour of a gritty look. As much as I enjoy the look of pure and pulse, I don't think they have the edgy kind of look that WipEout and 2097 had.

The future is too bright and clean! Bring back the darkened, run down buildings with just a splash of neon colouring on the tracks.

Dr. Angryman
16th July 2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah, It would be nice if it had an XGRA kinda feel, but I like it either way.

angelino
17th July 2007, 03:10 AM
Footage looks cool IMO, really makes me wonder what the guys have up their sleeves for the fully fledged PS3 WipEout title!

Dogg Thang
17th July 2007, 08:20 AM
I think it's great to have the look we've seen in Pure (and will see in Pulse) realised in HD with the same feel. There were quite a few dark courses in Pure (Staten Park, Exostra and Sinucit) and I'm sure one or more of those will make it into HD. It's just that the three tracks they've shown so far have been bright. There's plenty more to come.

_Ti__
18th July 2007, 12:33 AM
I just dont like the feeling of the game, it looks too "clean" and a bit toy-ish. a blur effect would be good too. and why purple engines? deep blue is so much more aewsome!

Dr. Angryman
18th July 2007, 01:07 AM
A bit toy-ish? You mean a bit too round and soft? I think that it looks fine. I would like to see some open sections on the ships, you know, to show some of the circuits and machinery inside the ships.

Colin Berry
18th July 2007, 02:36 PM
There is a European games conference in late August in Leipzig, I'd expect more detail around that time

Sausehuhn
18th July 2007, 03:34 PM
Games Convention :)

Hellfire_WZ
18th July 2007, 04:37 PM
Shame the Playstation Experience stopped over here and Game Stars Live was cancelled, we haven't had a games convention in London for a good few years now. They probably could have shown it off there as well... :(

Dr. Angryman
18th July 2007, 05:08 PM
I wonder what info SL's gonna drop on us. Maybe something about the true next WipEout for the PS3? :rolleyes:

Can't wait until August, which is, sadly, too far away for me. :frown:

Well, Sayonara!

DawnFireDragoon
18th July 2007, 10:49 PM
I just dont like the feeling of the game, it looks too "clean" and a bit toy-ish. a blur effect would be good too. and why purple engines? deep blue is so much more aewsome!

agreed, the first thing i thought was, no, not purple, 2097/xl blue was perfect.

Chill
19th July 2007, 12:15 AM
Wipeout is a bit too clean nowadays... I always liked the thought of dirty weather (rainy, cloudy) along with dirty roads and oil markings (or other markings), foggy, realistic water streams in the road, and dirty dangerous weapon systems... with bad-8$$ music-!- 8)

mclarensmps
19th July 2007, 04:28 AM
Just like F1 in real life! It went from ragtag teams with barely any resources and dirty garages, to the modern clinically efficient team motorhomes, spotless garages, and trained to spec team members.

Therefore, I don't mind the look of a cleaner WO (don't get me wrong though, I would love to have the grit look back), I see it as the evolution from backyard garage AG teams, to full corporation interest.

(edit: I always end up being the first post on the next page lol)

DawnFireDragoon
19th July 2007, 01:05 PM
looking at the HD trailers and even Pulse to some degree, the series does seem to be moving towards a more 'colourful' and neon look. Someone mentioned F-Zero before and that's not a bad thing, it's just Wipeout should be dark and gritty. I'm a tad worried they'll go too far. Hopefully i'm wrong though and they'll look good in the finished version, and Wipeout PS3 will just be awesome as well.

Chill
20th July 2007, 02:34 AM
Exactly as I thought!! On the money! :D

Wamdue
29th July 2007, 09:11 PM
Just skimmed through the thread. First video posted I felt like I _wanted_ to like it but didn't really feel any excitement. Then I watched the vid annoucing a couple of tracks in high-res and now I'm.. actually considering forking up the 5k SEK for a Playstation 3.. Argh..

infoxicated
29th July 2007, 09:29 PM
Wait until the proper lighting and effects are in the levels - then you'll need to fork out for a PS3... like I'll be doing! :dizzy

Dr. Angryman
29th July 2007, 09:48 PM
I hope the next "real" WipEout will get people to buy a PS3.

RJ O'Connell
30th July 2007, 09:23 PM
I hope this game is pre-installed on my Hard Drive if I ever get my hands on a PlayStation 3 (likely requiring the sale of my Xbox 360, I just know it :/)

Frances_Penfold
19th September 2007, 02:39 AM
These APPEAR to be new screens but apologies if they are in fact old. Supposedly they were posted today.

Looks awesome :)

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5083_en.html

Chill
19th September 2007, 06:55 PM
I love it!! Especially since they actually seem to have dirty fume/oil stains!!!

Chill
21st September 2007, 04:36 AM
New gameplay video added! :)

rdmx
21st September 2007, 04:42 AM
Why is the preview picture of a G-Tech ship in Fusion 0.o

q_dmc12
21st September 2007, 07:08 AM

Wow, somebody sucks at this:p

Chill
21st September 2007, 03:04 PM
I wondered about that too insertcoin, and thought what the hell!! But then played it and saw something different, mabye they didn't want to make a picture for it and decided those colors matched the colors on the vid, lazy bastards!! :p

Well, I doubt the player had a lot of time to practice on it... I'd probably be the same way, lol. ;)

rdmx
22nd September 2007, 03:27 AM
You'll find most journalists who play Wipeout especially at previews are pretty rubbish at the game. I was waiting to see whether he would go and get himself blown up!
He obviously hasn't played Wipeout Pure before (didn't absorb)

zargz
22nd September 2007, 10:13 AM
and didn't shoot either. 8)
the time trap though is brilliant - just a red(or green if you are ahead) number to show how far behind you are,
not a whole sentence like in pure, that's a bit annoying.
Great! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/thumbup.gif

Alex_Se
23rd September 2007, 03:11 PM
Sounds sweet.
Sound effects and graphics are really balanced and synchronized.

Frances_Penfold
23rd September 2007, 03:16 PM
You'll find most journalists who play Wipeout especially at previews are pretty rubbish at the game. I was waiting to see whether he would go and get himself blown up!
He obviously hasn't played Wipeout Pure before (didn't absorb)

This ends up being a problem of sorts for advertising the game-- I would guess the game looks MUCH more intriguing and inspiring when played by someone that has even a little bit of experience with the game-- much less if that let Asayeah demo it :)

Granted, preview vids like this often are made by folks that aren't EXPERTS but IMHO it seems like the execution in Wipeout is especially poor.

lunar
27th September 2007, 05:11 PM
Best not to say much about the flying "skills" :o And also about the so called "streaming" video on IGN.

But I love the HUD with the "incoming" warnings and the proximity readout. Very scary with Asa behind, I`m sure.

The flying looks pleasantly bouncy, and I also love the bit of track where a tilted ramp drops you down onto a flat surface, looks like fun. :rock

Mano
13th October 2007, 03:04 AM
Wait until the proper lighting and effects are in the levels - then you'll need to fork out for a PS3... like I'll be doing! :dizzy

I hear that, also look how good the pace feels even without soundtrack an with very little sound effects.

Music and sound are very important to feel the pace of the game.

i would love if someone puts one of the ships i drew a while ago on that engine.

now if they put negcon support via a ps2 to ps3 adapter i could bite (give me time to rob a bank first though)

Medusa
13th October 2007, 03:43 PM
(give me time to rob a bank first though) LOL! Don't forget to disguise yourself as Kel Solaar "losing version" before you go.

Sausehuhn
13th October 2007, 03:58 PM
If the SIXAXIS technology is used wisely, I can imagine very accurate handling with the motion sensor :)

Chill
13th October 2007, 10:59 PM
now if they put negcon support via a ps2 to ps3 adapter i could bite (give me time to rob a bank first though)

Never used a neggy, but it would probably rock with motion controll added to it!! :o

blackwiggle
14th October 2007, 03:31 PM
If the SIXAXIS technology is used wisely, I can imagine very accurate handling with the motion sensor :)

Yeah I hope so,I've been trying to use it playing Motorstorm and...well since with that game their is no ajustabilty it is far to sensitive,you end up weaving side to side with just the slightest movement.

I have yet to look and see if there is an option to do this in the latest 1.93 system software that I just downloaded.

That might be something to pester Sony with if Wipeout HD neglects to address this in the actual game setup,well maybe Sony could do something with a system update.
Either that or somebody works out some sort of system reg edit that could sort it out.

Dr. Angryman
21st October 2007, 08:15 PM
Here are two new vids of HD. Hope these haven't been posted yet:

http://www.playscope.com/@@@16007-wipeout_hd.html&medias=Videos

One shows a Feisar on Chenghou Project, the other shows an AG Systems ship on Anulpha Pass. I really like the detail on the ships. Can't wait for HD! :)

tapioca
21st October 2007, 09:07 PM
Damn… 'Looks like you've been faster than me in posting the link, Dr Angryman !
I really dig the Auricom stars rising in the tunnel on Anulpha Pass… Nice effect.

Rapier Racer
21st October 2007, 09:22 PM
Aaaaww I want it now lol

Sausehuhn
21st October 2007, 10:01 PM
I hope they'll add the blur and the additional thrusters after a turbo (pad).
And, even though it sounds realisitc, the airbrakes are a bit too dominant in comparisson with the other sounds used :)

Lion
22nd October 2007, 12:36 AM
that must be from a later build than most of the other footage I've seen... speedpads and such look a little different
I agree that the airbrakes have a good sound but it's too loud.
the sound when someone uses a turbo is AWESOME, sort of a controlled explosion

the shield being shaped specifically for the ship is good

what made me happier than anything else in that video? 3, 2, 1, go!
no more ready, go!!!

also nice to see a halfway competent pilot in a video :)

Chill
22nd October 2007, 04:22 AM
Wasn't able to see them, but I agree that 3, 2, 1, go is better than ready, go...

Rapier Racer
22nd October 2007, 05:21 PM
Now to start the 'Bring back Curly' petition

Dr. Angryman
22nd October 2007, 10:49 PM
If you look closely at one of the Feisar's, you can see a logo that looks a bit like Curly. To late too tell, however.

SL, please bring Curly back! :nod

Chill
23rd October 2007, 06:49 AM
Bring back Curly!!! :D

Sausehuhn
23rd October 2007, 09:49 AM
they won't :)

Dr. Angryman
23rd October 2007, 10:56 AM
:eek WTF is that?!

Chill
24th October 2007, 02:07 AM
That's a dog or cat dude. That's not curly... :lol

Medusa
24th October 2007, 03:14 AM
"Fu-mo, fumo-fum-o-ffu...." Great now I have that stuck in my head...That's what that thing reminds me of. (Blarg!)

supersocks
24th October 2007, 04:16 PM
It's an animal.

Btw, Sausehuhn. Where did you find large version of that screenshot? There was small resolution one in playstation.com which I'm using as PSP background but want also one for my laptop. :)

Angryman
24th October 2007, 04:27 PM
Has this been posted?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174237

Nice video of possibly Flash class, some good piloting skill too.
And a bonus 2097 comparison video on the site too. :)

Chill
25th October 2007, 01:52 AM
Cool!!! :+ I can't even imagine how it would fly Phantom online!!

jmoid
26th October 2007, 09:19 PM
Has this been posted?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174237

Nice video of possibly Flash class, some good piloting skill too.
And a bonus 2097 comparison video on the site too. :)

Thanks for the link - that looks splendid. I'm officially excited now.

infoxicated
27th October 2007, 12:10 AM
:eek WTF is that?!
That's the Lunar Parcs cat. :)

Dr. Angryman
27th October 2007, 03:28 AM
Interesting, but it looks a bit creepy. :eek Besides, nothing beats Curly, IMHO. :D

Sausehuhn
27th October 2007, 07:20 AM
Isn't it a bit ironic to have japanese letters on a craft advertising Europe? ;)

supersocks
27th October 2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe that's just an advert for some well-known sushi restaurant in Chenghou.

infoxicated
27th October 2007, 10:13 AM
Isn't it a bit ironic to have japanese letters on a craft advertising Europe? ;)

You take your sponsors where you can get them. :)

Maybe that race is in Japan and the Lunar Parcs logo has been localised. :D