PDA

View Full Version : 1. FC Nuernberg wins german football cup 2007

Tomahawk
27th May 2007, 08:12 AM
Last night the final match for the german football cup 2007 was played. Our town's team 1. FC Nuernberg was up against our this year's league champion VfB Stuttgart. I was watching the game with about 40.000 to 50.000 other fans on a big screen right in the middle of nuernberg's main marketplace. It was a really thrilling game which our team won 3:2 after extra time! :hyper

Our city is celebrating this victory as if there were no tomorrow because it's been quite a long time since our team has won this titel. The last time 1. FC Nuernberg was in the finals of the german football cup was 25 years ago. We had been up against Bayern Muenchen at that time and lost 2:4. The last time we had won the cup was in 1962 - 45 years ago!

1. FC Nuernberg was known as the "elevator team of the german bundesliga" because we kept ascending and descending between our first and second football league for the last decades. This makes it even more astonishing that we were able to win the cup this year, don't you think? :D

infoxicated
27th May 2007, 10:01 AM
Awesome!

Must have been some night in Nuernberg :D

mdhay
27th May 2007, 11:00 AM
Two years before england won the world cup! There seems to be quite a few good games recently: Celtic beating Dunfermeline, A.C milan beating liverpool,(however,I also support liverpool :-they are my fav team from england.) and this one.You are as chuffed as anything aren't you!!!

Asayyeah
27th May 2007, 02:30 PM
50000 people on marketplace enjoying this great moment together : drinking :beer & :beer & also :beer sure you had a short night !
Congrats to your team :+

G'Kyl
27th May 2007, 07:19 PM
You should have seen Hamburg when one of the local soccer teams, St. Pauli, went from regional back to 2nd Bundesliga a few days ago. They brought the World Cup back again. :)

Tomahawk
31st May 2007, 05:19 PM
Awesome!

Must have been some night in Nuernberg :D

It was! I've seen lots of people partying in nuernberg when we had some world cup games in our town last year, but at the cup finals last saturday it seemed like everyone in our town was on their feet, crying, screaming and cheering...

You should have seen Hamburg when one of the local soccer teams, St. Pauli, went from regional back to 2nd Bundesliga a few days ago. They brought the World Cup back again. :)

I've heard about it, but I haven't seen any pictures or videos of it, yet. I'm really happy that St. Pauli made it back into the 2nd league. I like St. Pauli very much, too.

For everybody who is interested in it, I've found some really great videos on youtube about this years german footbal cup final. Here's the links:

video part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrvcbVhFhg

video part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibiwobCwok

video part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8M3teKjcg

The commentary is in german, but the scenes from the game are really awesome. Now you can all see what a dramatic match this has been. :D

infoxicated
31st May 2007, 10:10 PM
Watched the third one - the final goal was superb!

What's with the Status Quo, though? ;) (not that I can talk - I was listening to their greatest hits just last week!)

Tomahawk
1st June 2007, 04:15 PM
That song from Status Quo is always played when our heros enter the arena before a match begins. :)

il_NIK
4th June 2007, 02:09 PM
Awesome!

Next year: Champions League. Congratulations mate! :+

Tomahawk
5th June 2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks Nik, but sadly no champions league for our team next year. UEFA-Cup will have to do... It's simply fantastic, that 1. FC Nuernberg plays football on the international stage once more, though. Last time we managed to get into the UEFA-Cup was about 20 years ago!