PDA

View Full Version : Wow, is this really the new Wipeout game?

rdmx
26th March 2007, 10:11 AM
Wow! First topic in this brand new sub-forum!
So did the developers decide on a name? Where is this information?
Gnargghhh, so excited!

stin
26th March 2007, 11:19 AM
What?!!! I think I will need go to hospital to check my Pulse!!

stevie:g

Asayyeah
26th March 2007, 11:32 AM
Awesome name perfectly fitted for a wipEout game:nod , yeah like Stin said , we need to watch carefully our heart & blood pressure ; surely great emotions for the future. :+

Colin Berry
26th March 2007, 12:36 PM
Yes the new PSP game is entitled Wipeout Pulse as those who attended the get together at the weekend were told (sounded like ace fun)

I REALLY want to spill my guts about it but uhm, I'm not sure I am allowed until the official press release which is due soon

:)

Mad-Ice
26th March 2007, 02:14 PM
Awesome name, especially for a sequal for the PSP.

supersocks
26th March 2007, 02:17 PM
ADRENALINE! :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
26th March 2007, 03:49 PM
Sweet, I've been waiting for this! :D

*warms up FAQing fingers*... *hold on, that sounds rude*

Hacker X
26th March 2007, 04:36 PM
Whoa! This is amazing. At least we have a name for the new PSP game. Thats a start. lol. Can't wait for the official press release.

andy
26th March 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm so glad it's going to be on the psp, couldn't possibly afford a ps3. Pulse is a perfectly suited name and I can't wait :D

Sausehuhn
26th March 2007, 06:15 PM
But now we can't use the shortform(s) WOP/WO:P anymore cause you won't now which game it is.

Nice name anyway! I'm really looking forward to that. But I've said that so many times at the weekend already ;)

Hacker X
26th March 2007, 07:30 PM
What event was this announced at exactly? I missed out on what happened.

q_dmc12
26th March 2007, 08:34 PM
AHH! I wasn't far off with my anxiety thread acouple months ago! :blarg

@Sause - WO:P (pure) WO:P2 (pulse).... or WO:Pr, WO:Pls . . . hmm this is a tough one......:pirate

PS> I have an ongoing theory about the ssid change but I'll say my peace and leave - I hope the SSID won't change :D (sony product...)

Rapier Racer
26th March 2007, 09:25 PM
Ah it should be a great game I am interested to see what will be in the press release, I don't know if it's too early to expect screen shots one would be sweet though :+

supersocks
26th March 2007, 09:40 PM
In case of wipEout, it's almost a tradition to release shots of untextured prototypes as early as possible. :D

Task
26th March 2007, 11:19 PM
Yes the new PSP game is entitled Wipeout Pulse

Cool! And I guess that means the winner is... yawnstretch!
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38549&postcount=13
Congratulations on your mad guessing skillz! 8 )

And to think... I _still_ don't have a PSP w/ Pure yet!
I'll have to fix that before Pulse is released and I fall disturbingly far behind. 8 D

KANDANG
27th March 2007, 03:11 AM
heh , maybe refer to wipeout pure as just "pure"

and the new wipeout pulse then claims "wp" :P / or pulse

whichever :banzai

q_dmc12
27th March 2007, 04:35 AM

Nice!:beer

Sausehuhn
27th March 2007, 08:02 AM
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Next-Wipeout-sequel-named-Wipeout-Pulse/pg/49/aid/87448

infoxicated
27th March 2007, 02:37 PM
Heh!

That's comedy circular internet news spread right there. PSPFanboy got it from WipeoutZone, PSPUpdates got it from there, and now you're linking to them, Max! :D

yawnstretch
27th March 2007, 08:31 PM

And to think... I _still_ don't have a PSP w/ Pure yet!
I'll have to fix that before Pulse is released and I fall disturbingly far behind. 8 D

WAHOOOOooOO! Oh I was completely stoked when I found out! :D

First I read the news on eurogamer, thinking to myself - "Oooh, that's a great name". Then I typed it into google and my post on wipeoutzone was the second result!!!!

To Colin and the rest of the team working on the new game - YOU GUYS ROCK & I LOVE WIPeOUT SOOOO MUCCHHHH

Was just thinking today how much wipEout has inspired me in my own life. I wrote my masters thesis on an aspect of wipEout and the original game encouraged me to become a graphic designer. I'm now a permanent media developer in a major software company and I OWE IT ALL TO WIPeOUT!

I'll get a PS3 as soon as I see a wipEout screenshot but in the meantime my PSP is primed for pulsE!

Medusa
29th March 2007, 02:33 AM
[PHP]And to think... I _still_ don't have a PSP w/ Pure yet!
I'll have to fix that before Pulse is released and I fall disturbingly far behind. 8 D[/PHP
Erm...me too...

Yippee, 2 more games for me to play...eventually. It's awesome how two new wipeouts came along, so close together! Or does it just seem that way to me?