PDA

View Full Version : online handle

mdhay
29th June 2007, 02:43 PM
Is pulse's going to be like killzone liberation?

Rapier Racer
29th June 2007, 02:51 PM
I think it should just be the same as Pure with a 3 letter tag above the ship a full name would get messy, there are going to be online ranking right? So maybe if they have tables for example, your full handle will appear with your tag at the side

mdhay
29th June 2007, 02:57 PM
I mean making the account, not the name.

Sausehuhn
29th June 2007, 03:06 PM
Oh god. I think I'll have to be fast to reserve my account name early enough there :cold

mdhay
29th June 2007, 03:34 PM
you will have a very high chance of using your own name, so there is no way that you can't but I will use my name as it seems to be a good idea.

Sausehuhn
29th June 2007, 03:40 PM
Sure for "Sausehuhn", but maybe I'm going for something different this time? :rolleyes:

Chill
29th June 2007, 04:28 PM
Chill's probably gonna be taken... it usually is for everything else!!!! MAN!!!!!

RJ O'Connell
29th June 2007, 04:30 PM
Mine's going to be RJ, RJ O'Connell, Frogger, or Blinky.

rdmx
30th June 2007, 02:13 AM
Mine's gonna be radium or radium.au
Why? Cause thats what I use everywhere!
I don't really want to race under 'insertcoin' :S

Maybe everyone can register under WZ'name' such as WZasayyeah or WZTask or WZinfoxicated or WZinsertcoin (but WZradium sounds better :P)
We shall be know not only by our craft skin but our nickname too :D

q_dmc12
30th June 2007, 04:19 AM
I have heard ideas like that before, it is great for a few weeks then gets old fast and people start creating accounts under different names. I for one will keep things simple with my usual name, q_dmc12 or tag, DMC.:D

stin
30th June 2007, 06:11 AM
I like that idea as WZstin, I will do that for wipeout.

stevie:)

mdhay
30th June 2007, 06:37 AM
you will know who I am 'cos i will have my graffiti-like team logo skin if it will work (It should be noted that I am only a paper graffiti artist.) mdh <--

The Gracer
30th June 2007, 06:43 AM
Perhaps i could go for WZGracer? WZKarbon sounds better - its another handle i use sometimes, usually for profiles in games such as need for speed.

mdhay
30th June 2007, 06:49 AM
that pic isn't graff~like is it? only the dom's colurs are like a qirex....I don't like them.......

Hellfire_WZ
30th June 2007, 09:47 AM
I like the idea of having WZ at the front of our handles, sounds like a clan tag used in most other online games. It'd certainly raise the profile of the site if the top of the rankings are plastered with players with WZ in their names ;)

In fact, I think I already did that when I reserved my PS3 username. :)

phl0w
30th June 2007, 10:41 AM
Would be great, if there was some kind of ranking like the one seen in Mario Kart DS, where your process from single player gave an impression of your average skill as a driver. Not that it's hard to get Golds in W'O'' TT, but it would be something to earn 1-3 stars (or whatever icon they decide on) that are shown next to your online tag. In MKDS, getting 3 stars was quite a reputation and showed your dedication for the game. Also, it made sure that if you searched globally for "equally skilled" you were set up only against others with a proper amount of stars.

Since purE didn't feature infrastructure online play, such a system was obsolete, but I think it would work really well. But then again, we know nothing about how Pulse will set people up against each other online, if there are channels and whatnot...

Task
30th June 2007, 10:53 AM
... or WZTask or ...That's my username on all the registered sites where "Task" is already taken. 8 )

Frances_Penfold
30th June 2007, 02:34 PM
I try to use FrancesPenfold or a similar handle in all online gaming stuff. It makes it a lot easier to have continuity across forums and platforms :)

Would be great, if there was some kind of ranking like the one seen in Mario Kart DS, where your process from single player gave an impression of your average skill as a driver. Not that it's hard to get Golds in W'O'' TT, but it would be something to earn 1-3 stars (or whatever icon they decide on) that are shown next to your online tag. In MKDS, getting 3 stars was quite a reputation and showed your dedication for the game. Also, it made sure that if you searched globally for "equally skilled" you were set up only against others with a proper amount of stars.

I agree, that would be wonderful.

I expect that, even in "random" online play, that folks from this site will see each other around a lot, and learn to recognize each other handles, skins etc. But if there's some sort of proper lobby and game hosting options, it'll be even easier.

rdmx
1st July 2007, 01:08 AM
Here's to hoping for a lobby system, and not a random 'see what games are in progress system'.
We have to be easy on some of the newbies though, to keep them racing :)
Since I can never see anyone else's weapons on Kai (let alone anyone elses ships!!!), this will be the first time I'll be able to fire a plasma up someone's ass! Unless it's ASA, he would've sped up like a _________ before I even get a weapon :dizzy

q_dmc12
1st July 2007, 02:09 AM
yup:p

I'm guessing it will be somewhat similar to socom ftb's online tables (ftb is the only infrustructure game I own).

mdhay
1st July 2007, 06:56 AM
It might be like the portable ops lobby, where it tells you how many members are in a lobby, games and their connection status, and friend and ignore lists.(innovation maybe?)
For clarity, I have put 'members', because you make your handle there and then (easy for me?)