PDA

View Full Version : Team Ideas

aykay
8th July 2007, 05:02 AM
anybody have any cool team ideas? with the advent of the skin editor/custom livery features we have all the opportunity in the world to invent our own backstories.

I was spending a little time in CS3 tonight making logos. I'll upload em later to show off.

Chill
8th July 2007, 05:28 AM
I've always wanted to create my own craft called the Zytaca AP-3 (3 air-portals) when I was in Jr. High. I drew all kinds of blue prints of it and everything. I'll probably add my own backstory and skin and everything to that... ;)

aykay
8th July 2007, 05:59 AM
I don't have a name yet, but my team will probably be entering to promote a new campaign into space. the US space program is currently so hard up for cash, I would imagine they would stay that way even 200 some odd years into the future as well...what better way to raise some capital?

either that, or I'll be totally ridiculous and go with a ship sponsored by a board of billionaire ninja otaku trying to meet cute girls. (I think I like that better, hahah. I can imagine a board of snazzy suits w/ ninja heads sweating over the possibilities.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Automaticka/otakustylecopy.jpg

----------

some cute logo sketches for my nerdy ninja team. haha.

they're definitely rough. I'd like to smooth the edges out all vectory if possible when the skin editor comes around. we'll see, but until then...

Egg
8th July 2007, 11:42 AM
That logo's a little bit busy ... maybe concentrate on laying out the word 'otaku' with one simple, clean emblem. Also, look at the ships and see how much room you've got to play with.

That's what we normally do in the SL Ship .. er, 'department.' ;)

Frances_Penfold
8th July 2007, 03:55 PM
What do we know about how the actual graphics can be "entered" to the PSP? Drawing detailed icons and such using the d-pad sounds like a pain in the neck. Is there going to be an option for uploading a JPG file, e.g., one that was made in photoshop or drawing software? (I'm guessing so, just curious :) )

aykay
8th July 2007, 04:18 PM
yeah, the "otaku style" thing was thrown in last minute. it's not even in a very good font. but I do think that'll be the team's slogan.

that, or "we like pretty girls".

as far as the editor goes...I don't really know. but, I'm almost positive we're gonna see an offline homebrew version. we'll see how things turn out. (I've actually made complex logos with a d-pad paintbrush....the last game was armored core: formula front).

Egg
8th July 2007, 04:24 PM
"Drawing detailed icons and such using the d-pad sounds like a pain in the neck."

And that's the reason why it's not a PSP application. You knock up your ship skin using your PC, then lob it onto your memory stick and the game picks it up.

As for features and functionality, all I'm going to tell you is that it's very easy to use. Beyond that, my lips remain sealed ..

Frances_Penfold
8th July 2007, 05:34 PM
^^
Oh hey, that's cool!

I'll look forward to creating a logo this fall. Maybe the supported resolution(s) of the uploaded logo will be released before Pulse is released so we can start practicing our artwork over the summer :)

q_dmc12
8th July 2007, 11:20 PM
hell yeah!:hyper

aykay
8th July 2007, 11:30 PM
wow, I just realized egg was part of SL. now I'm even more excited to show off some more polished designs....hahah.

I've got a really cool idea for the "space program" team logo, and I'm gonna vector the stuff before I show them again.

I really hope I can get a chance to skin Tigron. I think that ship would look so cool with a WWII style paint job. (grinning shark on the front and slashes for ships destroyed etc etc.)

q_dmc12
9th July 2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, that thing looks soo much like a MiG 21 Fishbed:bat

Chill
9th July 2007, 03:29 AM
WOW!!!!!! Nice logo!!!! :) We should be able to make slogans too!!! Like this one: I'm so fast, I pass GAS!!!! :D j/k.

mclarensmps
9th July 2007, 06:26 AM
Not a fictional team here, but this is an idea I am playing with for pulse. Haven't decided whether I want to skin the Qirex or the Piranha with the livery, but here's the logo so far as I see it.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6223/mclarenwipeoutlogo2nm3.jpg

aykay
9th July 2007, 08:07 AM
looks pretty cool man. I can't wait to get my hands on this editor and see just what it can do.

Sausehuhn
9th July 2007, 12:29 PM
I see the idea behind the logo, mclarensmps - catching the Mercedes star. Though, at least for me, it has too many different object combined to one. Like Egg was saying: a logo has to be very simple.
Don't get me wrong, I do like your idea nonetheless :)

Here's an idea I got in mind when I saw your logo's shape: