PDA

View Full Version : The Chunks at Harlech Court

Zerow
16th April 2007, 09:11 PM
I mentioned about this big event coming up for me in the EU convention thread, but didn't go into major details. Now with just one week and several hours to go untill it begins, it's time for more info.

This will be, quite simply, my first ever gig at Harlech Court next Tuesday from 5:30 P.M. The Chunks isn't really a band that I'm a full member of; myself along with a girl named Amy Preedy will just be guests during three of the songs (although I MIGHT also be on-stage when they do 'Knocking on Heaven's Door'). Amy will be at the mic and I'll be playing bass guitar. All of this may not sound like much, but I'll also be doing a solo during one of the songs. Pretty crazy, considering I only just had my first go on a bass last month. :o

BTW, this concert is invite only. Sorry guys! I don't think most of you know where Harlech Court is anyway, but I'll definitely look into getting some pics or even better still a video. :)

Lance
16th April 2007, 11:34 PM
Harlech? Like the castle? If so, that would sure be a hell of a dramatic place for a debut!

andy
17th April 2007, 08:51 PM
...Or some music ;)

Very cool and best of luck to you. :D

Zerow
18th April 2007, 05:53 PM
*UPDATE* I've also tentatively agreed to be on bass when they do the Welsh national anthem, and I'm very hurriedly learning how to play it. This is gonna be interesting!

I wonder how many other national anthems have a rock'n'roll variation? ;)

Tomahawk
18th April 2007, 06:25 PM
Great stuff you'll be doing your bass guitar live debut soon. I wish you all the best for it. Enjoy every minute of this event! I always had a hell of a time when I was playing live on stage with our band before we split. Every gig has it's own unique fantastic atmosphere...

stin
18th April 2007, 07:27 PM
Good luck and be calm then you will be sooo surreal!

Enjoy;)

stevie:)

Lance
18th April 2007, 10:03 PM
I wonder how many other national anthems have a rock'n'roll variation? ;)

All of them. :)

Medusa
19th April 2007, 02:30 AM
(All time best rockified anthem- The Star Spangled What the Heck??? by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock...)

Have a great night Zerow! Remember, when the drummer gets a little too hyper it's up to YOU to keep it all together:p

(Imagines a slow, walking bass line whilst the drummer goes into a punk-speed solo...eek)

q_dmc12
19th April 2007, 03:11 AM
Hey I was a drummer:hyper :p

Lance
19th April 2007, 12:41 PM
Why is it always the drummer that gets ragged on? :mucho`undecided:

Mad-Ice
19th April 2007, 01:53 PM
Good luck Zerow! I know it will be a blast on stage.

At Lance: Hear the drummer get wicked!!!

Lance
19th April 2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not a drummer; just sympathising after noticing a vEry common behaviour. ;D

Medusa
19th April 2007, 04:13 PM
(I think it's the drummer that always gets ragged on because he's always outnumbered by the guitars;) ie."Who's that guy that hangs around with the band? - that's the drummer" and so on...

Not too many jokes about the bass players though, thankfully for Zerow!

Mark Of Insanity
20th April 2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, there's so many Drummer jokes. What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine. With a drum machine you only have to punch in the information once. What's the difference between a drummer and a vaccuum cleaner? You have to plug a vaccum cleaner in before it starts sucking. etc!

I don't know why, but drummers do seem to get a lot of blame. But it's their fault. Ruddy drummers! :P

Have fun on Tuesday! Should be a blast.

q_dmc12
21st April 2007, 01:24 AM
oooh, that's mean! :pirate

Asayyeah
23rd April 2007, 07:26 PM
This will be, quite simply, my first ever gig at Harlech Court next Tuesday from 5:30 P.M. :)
Big day is coming tomorrow , Owen !!
Let the Force be with you
:guitar

Zerow
23rd April 2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Less than twenty four hours to go! I can now confirm that someone will be recording the event; so if I can get hold of the video, you guys can giggle at any mistakes I make along the way. ;)

Catch y'all laters! :+

Zerow
24th April 2007, 08:12 PM
Got back an hour or so ago. Everybody who attended said it was brilliant, so a good night's work, from the sounds of it! I think I made a bit of a mush-up of my solo, and my fingers hurt as I write this out from all the bass playing I've done today; in fact, the middle finger of my string-plucking hand has had a bit of it's skin shredded away, revealing the flesh underneath*. Still, could've been worse...

Someone did record the event, but the video's pending. Make no mistake though, I will try to bring it to you guys once it's been revealed.

* - Anyone here considering taking up guitar (whether it be acoustic or electric or bass) really ought to put this into consideration: you've no idea how much damage guitar playing can inflict on your fingers untill you experience it yourself. My music teacher tells me that my fingers will eventually toughen up, so playing will be nowhere near as punishing upon them.

andy
24th April 2007, 08:19 PM
cool :+ cant wait to see the video :D well done

Lance
24th April 2007, 09:29 PM
''My music teacher tells me that my fingers will eventually toughen up, so playing will be nowhere near as punishing upon them.''

That's true, but the tips will be so callused that they'll become pretty insensitive in ordinary use, especially on the fret hand. Although on bass, the picking fingers would get pretty toughened, too, much more than if you were just playing an acoustic lead guitar with bare fingers and no pick.