PDA

View Full Version : E3 titles

Wamdue
23rd May 2002, 04:35 PM
So, seen any of the titles announced at e3? this year and the next is looking damn good.. atleast for my taste.

Zone Of The Enders 2, now cel-shaded.. looking really nice..
Halo Online , the first concept for how Halo was supposed to be initially, ie.. teamplay based online battles.
more news about Project Ego. Star Wars Galaxies.. aw.. Ive prolly missed out 4-5 other must-haves..

infoxicated
23rd May 2002, 07:07 PM
From what I've seen, all the titles I'm looking forward to look ace.

I'm not going to "do a 'Fusion" and build my hopes up too high, though... but some of the pics and footage is really great.

TOCA is really standing out for me - the graphics are superb and it looks like a feature packed game. Lara looks good too, and even Tony Hawks 4 looks better. Socom will be fab too - the online aspect of that is tremendous - I've seen it running over the network and it's damn fine - the headset for barking out commands to your squad will make for really immersive gameplay, I think.

Oh - and Madden online! Wahey - throw in a tree and fat guy and it's christmas for me!

Bob Todd
23rd May 2002, 09:08 PM
Cel-shaded ZoE? Groo-vy!

Anyone else looking forward to Ratchet & Clank?

Rob Queste
23rd May 2002, 11:28 PM
I own a copy of ZoE and I love it, so I'm looking really forward to ZoE-2. Hopefully more missions and a lengthier game.

Wamdue
24th May 2002, 08:24 AM
yeah, i dunno if its before or after the events of the first game.. the mechas (or "frames" as they are called in zoe) are all colored stylishly in desert-camo colors.. ie.. different browns and red details.. looks extremly cool.. the enviroments judging by the screenshots looks like Mars, and maybe !*spoiler for those who havent finished Z.o.E*!
the game just continiued from where it ended.. as the jehuty ai ADA told us that she would go to mars for her last mission to selfdestruct.. to strengthen this theori.. Anubis is present in Z.o.E:Second Runner. From what Ive seen in the screenshots.. the enemy variety seems to be bigger this time too.

Piranha Advancements
24th May 2002, 11:29 AM
Whoo..Lara! Yeah,I love the game,so what.Saw the pics and Lara looks great.I just hope it's like TR2.That was the best in the series..and the new Lara models ain't that bad a loker either.

And Z.O.E. is gonna be cell-shaded..? Rats.I dislike cel-animation/shades.Like the beef I had with the ugly Xenogears battles but....whoo..Lara!.

rhys
24th May 2002, 05:16 PM
i really love cell shadind games!! :D

i think they make a nice change :wink: i quite like the look of "auto modillista" which is soon coming out!! anyone else seen it?

Lance
25th May 2002, 03:32 AM
i saw some still frames from the cel-shaded AM a few months ago. i like the look

zargz
25th May 2002, 05:03 PM
anybody care 2Xplane ' cell shadind '? :-?

Lance
26th May 2002, 12:57 AM
it means drawn like classic cartoons painted on transparent celluloid [or some other type of plastic] using shadows that are a single tone, instead of the graded shading done with computers. the name cel comes from celluloid, i assume.

Vasudeva
26th May 2002, 06:56 AM
@Pirhana Advancements

Hmm, I'm afraid I must disagree on your assessment of TR2. I found the first TR much deeper in storyline, and what it lacked in graphics was made up for in genuinity and atmosphere. TR2 is a redo of Indiana Jones, without a decent story, and all the villains have the same face! In that aspect, TR3 was better again, but I feel that they should have stopped the series a while ago already.

And did anyone see the movie? Hmm... Emberassing.

Peace,
V.

infoxicated
26th May 2002, 10:26 AM
Regarding TOCA Race Driver - scratch that from the list of titles I'm looking forward to.

I played it yesterday at the National Sportscar Show here in the UK and it was crap. The handling of the car was abysmal and the thing frames out worse than Wipeout Fusion does, and more often too.

I'm really disappinted with it - the game releases in a months time and I doubt that's long enough to cure the slowdown and framing out. If they were willing to show it to hundreds of people at yesterdays show, then I suspect that's pretty much a finished product.

Should have known the screen grabs were too good to be true! :)

lunar
26th May 2002, 10:24 PM
That `s a shame what you say about TOCA :( . I think its the only game I want at the moment. Was it the PS2 version you played?

Was the handling like TOCA 2 or WTC, or like neither?

infoxicated
27th May 2002, 09:27 AM
It was like WTC, only not as good - the car was far too easy to spin and the brakes locked up on every corner - even the AI ones did, and accelerating out of a corner resulted in a huge smoking wheelspin every time, regardless of the speed you carried in/out.

The framing out was the worst, though - it caused you to mis-time the corners... and there was something not quite right about the physics too - the cars had all the weight of their airfix kit equivalent! ;)

I'm a bit bummed about it as I was really, really looking forward to it.

lunar
27th May 2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that, Infoxicated, you could have saved me £40 there :D The game sounds like a rental at best :( Now I guess Colin McRae is the great hope for PS2 driving games.

infoxicated
27th May 2002, 11:23 AM
Worrying thing is, it's they're both from Codemasters, so I think I'll hold off on Colin McRae too.