PDA

View Full Version : My N64

auri
27th January 2007, 01:09 PM
My nintendo 64 arrived :D
Then Perfect Dark arrived :D
Then the expansion pak arrived :D
Then the controller pak arrived :D

I can play the class wipeout64 now! (I already had it before because it rocks, didn't have an n64 though).

I noticed:

- the graphics on the n64 are without anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering so it's very pixelated.
- The game runs slower than I played it in the emulator. That hopefully makes me get gold medals easily.
- THE GAME ROCKS.

When are tournaments starting hehehehe.
I am happy to have it back!
Have a great day. John :cowboy

andy
27th January 2007, 01:40 PM
Lucky you :+ :D

My N64, my games and all it's parts have floated away and hid themselves around my big house (3 floors + 8 bedrooms) and now I cant find them - I've tried looking but it's like trying to find a piece of hay in a needle stack. Wish I had it back :(.

But, yes it does rock and I hope you have loads of fun. :D

Lance
27th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Somebody did spring cleaning last year without your knowledge and approval? ;)

Asayyeah
27th January 2007, 05:07 PM
My nintendo 64 arrived :D
Glad for you John :rock

auri
27th January 2007, 06:34 PM
Thank you :)

Now really, are there monthly tournaments? I guess not but might we start one up? Would excite me to compete with any of you.
And how would I prove times and so from my console?

Medusa
27th January 2007, 10:26 PM
Hey auri...

Check out The Arena page, I have a Feisar challenge going open to WO64 if you want to give it a go! (It actually looks like a Klies Bridge time might take the challenge...at the moment!)

I know it's not exactly a tourney but hey, take what you can get, right?

(You could start a tourney yourself)

As for proving your times, some on here have managed to take pics of their lap time screens etc. and post them. (and Be prepared to give detailed explanations of how you got that crazy time if anybody thinks you weren't capable of such a thing...lol)

auri
28th January 2007, 01:43 PM
Hhehe ok I will look into the arena section and for sure participate and also take a picture if you want.. only if my time is worth it anyway :D

I started playing wo64 today morning. I got all 7 gold medals on both time trial and race challenges now already. Weapon doesn't seem so hard. Super combo after, ehhehe.

Task
28th January 2007, 01:58 PM
Pictures are nice, there are certainly several of them posted around here, but "proof" isn't really what's important.
If you're saying you've done a certain track in a certain amount of time, then we're likely going to believe you. After all, why would anyone make this stuff up? 8 )

If, however, you've managed a really good time, then people are likely to be clamouring for descriptions of your line, and tips for doing whatever it is you've done. We're always looking to be faster here! The absolute best way to do this is with a video, many fantastic examples of which you can find all over the place.

Indeed though, the first hurdle to overcome is making laps fast enough for other pilots to be interested in how you fly. 8 D

Enjoy the WO64, I know I did when I got mine. That controller was different and took a bit of getting used to, but it's the best analog stick controller for the game that I've ever played with.

Quite the experience. I've got to set mine up so I can get my records off it one of these days...

Lance
28th January 2007, 05:45 PM
Better than a Dreamcast stick with analog trigger buttons?

auri
28th January 2007, 06:50 PM
I think so.
Also I reckon the n64 standard controller is best for ego-shooters on consoles.
I cannot play timesplitters on gamecube very well even though my gamecube controllers have two sticks, I just cannot handle that. The yellow c-buttons are great :)

I don't really know how to make a movie recording what I see on my television.. I'll go play a bit right now

auri
31st January 2007, 02:20 PM
Alright.
I acquired all gold medals in race challenge, in weapon challenge, in time trial challenge. That makes 21 gold medals so far.
Now I am a bit upset and I really never get :mad:
I did the first gold medal of the super combo challenge. The second one is the problem. Whenever I finish the race with a medal I am stuck to the award screen and the buttons don't do anything! I really thought that was a bug I wouldn't have on the original n64 game when I came across it playing the emulated game.

What can I do? Did you have the bug? How to solve it? Please don't tell me it's possible if I play everything again :)
Ftupid bug, eeeeh..
John

Asayyeah
1st February 2007, 05:16 PM
i had that bug too, but don't panic , just wait a little bit by multi-pressing from time to time the A & B button
the longer i waited was 5 min

auri
1st February 2007, 09:10 PM
Phew, ok, will try that. I kept hitting all different combinations of buttons for 1 minute or so.

Please, please, let your words be truth :)

auri
3rd February 2007, 11:00 AM
It kinda worked. Sometimes waiting very long.
Now I have all gold medals except ONE:

The last but one super combo challenge: Quirex / Macheon II / get in first and destroy 7.
Do you have a hint for me there? The weapon just stinks, even with Cyclone I need about 3 hits or more, horrible.

Asayyeah
3rd February 2007, 02:56 PM
for me Macheon 2 super combo is the hardest one
Jabberjaw ( Al) gave me the tip to be 1st till 5th lap and then waited the ship on a weapon pad ...but that hasn't worked for me
I made lots of attempt to reach that bloody gold

You should read the ' wipeout 64 players?' thread we commented that challenge a little bit

auri
3rd February 2007, 04:09 PM
Ok I will do that.
Ah, no matter if the hints help me or not. I told myself I would try until I got the whole game through and I WILL DO hehe.
The best I managed to achieve was 2nd place 7 destroyed.

auri
7th February 2007, 02:28 PM
All gold now :)

I found out, just do macheon ii like this:
Practise the track tons of times until you don't bump it anymore even with the lousy quirex and phantom..
Then just don't care about destroying others, just go forward for first place and get every weapon on the track and place them.
You must find out where the computers go, they always go the same way and you can remember which half of the track they will fly on. That's useful :)

Well then.. in the last round somebody did a quake on 3 people at the same time and I killed 2 of them, that gave me 8 kills.

What do I do now that I have all gold medals? Did it become boring now? haha

Lance
7th February 2007, 05:02 PM
Go for top times on the records listings.