PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get this game from?

PH03N1X
12th December 2006, 12:42 AM
ok i dont know if am violating any rules, i probably am, but i was wondering if anyone could give the XL version for my pc or where i could get it from. i dont trust ebay anymore. and apparently my local gaming stores think am making something up. so any help on where to get this game would be great.

Asayyeah
12th December 2006, 02:49 AM
You can watch this one on E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.fr/Wipeout-XL-PC-Game_W0QQitemZ230063549753QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) : no manual. But you can definitely, if you are patient, find one original with all the stuff .
found a new one : better (http://cgi.ebay.fr/WIPEOUT-2097-RARE-GAME-FOR-PC-NEW-SEALED_W0QQitemZ330058906812QQihZ014QQcategoryZ620 53QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Chill
14th December 2006, 05:41 AM
Bought this game in Ebay, just received it in the mail today... today was the very first day I had played this game, and barely just got Phantom Class... this game is kick-ass... still like Wipeout 3 more though... ;) BETTER THAN FUSION!! :)

Asayyeah
14th December 2006, 01:05 PM
I am glad you receive it Chill :+ : a new love story is beginning ? ;)

frano
6th March 2007, 06:06 PM
You can download Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 1 here for cash:

(This is not my page and so I can't guaranty anything but it seems to be cheap)

lunar
7th March 2007, 03:59 PM
I don`t think any old wipeout game is "abandonware", and this site is very possibly illegal. You can buy an official hard copy of the game for around the same as this download anyway.

rdmx
8th March 2007, 09:07 AM
I found a site hosting it for free but I'm not prepared to post it for fear of having my soul eaten by infoxicated or a moderator for that matter. :frown:

Lance
8th March 2007, 12:30 PM
ekk. patOOie!

Needs more salt and Tabasco sauce.

rdmx
10th March 2007, 10:23 AM
So...that's a no then?

Lance
11th March 2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah, pretty much; it's been clear for years that Sony is extremely protective of its intellectual property; I doubt that they even recognise the concept of abandonware, and in this case it definitely is not abandonware since they still use and recycle their past designs and names. They do more than just frown on this sort of thing.

JimBond007
13th March 2007, 09:14 PM
and in this case it definitely is not abandonware since they still use and recycle their past designs and names.
Wipeout without Agsys, Auricom, Feisar, Qirex or Piranha isn't a Wipeout. I can't imagine a Wipeout without these ships :(
I really like these ships especially Feisar ^^

I know Wipeout will be on sale on PlayStation Store for PS3 (only 5 euro) in this case Sony don't recognize Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 PC Versions like abandonware even if it's Psygnosis games.
Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out, for sure they will be downloadable on PlayStation Store.

I hope they will improve graphics, etc... Well I mean original game + remastered version ^^

Lance
14th March 2007, 03:09 AM
Sony already owned Psygnosis two years before the original WipEout was released.

But that wouldn't even make a difference to the law, since once a company is bought, all it's intellectual property throughout its entire history belongs to the new owner.