PDA

View Full Version : Job has ended today

Asayyeah
25th May 2007, 04:48 PM
That could have been a sad topic but hell yeah NO !
Actually i am pretty happy now to have more free time to let me play my WipeoutS :beer
Shakes Al shakes :g : my mega 'all-wipeouts practise' for your big tournament has begun !!

Lance
25th May 2007, 04:55 PM
I was happy to leave my last regular job. :)

Chill
26th May 2007, 02:04 AM
Ya, me too. That meant I was about to go into the Air Force and actually put my High School Diploma and good grades to use, as I didn't have enough money for college. I had to work outside in the winter, walking up and down steep hills in the apple orchards!!! All day, starting at 4 in the morning, ending at 10 at night. 7 days a week. No fun. Another reason why to call me "Chill", ha ha!!

q_dmc12
26th May 2007, 02:24 AM
did you you walk bare-foot in the snow 5 miles each way? ;)

Lance
26th May 2007, 03:06 AM
No, that was in kindergarten. ;)

mdhay
26th May 2007, 07:08 AM
what is it like,working?I figure it is better than school,providing your job is what you enjoy doing most.

Mad-Ice
26th May 2007, 07:51 AM
Ohh no everybody watch out for Asayyeah!!! Now that he even got more spare time, we have to practise harder. I hope you will find a new job very soon, for lets say 60 hours a week!! ;)

Enjoy your free time mate! Greetings Mad-Ice. :D

stin
26th May 2007, 09:10 AM
Exactly!, mad-ice, it`s us to deal with him!

If Tiger Woods read this then he would be running scared!

stevie:D

Asayyeah
26th May 2007, 12:08 PM
loll good ones :D

i ve planned 4 months till october where WipEout will be my main ' target '.
Although i will have to help & work for my parents who are quite old ( hey! they beat you, Lance, by more than 10 years :D )

il_NIK
26th May 2007, 12:27 PM
Exactly Mad-ice!

A work like mine, 60 hours a week, and two childs and ... several bikes to ride on!

:D :D

I'm searching for a worker in my shop (but I prefer pretty girls - I don't remember why :D -)

Chill
26th May 2007, 09:50 PM
did you you walk bare-foot in the snow 5 miles each way? ;)

Was this question directed to me? What a sarcastic question!! Now as I should reply with some witty sarcastic answer, ummm, can't think of one, whatever... ;)

Lance
26th May 2007, 11:13 PM
I thought it was intended as humour, Logan.

Riccardo Raccis
26th May 2007, 11:21 PM
Blimey. How did your job end Asa? (if I may ask)

Exactly Mad-ice!

A work like mine, 60 hours a week, and two childs and ... several bikes to ride on!

:D :D

I'm searching for a worker in my shop (but I prefer pretty girls - I don't remember why :D -)

Ehi Nik, I need a job. Do you accept physicists?

Asayyeah
27th May 2007, 02:23 PM
Blimey. How did your job end Asa? (if I may ask)
End of contract : mission complete :D

Rapier Racer
27th May 2007, 07:25 PM
Oh no like we need you having extra practice time!!! There is only one way forward from here you must be eliminated before lap 2

lunar
27th May 2007, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on your freedom Arnaud :) I will contact Mr Sarkozy to see if he will give you a new job in the government as "Minister of Wipeout". Unfortunately this would leave you with little time to play the game and destroy our records. Shame. ;)

Chill
28th May 2007, 02:07 AM
I thought it was intended as humour, Logan.

I know, thank you for making that clear anyway. I wasn't totally serious either, but I am now.

Asayyeah
28th May 2007, 02:59 PM
I will contact Mr Sarkozy to see if he will give you a new job in the government as "Minister of Wipeout". Unfortunately this would leave you with little time to play the game and destroy our records. Shame. ;)

Ermmm got a phone call today, job center, asking me if i am interested for a new mission 6 months with possibilities to guarantee me a long term contract after those 6 months.

Damn i don't know if you really phoned Mister president or maybe the whole WZ community sent a petition to him but they haven't wasted time to contact me !!! :robot

Unfortunately No ministry of WipEout there :( , this a job at a call center focused on insurance & bank to check customer's accounts ... :robot

I have an appointment in middle of june and will see what happends there.
One thing is sure i am not very interested in their proposal ( actually not in this current WipEout year ) so i need to create a piece of trickery :g

q_dmc12
29th May 2007, 01:32 AM
don't get too busy in work, wouldn't want to miss the Tournament at Al's place.:naughty

Chill
27th June 2007, 07:17 AM
Speaking of work, standby for my job sucks a**!! I've only been awake for 2 days straight!!!! I'm in at work right now, this is just an hour break before I can deliver another stupid MICAP (life-dependent shipment) out. Military being ready 24/7 really means 24/7, NO JOKE!! They give you a cell phone for a week, so that you can be called into work at anytime on top of working normal hour shifts. Everytime I hear that phone ring... F#&%!!!!

I was given the day off today to recuperate and sleep, but not an hour into my sleep I was called in for Bay Orderly (to clean around the dorms all day)!!

Medusa
29th June 2007, 03:42 AM
On call is at least better than being dead, which is probably the worst possible negative about working for the military (depending on how much you love your life I guess). After all you signed up, right?;)

I don't like my job either but it was my choice and it pays the bills...and I still have time for a little Wipeout on the side.

Hopefully you get a good long break soon, Chill. Nothing like sleep to relieve stress. Well, maybe a good stiff drink and then sleep...bye I'm gone to sleep.

Chill
29th June 2007, 05:23 AM
True-true, but if I was dead I wouldn't be alive to complain about it now would I? ;)