PDA

View Full Version : 3se on psp

Lion
26th December 2006, 11:28 AM
well with custom firmware it's possible.
there's a few graphical glitches in the menus, and the screen positioning isn't perfect.
but it works!
Classic League track selection (http://helix.net.nz/~lion/images/DSC00426.JPG)
Auricom on the grid at talon's reach (http://helix.net.nz/~lion/images/DSC00427.JPG)
sorry for the terrible photos, my cellphone is less than perfect for this

Rapier Racer
26th December 2006, 12:24 PM
:hyper oh my god! * 100

Sausehuhn
26th December 2006, 12:35 PM
ou ****.
how big is the iso? more than 500mb?

Wanna have that. Any chance for link-mode? That would be AWESOME.

qirex-rd
26th December 2006, 01:59 PM
Our dreams came true!
Is this made with "the Dark Alex thing"? (you know what I mean)

Sausehuhn
26th December 2006, 02:23 PM
It is. Not sure yet if this modified 3.02-firmware has the same advantages as 1.5 has, though.
So I'll will wait till I know that. And you need a few other files for the emulator to work with your own PS1 game backup ISOs that you have to buy with a game from the PS3's games store.
Actually nothing illegal, isn't it?

stin
26th December 2006, 02:44 PM
Seriously, I would love to play all Wipeouts on PSP!

Is it alot of work to put one game in?

stevie:blarg

Asayyeah
26th December 2006, 07:44 PM
Yikes!!!
I was talking to you Leon through msn very very recently and you didn't mentioned it !! bloody b***** :D
This is absolutely fantastic!
More info needed !

Zerow
26th December 2006, 08:08 PM
Holy crap! That looks sweet! :+

InvaderF00
26th December 2006, 08:35 PM
Lion, quick question:
Is this 3SE with or without the PAL->NTSC patch?
I remember the patch going something like that when playing it on a standard TV but supposedly there is a patch that fixes this for the PSP PSX emu.

The though of having all 3 PSX W'O" games + Pure on a single PSP rivals that of a sexual experience.

Lion
26th December 2006, 08:53 PM
there's an ntsc patch? first I've heard of that...

Arnaud: I only got told of the new firmware an hour or 2 before I posted this thread, I didn't know about it when we spoke.
3se was the first thing I tried :p

the iso is about 630mb on the memory stick, so yeah, it soaks up a lot of space

oh.. and there's no background music. I don't know why that is, but since that's the case I'm sure it's possible to just not include the cd audio in the iso, thus making it considerably smaller

as to the firmware capabilities... it's just like running 3.02 for the most part. but the 1.5 homebrews etc still run fine also :) they just go in a GAME150 folder instead of GAME

Asayyeah
26th December 2006, 10:33 PM
Thx for this discussion we had 1 hour ago Leon :+

Leftism
26th December 2006, 11:36 PM
I need this on my PSP!

Mad-Ice
27th December 2006, 10:00 PM
Yes this is it!!! I already had a dream about this, to be able to play all Wipeouts on my psp.

Sausehuhn
28th December 2006, 01:08 AM
I've a question:
Was anyone able yet to change WO3:SE's music-files and play it again then (with an emulator or with a new burned CD)?
Cause when I change the music files (and give them the same names as the old ones of course) the ISO doesn't work anymore. Not with ePSXe and also not with the PSP-PS1 emulator.
The game itself (without the music) is just around 80MB big, and deleting the music files or change them to shorter, smaller ones would save a lot of space on the memory stick - considering that the music doesn't work anyway (not with the PSP-PS1 emu and also not with ePSXe).

Sausehuhn
28th December 2006, 06:39 PM
Okay I got it working. Made an .img file of the WO3:SE CD and edited it in UltraISO (deleted all music tracks). Saved as .img again. Converted it with PopStation GUI and now it works well.
It's around 90MB big/small now.

What I noticed due playing: The colors are not that true, they seem a bit pixelated, like you may know it from converting a (for example) JPG with more than 256 colors into a GIF image.
There are a few other graphical problems but nothing too bad - definitely nothing dramatical.
The game is also a bit skewed, not sure if "Wide screen correction" in the game really helps there (I think it does for the game itself, but not for menus and stuff).
You will also miss a few pixels in the lower part of the screen and get a few blacks in the upper part. If you don't understand what I mean look at Lion's images.
You can see how bad the PSP's screen reaction time is. definitely no 4 MS...
The game also doesn't look like a PS1 game, it looks better on the small PSP screen.
And finally: The game feels a lot faster then Pure to me. And that just at Rapier. And it's so floaaaty :)

Lion
28th December 2006, 10:40 PM
I think the timing is wrong because of the pal-ntsc thing. the emu is currently meant to be for ntsc games
you may have noticed that curly's countdown is too fast too

grats on getting it to work while smaller!

Sausehuhn
29th December 2006, 12:17 PM
I patched the game to NTSC now (yes, you heard right I've a NTSC WO3:SE here) to solve the speed problem.
I'm not 100% sure if I really changed the speed of the game (but I nearly think so cause the game just feels right now somehow) and I get less graphical glitches; there are no dark colored areas on the track, you can't see where "track elements" are build together and I also think the color's a bit better now. It looks like on my PSX (just better because of the smaller screen as mentioned before).
The screen is also more centered now. You still can't see everything but at least a few pixels more - you can see your energy bar a lot better now (important for hyper thrust).
The game feels better now imo.

That's how it looks like on my PSP:

game selection (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_gameSelection.jpg)
game detail (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_gameDetail.jpg)
PS1 logo booting screen (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_ps1logo.jpg)
WO3:SE welcome screen (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_welcomeScreen.jpg)
Auricom Stanza Inter (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_auricomStanza.jpg)
Feisar Mega Mall (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/WO3SEonPSP/WO3SEonPSP_feisarMega.jpg)

andy
29th December 2006, 02:04 PM
wow! I want it! Can't wait to try it out. btw, what firmware do you need?

Medusa
29th December 2006, 05:09 PM
Wow. Pure had me undecided on whether a PSP was in my future. This just finalized that! Sweet!
Now all you portable wipeout fans will be torn between the new whackload of Pure tracks, or the awesomeness of Special Edition!!!
Have much fun, you have just sold me on the PSP!

Asayyeah
29th December 2006, 06:37 PM
Great work Max : the result is pretty perfect ! :clap

Sausehuhn
29th December 2006, 06:42 PM
By the way: 2097 doesn't work. Not original and also not NTSC-patched. You can watch the intro but that's it. :frown:
Lion told me that same goes for W'O'' and WOXL.

Lance
29th December 2006, 09:15 PM
Pretty cool, Max! Great job!

Thermoptic
29th December 2006, 09:55 PM
The wipeout psx series on the psp, just awsome!
I have converted some versions and tested them;

Wipeout 2097 (pal): Crashed after the second loadingscreen
Wipeout XL (ntsc): Crashed after the second loadingscreen
Wipeout 3 (ntsc): Works fine but the audio tracks doesnt play.

I Have not yet tested the first Wipeout And Wo3Se. Does anyone know if the audiotracks works on the Wo3SE?

If anyone can somehow get 2097/XL to work, please tell us how =)

Sausehuhn
29th December 2006, 10:00 PM
WO3SE has no music.
So you can delete the music files and get a smaller game file (more than 400Mb smaller). But the game froze a few times now. Lion said that this problem was not there when he had the full game (with music).
I'll try a full copy of the game when I've purchased a bigger memory stick.

Lance
29th December 2006, 10:04 PM
Perhaps the PSP will not play CompactDiscAudio format. Were the music tracks just included as is in the original image?

Sausehuhn
29th December 2006, 10:12 PM
It actually IS the original game. It's a CD backup. But the music also exists with ePSXe. Maybe it's an emulation thing.
The thing that really worries me is why it freezes.

Thermoptic
29th December 2006, 10:13 PM
The audo tracks from other games works fine, so there must be some other bug with the emulation of wo3s sound.

I just tested and removed all the .wav tracks with ultraiso. but the game wont start, dont know what went wrong.

Sausehuhn, yes the game maybe crashes because the audio tracks are removed.. we should test adding empty audio tracks to the iso?

Sausehuhn
30th December 2006, 12:16 PM
UltraISO works fine for me. But I modified an already existing file, maybe that's the reason why.
I already replaced the music with ~3Kb wav files but it still happends (maybe even more).
I'm really no expert in all this but maybe the game crashes when it comes to an specific music track in the random mode because the freezing didn't come at specific places or after specific times and the random mode isn't anything generated as well.

Rapier Racer
30th December 2006, 07:07 PM
I was wondering, when (they bloody well better) WO3 SE is officially released, or any past Wipeout for that matter on PSP will there be any issues regarding the soundtracks and licenses?

Sausehuhn
30th December 2006, 09:11 PM
Do you guys think changing the music track professionally (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220) would make a difference concerning that it's no simple deleting or changing but goes more into the game's coding?

j c
31st December 2006, 03:33 AM
The reason WOXL's music isn't working under POPS (PSX emu on PSP) is that Dark AleX's popstation program only works with ISO9660 standard (be it ISO, BIN/CUE, or IMG/CCD) and the standard does not allow for CDDA tracks to be part of the image.

Now, from what I've read on other forums, the Cool Boarders game has CDDA on it as well. Sony's official release of Cool Boarders for the PSP has music working, but since Sony has some sort of compression/encryption scheme on their ISOs we can't see how exactly they are making it work.

So in the end, support is there - we just haven't figured out how to make it work.

Oh yeah, this is my first post on this forum. Long time WipEout fan, first time poster :D

andy
31st December 2006, 03:42 AM
Welcome to WipeoutZone. :) Wow Vegas, pretty cool. You could make a thread in Off Topic to introduce yourself.

btw, is there anywhere I could find w3o rom (or whatever it is) cos my copy is scratched to hell.

Lance
31st December 2006, 07:15 AM
Welcome j c, good to have you here.

j c
31st December 2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

Well I tried my old WipEout 3 PAL PSX game and made a BIN/CUE, then did a PAL2NTSC, then made a PSP EBOOT.PBP. The intro and menu look fine, but once I start a race it crashes the PSP as soon as I cross the starting line.

I'm a sad panda.

-----------------

*UPDATE*

I found a NTSC/PAL Selector + Protection Fix by Paradox, I applied that, then I stripped out all the CDDA tracks and made a new ISO. This works great on the PSP! Also took the size from 677MB to 152MB so my memory stick says thanks too :D

Asayyeah
31st December 2006, 02:14 PM
Wellcome on board j c
Thx for your detailled infos : very useful :+
With your last update you said W3O is now working on your psp with no more crashing after the starting line?
If yes, that should then work for 2097/XL !!

j c
31st December 2006, 05:20 PM
With your last update you said W3O is now working on your psp with no more crashing after the starting line?
Nope. WOXL/2097 is a different beast. I've tried removing the CDDA and running generic fixes (there isn't a specific one like WO3 that I could find) and even using different BASE.PBP (like from Cool Boarders) - nothing works.

Asayyeah
31st December 2006, 05:41 PM
2097 is my fav one , shame but thanks for the research you made on the subject , at least W3O & SE are still working which is , so to speak, a '****in' great news :D

[off topic] i promise for new year to make efforts on writing more correctly ( in both ways :redface: ) English. Lessons start with teacher Mad_Ice next week ;) [off topic closed]

Sausehuhn
2nd January 2007, 03:38 PM
welcome to the forums, j c.
Seems like you understand a bit more about that stuff :)

I didn't manage to run WO3:SE without music tracks correctly yet. What does that "NTSC/PAL Selector + Protection Fix" do? I really wanna play WO3:SE on my PSP without crashing.
I also didn't manage to run 1.5 homebrews successfully on my PSP yet, I can start them, no problem, but when I want to use their features they always crash :frown:

qirex-rd
2nd January 2007, 04:20 PM
I tried to downgade from 2.82 to 1.5
But every 1.5 downgade pack in the world
does seem to have a destroyed .tif file inside.
so I cant start the downgrade process.
The result now: My PSP says: Im 2.81
but my PSP doesnt know that there are
any savegames (incl. Pure) on my Memory
Stick. Thats the final result. Its a mp3 player now.
As Bruce Springsteen said: ~~ Some are born
into a good life...~~

Congrats to all other PSP owners who managed
to get 1.5 running.

edit: I upgraded to 3.03 - now my PSP knows the savefiles
but not the pictures / photos. Its magic.

Lion
3rd January 2007, 10:37 AM
there are certain models of PSP that cannot be downgraded.
be careful,
caveat emptor,
etc

the various technologies and techniques associated with getting the games working on the psp will continue to improve.
I would be very surprised if it doesn't wind up perfectly supporting pretty much every game in future.

so far I have tried the following:
wipeout PAL: fails when trying to load the menus
wipeout 2097: fails when trying to load the menus
wipeout XL: fails when trying to load the menus
wipeout 3se: works, all the shrinking methods I have tried so far have failed. but I have a complete set of vector golds and 2 prototypes that say the full size image works fine (without music)

kula world: works
parappa the rapper: works - pal has MAJOR graphical problems, NTSC is ok
um jammer lammy: works

j c
3rd January 2007, 06:15 PM
welcome to the forums, j c.
Seems like you understand a bit more about that stuff :)

I didn't manage to run WO3:SE without music tracks correctly yet. What does that "NTSC/PAL Selector + Protection Fix" do? I really wanna play WO3:SE on my PSP without crashing.
I also didn't manage to run 1.5 homebrews successfully on my PSP yet, I can start them, no problem, but when I want to use their features they always crash :frown:
It seems WO3 has some sort of protection (probably the crashing bug right after the starting line) for mod chip consoles. The PDX fix just eliminates that and adds a cool intro :D

Make sure you put your homebrew apps into the MS_ROOT:\PSP\GAME150 folder as thats the default settings in 3.02 OE. Also make sure you send both the the folder and folder% over to the memory stick.

I tried to downgade from 2.82 to 1.5
But every 1.5 downgade pack in the world
does seem to have a destroyed .tif file inside.
so I cant start the downgrade process.
There are no 2.82 to 1.5 downgraders. If you saw one it's probably fake or will brick your PSP.

Only people with 2.80 can downgrade to 2.71 and then to 1.5 and then 3.02 OE.

edit: I upgraded to 3.03 - now my PSP knows the savefiles
but not the pictures / photos. Its magic.
LOL, you just lost all chance of running homebrew on your PSP. Should have researched a bit more before upgrading so recklessly.

qirex-rd
3rd January 2007, 07:33 PM
There was no chance for homebrew on my PSP
and there is no chance now. Thanks anyway.
Im going to buy a new 1.00 PSP from a guy in Japan.

Leftism
3rd January 2007, 07:51 PM
Quick question from reading some of the messages, wheres the point of no return in regards of firmware? Let's say I've got a 3.01, have I lost any chance of downgrading it to 1.whatever?

Zerow
3rd January 2007, 08:00 PM
No, but you'll have to wait a pretty long time for a downgrader for 3.01 more than likely, so you'll just have to be patient and avoid upgrading again.

andy
3rd January 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm just wondering, can you save your game on the memory stick?

Lion
3rd January 2007, 10:36 PM
the POPS emulator (that's sony's psx emu, I think it stands for Playstation On PlayStation) creates a savegame folder on the memory stick with the 9 digit unique id of the game as part of the folder name.
inside that folder it has memcard1 and memcard2 dat files that get the saves written to them.
I don't know yet whether neglecting to change the game ID causes those to be overwritten, but I suspect that is the case.
at the moment I haven't changed any game IDs so everything is saving as hotshots golf2, but I have only saved from wipeout3se so it's yet to be an issue.
3se should have it's id set to SCES02845, it's written on the cd.

I hope that answers your question :)

Sausehuhn
3rd January 2007, 11:17 PM
Yes you can change the ID so it says the right name for the savegames :)

If you do so (change either the name of the game or the savegames) you old ones won't work anymore, though.

Dogg Thang
6th January 2007, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't have what I need right here to try it but this may well turn out to be the saviour of PS1 WO on PSP - http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43050

It's something that allows you to use games with cda audio. They say it's confirmed working for TR1 and 2 (both of which froze just like WO). Could be well worth a try.

Sausehuhn
6th January 2007, 08:03 PM
I would give it a go but I think it's dumb to register in a forum just to download a file but never really use it again then. So I won't do anything until it is confirmed that W'O'' and/or WO2097 are running correctly (and maybe WO3/WO3SE with music).

Dogg Thang
6th January 2007, 08:04 PM
Ah, I didn't even realise you'd have to register to get them. It won't be long before they show up elsewhere I'm sure.

Edit: And here it is - http://pspupdates.qj.net/Popstation-CDDA-fix-PSX-game-audio-tracks-/pg/49/aid/78406
Hope it's useful for some people.

Another Edit: And I can confirm that WO3SE does indeed play with sound using this. It does seem faster though as I applied the pal-ntsc patch for screen alignment. Also, both WO1 and WO2097 work too although my pal>ntsc process isn't working on either. If anyone figures that out, let me know. I've been using Zapper2K and it's telling me 'No color patterns or Y position found'.

InvaderF00
7th January 2007, 03:59 AM
Can confirm that it works. CDDA + Y-Fix = WO3SE on PSP.

Looks and plays perfect with Screen mode set to full, widescreen correction on and screen moved to 010 in the settings. Made it all nice with the save game icon, main screen & even Xpander playing at the game selection menu.

Bad boy runs about 580MB in size though, but it's prime for custom soundtracks now.

If your running 3.03 OE-A, I'd be happy to give you some proof, PM me ^_^

Dogg Thang
7th January 2007, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you're at a more advanced level than me, Invader. Where's this 'widescreen correction'? I've noticed my WO3SE doesn't seem to retain saves so I must have done something wrong but the only thing changed is the new CDDA Popstation.

Edit: Tried reripping WO1 and WO2097 this morning to see if I could fix the pal>ntsc alignment but no luck. With both, I can run Pal4U2K with no problem and apply the patch but Zapper2K gives me the 'No Colour Patterns or Y-Pos found' message. If I try Zapper2K first, it will find everything it needs and create the patch but, without the first part, it's still down low on screen. I seem to have killed 2097 in the process too - it's hanging on me now.

Sausehuhn
7th January 2007, 12:57 PM
And I can test if it works cause my memstick is too small. Bad luck :frown:

Dogg Thang
7th January 2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, even with compression at 9, these are coming out at over 600mb. Presumably because of the music tracks.

infoxicated
7th January 2007, 01:17 PM
As great as this sounds, I think I'll wait until I can do this via official channels.

Not casting any doubt on anyone here, but for every legitamate piece of homebrew people are running, I imagine there are countless more illegitimate game rips being played. Recently my cousin even had the gall to ask me if I could get hold of an older version of the PSP OS for him so that he run devhook and play pirate games... idiot. :mad:

If Sony cant stem the spread of piracy on the system, the chances of seeing sequels to my favourite games on the PSP will be greatly reduced. :(

Dogg Thang
7th January 2007, 01:25 PM
You're absolutely right, Infoxicated. It seems that running things that weren't meant to be run on the PSP is far more common than people actually buying games and playing them at the moment. Right now, the PSP seems to be a hobbyists machine.

I hope that Sony very quickly start making these easily available through official channels. I know the VC on the Wii is excellent (I've bought around 6 games already on it) and a similar service on the PSP would be very welcome. Right now, of course, there are only a few PS1 games available officially and only to those who shell out for a PS3 (which until a PS3 WO comes along, I probably won't do). They could learn from the ease of the Wii VC, or even Apple's iTunes. Make it easier for people to buy than pirate and they'll probably do it.

You're right though - piracy is rampant. Although I would say it's also important to remember that, even though there are those countless illegitimate game rips being played, that doesn't make the legitimate homebrew any less legitimate. Or even the 'grey area' homebrew any less 'grey'... if that makes any sense.

InvaderF00
7th January 2007, 04:38 PM
Dogg Thank, the widescreen option is in the WO settings menu, not the PSP. PM if you need image tips.

Sausehuhn, If you rip the audio WO3SE is around 80MB... ^_^

Sad to say though, I don't think any older wipeout (besides 'classic' type packs) will see the light of day on newer consoles, even through sanctioned emulation like the POPS or Wii's VC. Basically after the Dreamcast, PSX, PS2 and XBox had all been hacked to hell to allow for the emulation of previsous generations of games to play on them, larger companies realized that there was a market and they could get you to pay for your games a second time. Much kinder to think of the small purchases when yuo associate it with a point valuse instead of a cost but besides that, I'm a big fan of abandonwares. All of my consoles from NES to current are in working order and you can find any game emulated fairly easy. I can't justify even paying $5 for a game that years ago I paid $50 for new. Sorry... just the way I feel.

And yes, my PSP is hacked to pieces, as is probably every other piece of HW I own. Just wish I could help others do the same and make the process simpler for them. I'm all about the disemmination of information, legal or otherwise. There is a fine line between sharing and piracy, but just because a law of questionable legality might claim something is illegal doesn't mean it is. Case in point, PSP is a computer and it can do much more than they want you to do with it. I paid for it, I own it, I break it then it's my responsibility.

...End rant

Dogg Thang
7th January 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks, InvaderF00. I didn't even realise WO3SE had a widescreen mode. Never had a widescreen tv back in the day!

JABBERJAW
7th January 2007, 07:23 PM
It's not real widescreen, it's stretched out. Fusion is real widescreen and much better to play as such.

Sausehuhn
7th January 2007, 08:02 PM
I think it's widescreen but not the menus. Not sure, though.

AmigoJack
9th January 2007, 02:24 PM
slightly offtopic: great effort youve made guys :) but actually i would love to be able to play pure on PS2 :g

JABBERJAW
11th January 2007, 12:14 AM
Where did you get it?

stigmata
11th January 2007, 11:54 PM
Hi!

I'm a first-time poster and general newcomer to the site. I'm glad to say my undying love for the Wipeout series helped me find the way to here.

The first thing I thought of when I read of PSX emulation on the PSP was 'oh my god, WO3SE in widescreen on the wee screen!' This thread brought warmth to my heart again when I read that it worked.

Looks and plays perfect with Screen mode set to full, widescreen correction on and screen moved to 010 in the settings. Made it all nice with the save game icon, main screen & even Xpander playing at the game selection menu.

Bad boy runs about 580MB in size though, but it's prime for custom soundtracks now.

I've got it all working, and the game works much better than I imagined. I struggle on some courses to see the energy bar (eg Sagamartha with the lighting). Also, perhaps it is a little too fast? I genuinely thought Pure was the fastest of the series, but I'm struggling on Rapier with this. I haven't tried it again on the original console though.

I haven't managed to work out how to use the CDDA fixer with the command line etc, and I haven't found a Popstation GUI that has that included, but what I've done is use the mp3 plug-in available to create my custom-soundtrack of Aphex Twin and FSOL classics!

Cheers guys!

Sausehuhn
12th January 2007, 06:29 PM
1. welcome to the site

2. did you patch the game to NTSC? Because PAL maybe causes the game's wrong, too fast speed.

JABBERJAW
13th January 2007, 02:53 AM
Pure is not the fastest in the series, not even close. wo3 is much faster on similar speed classes. That doesn't mean the game is not sped up though. I have 3.03 working separately from my 1.50 now on the same system, so it appears I can do it.

Dogg Thang
13th January 2007, 12:29 PM
As far as I can tell, you have to go through the pal>ntsc procedure to fix the screen placement and the side effect of that is that it is definitely speeding the game up by a considerable amount. It makes it quite tricky for those of us used to how it is supposed to play.

tris
13th January 2007, 03:22 PM
Hello, I´m new in this forum, but I´m an old WipeOut player, and I´m also trying to play WO3 SE on ,y PSP with the screen centered. I play the game with sound using the CDDA game compatible POPSTATION modified .exe, but although I have tryed PAL4U2K and ZAPER (-50,0), I can´t get the screen centered.

Could you please tell me what have you done to fix the vertical position? I mean, have you used Zaper with some concrete values? Or have you applyied a patch to the game image?

Thanks in advance!

;-)

Chill
15th January 2007, 07:47 PM
That looks sooo F***ing awesome!!!!! The first time I've ever felt the need to get the PS3 has just come over me!!! :D

But you guys are definately right, Wipeout XL and 3 are a lot faster than Pure. The only thing that keeps me into Pure is it's graphics and Kai capability that I will one day play, and my main goal to one day own and have mastered all Wipeouts of course!! :D

TONY-T
29th January 2007, 04:14 AM
Hi everyone, this is my first post, been playing wipeout since the beggining, only found out about this site recently, NICE site!

Ive managed to get all the PS1 wipeouts working on my PSP with Full CDDA support!

Wipeout - you can download from the playstation store

Wipeout XL - 2097 get the latest custom firmware 3.03 oec, then download and apply the PSX 3.02 plugin.. once done both wipeout XL & 2097 will work hastle free!

Wipeout 3 - You need to apply the paradox patch, after this, the game will work perfect!

Wipeout 3 SE - no need for patch, allready works perfect!

When converting the games with popstation, make sure you have the modified popstation with CDDA support.

Hope that helps some of you.

KANDANG
20th February 2007, 03:51 PM
hellios,

could someone help me out here

i'm on a 3.10 oe-a'; i d/led wipeout and extracted it into my x:\PSP\Game folder
loaded up the game and the screen went black

do i need to d/l any plugins / emulators for the original wipeout?
:banzai