JABBERJAW
18th May 2002, 08:39 PM
YEP, THAT'S ME.

Nick Burcombe
19th May 2002, 11:44 AM
Oops. AKA Zoolander - gotcha!

Wamdue
19th May 2002, 01:00 PM
some day..some beautiful day, ill be at e3.. but not this year..

when is it by the way? maybe some live action from e3 from some gaming site is broadcasting?

Nick Burcombe
19th May 2002, 01:04 PM
Tomorrow until the 24th depending what side of the business you're in.
www.e3expo.com for the details

AmishRobot
19th May 2002, 03:24 PM
GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/) will be doing live video from the show. I don't know if it requires a subscription, but I don't think it does. They'll also be streaming the opening press conferences for Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft's press conference will be streamed from their xbox website. I don't know about dates or times yet.

The press conferences are the really interesting part. They're nothing but information (liberally coated with propaganda, of course), and that's where all the bombs get dropped. The regular show coverage can be trying. They spend a lot of time asking random people stupid questions, and it usually goes something like this:

REPORTER: We're at E3 in Los Angeles, and I'm you're token gaming chick with big tits, since you horn-dogs can't be here to check out the booth babes. Let's see what some people think.

RANDOM FANBOY: *burp!*

REPORTER: So what company are you with?

RANDOM FANBOY: I snuck in, duuuudde!! WHOOO!!!

REPORTER: So what do you think of the Star Wars RPG?

RANDOM FANBOY [swinging around plastic lightsaber freebie]: *vvvhwwwooom!* *vvvhwwwooom!* [in deep voice] IT OOOWWNNZZ ME!!!

REPORTER: Great! There's another fat tubby over there. Let's see what he thinks!

[And on, and on....]

Nick Burcombe
19th May 2002, 03:43 PM
Been before huh? :)

AmishRobot
22nd May 2002, 01:18 PM
Went a few years ago.

...actually, I snuck in! :wink: