PDA

View Full Version : Decided to change...

stin
21st April 2007, 03:02 PM
...my internet provider.

I will change from Telewest (Virgin Media) to BT, just to save money and hopefully for a good reason.

Virgin Media Internet keeps crashing which are pissing me off! also quite expensive to run!

For my calculations which works out per month, Virgin Media internet 1mb, phoneline and cable (which we never used cos Sky One is off the air) average £70(€100) per month.
BT internet 8mb, phoneline, average £20 (€40) per month.

Which saves me over £500 (€700) per year! Because I already have 42" LCD TV with freeview on it which has more channels than Virgin Media!!!

I`m planning to buy another Laptop hopefully this year.

Most importantly, I will lose my original E-Mail address but I will get a new one anyway.:)

Seriously, I have been loyal to Telewest which they have been great till Virgin Media merged this year and suddenly never has been right ever since! (Thanxs Sir R. Branson!)

stevie:)

borell
21st April 2007, 03:13 PM
"Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change"

(Scorpions - Wind of Change)

:g

infoxicated
21st April 2007, 04:17 PM
Now there's a classic! :)

Lance
21st April 2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that tune brings back my 'heavy metal' days, when metal was the only thing I listened to. Back in the early 90s, it was. When my hair wasn't grey yet. :)

Whatever happened to the Scorps, anyway? And is Michael Schenker still playing, doing solo work?

Hellfire_WZ
21st April 2007, 06:03 PM
They're still going, saw them support Judas Priest a couple of years ago.

stin
21st April 2007, 06:05 PM
Borell!

Just spot on! brilliant!:+

stevie:D

Rapier Racer
21st April 2007, 09:26 PM
WHAT NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

I am on BT right now and they have started throttling everyone and everything it is not a good idea Stin, I'm leaving, migrating to IDNet who offer a connection with none of this traffic shaping nonsense just a clean 30 gig cap which is 15 gigs more than I've ever used in a 1 month period.

Also do you know how MAX dsl works? It can take up to 10 days for your connection to settle down to the fastest the line can handle mine only took 4 however.

stin
22nd April 2007, 09:33 AM
Ok, but I will use BT phone-line first then I will think other internet connection and Telewest will stay on at the moment till everything gets sorted out in the mean time.

Cheers Stephen.

stevie:)