PDA

View Full Version : Psp 2

Dav657
17th May 2007, 08:23 PM
Well it isn't confirmed yet but Sony is thinking about this device. So if the new PSP is launched(if ever) What new features would you guys like to see on it?
Anything that would make it better? Hard drive, second analog nub? Just like you guys opinion on this. Also would you buy it?

Click here to see! (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-hardware-refresh-coming-this-year-says-report-63523.html)

mdhay
17th May 2007, 08:47 PM
i would like to see 2 nubs on it because coded arms was let down because of the ONLY nub, and that made it :turd (touch screen would be nice, come to think of it)

Rapier Racer
17th May 2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah I heard about this before, 4 gigs of built in flash memory and a built in camera are what I heard, rumors are fine things eh.

A touch screen? How would one keep it clean lol

andy
17th May 2007, 09:38 PM
True.

Id like to have built in memory. Backwards compatible as always but with upscaling to a bigger resolution and with a longer battery life.

G'Kyl
18th May 2007, 05:33 AM
Touch screen? Not gonna happen. ;) Seriously, I just can't imagine Sony going Nintendo that obviously. And I don't think I'd like the idea of a second analog nub. It would be great as a whole, but we'd all have to get a second PSP just to play the new games... It COULD be smaller, but then I never had a problem with the size of the PSP. So, built-in camera sounds fine since you can buy one for the current model as well. Built in memory - same goes for that.
But then I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :)

Ben

q_dmc12
18th May 2007, 12:41 PM
Pressure-sensitive buttons

Medusa
18th May 2007, 04:22 PM
No way I'd buy it if it were ugly:D Seriously I would buy it if they managed to rid the system of showing "data corrupted" completely. One can only dream.

andy
18th May 2007, 07:54 PM
A rumble feature and analogue buttons.

q_dmc12
18th May 2007, 09:42 PM
No way I'd buy it if it were ugly:D Seriously I would buy it if they managed to rid the system of showing "data corrupted" completely. One can only dream.

They did, its called: fw 1.00 and 1.50:D

Chill
21st May 2007, 05:16 AM
Ability to easily connect it to a television or monitor, or a pair of screen glasses perhaps... with little or no cost. As long as kids don't use the glasses while walking around and crossing roads. Less destructable. Lighter. No touch-screen (unless the option to turn it off is available, I'd leave that to Nintendo, that's for the different side of society). If nobs or available, some handles.

username
21st May 2007, 11:16 AM
yes i agree with chill, the ability to connect it to tv with very little nr no cost would be exellent.
I dont want a touch screen, becauuse then it might to the crappy side of nintendo feel to it, However perhaps 2 analogs would be good, but only if put togeather in a really nice looking way.
rumbling pad would drain battery life to hell so i wouldnt like that.
and a must: more responsive analogue sticks! with mine, it either seems to be left, right or down/up. There is hardly any middle as there is only 5 different positions i think ive heared!
perhaps more click feedback from the buttons, and ones that cant get stuck down under the shell!
built in large ammount of memory, and system updates that can be backdated! Im on 3.40 and have to wait for ages for a backdate now :( (there must be some way of completely reformattig it to factory settings!)

Max A K Challie
21st May 2007, 11:43 AM
First of all, we don't need it. The more information released on the console, the less sales the original PSP will receive. I think Sony should wait a few more years.

I would like to see a second analog stick, and have both of them much more like the analog sticks on the PS2. Yep; big, comfortable, L3/R3 compatible. And I'd like them to actually be named sticks, not nubs. A second set of shoulder buttons. I could go for sensitive buttons as well, and have the shoulder buttons much like those of the Xbox. To be able to connect online without needing Wireless would be great.

Take the graphics away from this cheap look and make them more like the PS2. I've noticed it in a lot of games, most prominently Test Drive Unlimited and Daxter. Comparing them to PS2 games, the PSP's graphics almost look like they were made in Flash. It feels minature.

Concluding my view of the perfect PSP 2: yeah, my one would be massive. And the gameplay would be awesome.

A touch-screen would not go down well with the style of Sony's manufacturing. One could easily put something through it, I think.

Camera: unnecessary. Internal memory: unnecessary.

Sony could have easily got away with larger space for the nub to travel, which would allow insane amounts of sensitivity compared to the previous nub. I noticed that some of the new white ones have this, which kind of pisses me off.

Rapier Racer
22nd May 2007, 11:54 AM
Internal memory unnecessary, I disagree, tell me what good a PSP is without a memory stick?

q_dmc12
22nd May 2007, 02:56 PM
I think he means internal memory as in a hardrive or possilby RAM..

infoxicated
22nd May 2007, 02:57 PM
If they brought out a new one with 8Gb internal memory, expandable via the memory card slot then I'd be all over it. :D

Lance
22nd May 2007, 03:02 PM
8GB internal flash would be yummy. :)

q_dmc12
22nd May 2007, 03:14 PM
Yummy?!!:blarg Somebody has been playing too much Katamari Damacy:banzai

Lance
22nd May 2007, 04:39 PM
More like eating too many chocolate bars, and too much of sweet potatoes in syrup.

Lots of internal memory is a tasty treat.

Max A K Challie
27th May 2007, 12:46 PM
I did mean HDD storage. More RAM is always nice.

I just don't see the point. I think it's a waste of space and money when it could be spent on other features, especially with the option of memory sticks. Plus with memory sticks, you can customize your memory to suit your budget or needs. I don't have a 4GB stick because I don't need one, I'm happy with 1GB. If it was restricted to internal memory, one may be spending more money than they need to. Then there's the option of different versions, like how they have it with MP3 players. But maybe I would like to upgrade later on? Memory sticks just offer more, in my opinion.

Sausehuhn
27th May 2007, 06:17 PM
Flash memory is cheap these days and doesn't take much space in the console's housing. I'm pretty sure the flash memory build in were A LOT cheaper than the memory sticks.
So why not add 4GB intern if it does not cost much, won't kill the battery life to fast (flash memory doesn't need as much power as an HDD) and also won't make the PSP bigger in size?

Rapier Racer
27th May 2007, 07:18 PM
Well the way I see it, the option of memory sticks is not and option you need one end of story, I wonder how many people bought their kids a PSP base pack and a game or 2 only to later discover there was this bit missing from it.

Asayyeah
27th May 2007, 07:33 PM
Flash memory is cheap these days and doesn't take much space in the console's housing. I'm pretty sure the flash memory build in were A LOT cheaper than the memory sticks.
So why not add 4GB intern if it does not cost much, won't kill the battery life to fast (flash memory doesn't need as much power as an HDD) and also won't make the PSP bigger in size?

SSD aka Flash disk costs 15 time more than HDD ( compared to the price per Go) and the writting process is twice longer than hdd.
On the other side SSD is far superior in term of reading access datas, strengh (solidity), +20% range of power ( 0.2 / 0.5 W/hour ), totally noiseless.
Maybe a mix of that 2 system could be the solution : 256Mo SSD + 4 Gb HDD
8)

Max A K Challie
14th June 2007, 10:50 AM
I concur with Max. I was thinking a mix would really work; have a decent base memory of 4GB, but with the option to expand that through memory sticks. It would make things much easier for parents just trying to buy their kids something to play with.