PDA

View Full Version : xios v piranha

rhys
2nd June 2002, 07:06 PM
ok, this is it. i want 2 know whether xios or piranha are more popular.

based on which you personally like best! the one that you would choose for a race every time.

vote away!!!!

zaarock
4th June 2002, 12:21 PM
xios rules :D :wink:

jmoid
4th June 2002, 08:41 PM
i prefer xios actually, they're a bit more meaty, feels like they have a bit of weight. pirhana's too flimsy.

rhys
4th June 2002, 08:44 PM
thats what i think, piranha is a little 2 floaty! :)

Armoredgear7
11th June 2002, 11:08 PM
Well, as i havent actually *played* WoF yet, i cant comment anything about the performance of any of the ships, but I love Pirhana.

They look SO cool... not that big blob like Xios.

zaarock
12th June 2002, 01:17 PM
I love Pirhana.

They look SO cool... not that big blob like Xios.

armored gear7 the ships have upgrades the xios team fully upgraded is the coolest looking ship it has 3 motors and really it looks much more better than in the first upgrade.

JABBERJAW
12th June 2002, 10:53 PM
Rhys -- floaty!! none of the ships are floaty :D Do you mean how it turns? [/quote]

rhys
13th June 2002, 06:04 PM
i mean xios has a little feeling behind the turning, piranha just kinda goes mad when u turn...

cant explain it really!!! :wink:

Armoredgear7
14th June 2002, 11:26 PM
Aah.

Well you see, i havent seen any pictures of the upgraded ships... find me a page with them on or something then ill make another updated judgement :)

zaarock
15th June 2002, 11:25 AM
i havent found any pictures its stupid but when you get the game youll see but go to wipeout fusion.coms forums there have been talkings about the upgrades.

Wez
4th June 2003, 11:54 AM
A fully upgraded Xios is definitely the best looking ship in the game.

However, judging the non-upgraded ships, I like Piranha the most.

Piranha Advancements
5th June 2003, 02:11 AM
..On looks,Xios's upgraded AG ship strays too far from the original.

Performance wise is just a matter of preference in my opinion.

stin
5th June 2003, 05:54 AM
Well got to be Xios! its soo lovely design compared to Piranha`s ship but Piranha are slightly faster than Xios so Xios are much better weapons than Piranha therefor Xios are the best overall! 8)

stin :D

Neo-phyte A10
11th June 2003, 08:24 PM
As soon as I played as Zala Wolf I knew which ship was my favorite. I'd always choose a maxed out Xios over any other ship. It is definitely the best ship in the game, and also by far the coolest looking once you've got it fully upgraded. (Although I'd agree that the first two forms of it are ugly as hell.) My second favorite ship after Xios is definitely EGR. Also very, very cool looking when maxed out - plus the fast acceleration and weird handling work oddly well together. And is it just me or does playing as Paul Cheung get you some of most badass wepaons very frequently? I get like three or four Power Swarms per race with him, two or three quakes, two or three gravity bombs, lots of missiles ... I once eliminated SIX racers using him. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? Anyhow. The Piranha ships are just too squirrely and "high-strung" for me to race with - and ugly besides, IMO. Other ships I play often are Van Uber and Feisar - but they aren't fast enough really. Van Uber does have the second coolest super weapon, though. I love the seismic field!

A10

Jittery-Joe
25th June 2003, 07:12 PM
Come on...
Piranha have got to be the best. Fastest ship and best looking one.

Thruster2097
25th June 2003, 09:58 PM
But Xios has the vision-in-latex that is Ms Belmondo, and the logo reminds me of the old British Rail symbol, and I can never get the piranha superweapon to work properly.
GO XIOS!!! :P

McConnor
26th June 2003, 02:29 PM
erf i dislike both of them ^^ prefert Qirex or classical AG-system...

Jittery-Joe
28th June 2003, 07:17 PM
erf i dislike both of them ^^ prefert Qirex or classical AG-system...
I liked the Wip3out Auricom, me
new one aint so good
GO PIRANHA!

Tammiru
29th June 2003, 07:49 AM
Piranha is the ticket for me.. but thats due to my almost obsessive playing of 2097. ;)

-tammiru

beeurd
30th June 2003, 01:20 AM
I prefer Piranha over Xios, although I do hate the Piranha superweapon...

Auricom is my favourite out of all of them... I never really liked Qirex

FoxZero
1st July 2003, 12:11 AM
i dont qualify for this quiz because i havent played the game long enough to unlock the pirhana :oops: :cry:

fusionfrenzy
7th March 2004, 12:22 PM
The xios is better. I love racing with it. Me and my friend had 7 races on Florian heights couse 3 reverse. He is slightly worse than me, so he took Pirhana and i took xios, both fully upgraded with the 1st pilot. Here was the score, Wins:
Pirhana:1
Xios:6

He was leading nearly all the time, but Due to Piranha's flimsy shielding, he had to pit at least once per race, and that was where I got ahead. Also, I found it easy to eliminate him, beacuse Xios has a fantastic Weapon power, and i made more eliminations overall and needed to pit less.

Therefore, Xios rules!!

RJ O'Connell
7th March 2004, 03:51 PM
Let me chip in my two cents.

I think of comparisions between craft as if the F9000 were a real racing series. First off, there would be a few nags against Piranha that gives my my liking to the Xios Flying Finns.

1. Flick it and it falls apart. Yep, only the Van-Uber is flimsier in the entire series, I know they want to conserve weight and all but dudes, you were PERFECT in 2097. Also, the craft is very sensitive to damage. It loses about 50% or more of it's handling power if you damage the nose.

2. If this craft were real, expect a lot of mechanical failures. I base this on the shield energy and the results of the craft when run in AG League. Considering that Piranha have such a nimble, light, powerful craft, it's also reasonable to consider that it's very unreliable.

Just my take! :)

Sausehuhn
12th March 2004, 04:08 PM
xios is the better one, i think.

Yes, Piranha is faster, but ther super-weapon is more than just bad...
Xios has a better handling, the super-weapon is so much better than Piranha's one ane of course the shield-energy is higher (Piranha just have 98 - or?)

i really like Piranha (it has the better design) but i hate Pianha 1-3 just Piranha 4 is good, because 1, 2 and 3 have a bad handling, but when you play Xios, all versions (Xios 1-4) are good.

so all in all i think Xios is better than Piranha - but EG.r is the best of them all!!! :D

Sausehuhn

JABBERJAW
12th March 2004, 10:44 PM
Piranha cannot be touched for getting best times though, on any track in fusion. IF you don't hit the piranha with a weapon right away you are going to get blown away(even in xios) as soon as you need to start airbraking around turns.

piranha wiper
31st May 2004, 08:58 AM
piranha definatly is the best at most stuff like speed and weapons but sheild power is bit low, egr would be next on my list coz its got good health and cornering which helps

piranha is the bestest

Asayyeah
31st May 2004, 07:48 PM
8) Piranha 8)

Wipeput_Master001
16th September 2004, 10:15 PM
Well I only ever used Feisar and Xios to complete the game. The balance in the Xios craft is excellent in my opinion, and the craft it just the best one for me.

DaMiGi63
9th October 2004, 03:52 AM
For me,has to be Xios,give me a Xios craft any day and then give me a "Shield Drain " to boot and bye bye Pirahna :D :P 8)

phase 2
27th April 2005, 12:24 AM
XIOS is the swiffttess sleekiest looking craft when fully maxed out by far. family history behind the lead pilot is pretty cool. (Belmondo) Pirhana is definitly a beast in its own rite
I SOULD'VE TAPED THE BACK AND FORTH DOG FITE TO THE FINISH it took me to equire the Pirhana wile piloting the Xios the neck and neck.The race stands out as one of my personal favorites. In one of the straites the pirana over took me and was pulling off fore the lead. I don't know how I managed to pull in front I think it was a sharp inside hairpin turn that let me over come him. although I was first pilot picking on the second pirana pilot in the last straight the pirana was creeping up exstreamly fast raedy to eat what was left of the chalenge course.The finish was insite when I nutralized the pirana ship with a rear missile lock. I won the race but was still amazed to see how quickly the pirana recovered from the direct hit and crossed the finish line with its fiercness.
Piranas remind me of Velocile Raptors any one agree? The misile like frame stands out as a classic wipe out trade mark just like the AG system craft douse in the original wipe out game.
Arguably the best ships. but in my opinion I have to say I love the durability and the weapons power of the Xios though. But the Pirana hands down has more strate away
speed. I have maxed out both of these ships I know thier full exspectations. thier the best in fusion To add more to the mystique of these craft I beat fusion with the lead pilot of the XIOS but tied pionts wise to the lead pilot of the PIRHANA. WHO REALY WON???
Not to take any thing away from the nastie PIRANA but I fell in love with the XIOS evan in
its first non upgraded moroon and yellow color. XIOS my favorite fusion craft.

Chill
27th April 2005, 05:08 AM
It is Pirahna for me, although I don't like the rediculously high standards set for the craft, I deeply admire the lead pilot. She races for free, just for the feeling. Although this feeling is lacked in Fusion, it's certainly reminds me of myself when playing WO3. If I lived in that time era, I'd race for free anytime. :P And the way she explains the 'bringing nature closer to human' part, literally feels as if it was drained out of my head!!! 8O

myima-tsarong
27th April 2005, 11:18 AM
Pirahna is far superior to Xios, as the Xios tends to drift too much wheras the pirahna goes exactly where you want it to, and sorry but the penetrator is a great weapon, it is good for picking up speed through pesky backmarkers !!!

Manic
13th May 2005, 11:53 AM
I don't know... Piranha definetly beat Xios when it comes to the racing part, but the Xios is simply a more balanced craft. It has a better superweapon and more shields. And I've always enjoyed the classic slipping and sliding feeling that you don't get from Piranha, which just seems to have "too much" grip.

Still, the Piranha in Fusion has much cooler looks all the way through the classes and it requires skill to pilot correctly (love every new lap record). I especially love that conic shape, but I hate the wings and the engines, which is why I'm designing my own Wipeout craft right now. I've done several sketches. It has the conic shape, but the engines are placed more centrally and to the sides. Their air intakes are also diplaced to the sides of the cone, put INTO the wings, so you get both canardes, air intakes and stabilizers, all in one.

Chill
13th May 2005, 03:57 PM
Good luck, Manic. :wink: I can just smell the future ahead of me, and I can almost feel the year when one of us freaks actually makes a craft. Then we won't be freaks, we'll be top-of-the-line. :P

Mobius
13th May 2005, 05:01 PM
Fusion is the only wipeout in which i like pirahna - especially when it is maxed out, that makes it the best looking ship in the game.

username
20th June 2005, 11:41 AM
out of th two in fusion i like xios more, :lol: fusion version of pirana feels just so cheaply made and dont even get me started on that annoying super weapon :twisted:

the best looking craft ever ha to be: auricom from wo3 or qirex from wo3 i cant decide :oops:

sip
20th June 2005, 01:31 PM
old topic I see?

From personal experience, Piranha first, Xios second. I brought this up back in the Fusion days...when I realized Piranha is far superior over any ship (at least where it matters most...speed), therefore making the game highly unbalanced. In fact, I was so furious I shelved the game and never returned to it. I'm fortunate enough to have 'human' players around, who happened to be hardcore as I was. Anyway, I'll get to the point...as much as we tried to like Xios, we always found that Piranha would destroy all (speed-wise). As long as you're an experienced enough pilot, you can pretty much smoke the competiton. It drove me crazy, as I was a 'Pirhana' freak in WipEout 3. It came to the point where we'd ban the ship to play wiith other ships like Xios or Tigron. Or maybe it was becasue Fusion was such an easy game to fly through? I do realize that it was very weapon-driven...but Piranha's shields were never a concern to me as long as the speed was there.

phoenixx
21st June 2005, 02:55 PM
I always loved the fastest ship in the fastest class... piranha... but you're right, sip, it's not that motivating when SR is like TT. In wo pure it's pretty balanced... but sometimes I miss that old piranha... got to play fusion again soon

Zero [RG] [HG]
24th June 2005, 01:01 AM
Ah, the good old days of the 3 and Fusion Piranha/Pirhanas... SHEXY!

phoenixx
28th June 2005, 10:31 AM
... the one that you would choose for a race every time ...

That's Piranha. It always was PHANTOM + to me.

Jittery-Joe
10th September 2005, 12:43 PM
hang on a sec, some of you are complaining about not getting the PIranha superweapon to work properly, but I've never had any problems with it (except one time i refuse to go in to...). It's all a matter of timing, folks. I still stand by piranha all the way.

LoneWolf
12th September 2005, 11:35 AM
My favourite is the Xios team, their ships look really good (specially the purple and yellow ones) is really balanced and have a really cool lead pilot , natasha belmondo. my second favourite in fusion is EGR and then a tie between Piranha and Feisar

username
12th September 2005, 12:27 PM
i agree i like the xios. mind you whats the deal with zala wollf? ! ? :o GOTH :o ?

eLhabib
12th September 2005, 12:43 PM
XIOS SHIP? LOOK GOOD? 8O

I bet you almost get an aestethic orgasm eating baked potatoes! :lol:

Sausehuhn
12th September 2005, 12:45 PM
Xios looks a little bit ugly at it's 4th modification.
But I really like the 3rd one!!

The 3rd crafts are the best all the way! just the 4th G-Tech is better than the 3rd one.

Seek100
12th September 2005, 04:05 PM
There are many instances of the 2nd craft looking better than the 3rd, take Feisar, the 2nd craft is actually well proportioned and actually looked like a Feisar, infact I'd say it's the best Feisar design in any wipEout, maybe a tie with the 2097 intro model. Tigron aswell look slightly slimmer and less ridiculous in their 2nd incarnation in Fusion.

As for Xios I agree the first version looks like a malformed potato but the 2nd version looks very good, the 3rd looks like a crumpled manta ray which is just boring and unimaginative design to me and the 4th version is better left unmentioned.

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 08:44 PM
Seeing the Pure version of Piranha for the first time, I fell in love with the dangerous curves and sleek aerodynamics of the brazilian missile :)

I came and went a few times trying out other ships, but I always came back to the red speedster. Nothing makes a statement of living on the edge than piloting was essentially boils down to Wile E. Coyote's favorite ride: an ACME rocket with a motorcycle seat and handlebars!

LoneWolf
12th September 2005, 09:09 PM
Tigron is the ugliest ship in fusion, I don't know why people find it cool, looks like a toy or something, I really hated the "cabriolet" cockpit desing of some ships.

the manta ray desing of Xios rulz, and the color combination rulz too

Zero [RG] [HG]
13th September 2005, 04:05 AM
'Ey, the Tigron is basically an engine with wings tied on...

username
13th September 2005, 09:58 AM
i think that all of the twin hull ships lok the best. thats why i also like the 3rd upgrade level :lol: