View Full Version : Barrel Rolls

KANDANG
20th September 2006, 02:56 PM
hey people, is there a way to line yourself up for a barrel roll on vineta k's first jump? out of 10 laps I was able to only pull it off once on phantom class.

any tips/ techniques?
=)

Asayyeah
20th September 2006, 04:12 PM
first you should be able to take all the speed pads you get before that jump to allow a great speed and then BR as fast as you can but the jump is not high so you need to be very quick to do it.
Try to avoid the 'too much on the left' or ' on the right' when jumping

Sausehuhn
20th September 2006, 05:03 PM
and pull up the nose... at least that helps me... or it gives me the feeling it does...

Riccardo Raccis
20th September 2006, 06:10 PM
Speed is the key ;) The higher the class, the easier!

JABBERJAW
20th September 2006, 11:21 PM
practice on TT. On single race it sometimes doesn't work when other ships are next to you(a horrible bug).

KANDANG
21st September 2006, 11:01 AM
thx guys, i got it to work more often when i positioned the ship toward the middle of the track after hitting the speedpad :>

Scaraba
3rd October 2006, 08:31 AM
In the immortal words of Peppy Hare... "Do A Barrel Roll!!!" (hit Z or R twice)

Dominator
3rd October 2006, 01:40 PM
On single race it sometimes doesn't work when other ships are next to you(a horrible bug).
Yeah i noticed that too :frown:

KANDANG
23rd October 2006, 06:33 PM
hello hello once again,

Would appreciate all the help I can get regarding Sebenco Climb's sloped tunnel.
How do I position myself so that I can hit the two speed pads before coming out of the tunnel? :frown:
I always either hit the wall or drift + turnover or get stuck in there lots of times.

and after hitting the second speed pad, I think that a barrel roll can be done, no?

*lastly, when's the best time to use the turbo pickup on that level?
;)

thx

lunar
23rd October 2006, 06:58 PM
As for the best turbo place on the track, I think this tunnel exit is probably it, but try not to gain too much height as you come out of the tunnel. Air time is dead time ;)

Yes it`s possible to BR here. If you can do it consistently, then it may be better to save your turbo for for elsewhere. Maybe the record-holder will enlighten us when he reads this. :)

As for the line through this tunnel, I try to drift throught the first two speed pads, hitting both in a kind of sideways motion, even releasing thrust if necessary, then straighten up and power on for the exit speed pads. This can work well, but this tunnel is a nightmare for Goteki, and for me, and closing my eyes and hoping for the best is sometimes just as effective. :frown:

KANDANG
21st November 2006, 02:25 PM
hehe, having trouble doing the 2nd jump BR on vineta k
any tips?
seems the ship doesn't have enough time to BR , but if I had AP, i'd be able to do it easily

Asayyeah
21st November 2006, 03:22 PM
I only succeeded it one time perfectly done ( but i cannie get the turbo weapon+BR after it), probably 2 or 3 times with crashing walls after the boost and maybe thousands of time where the BR is done but no boost on landing.
This is the hardest one for me so far.
is under 19.00 may be done by it?? i dunno

Rapier Racer
27th November 2006, 05:13 PM
I can pull it off on Rapier or Phantom with my Assegai however only if I'm far enough ahead as the slightest distraction and ooops, it’s easier to do when using that beast of a ship Triakis, but where is the chanllenge in that eh?

andy
27th November 2006, 11:15 PM
Just been on pure, finished a race and was on the stats screen. I was still fiddling with D-pad and noticed I did a barrel roll even though I wasn't controlling the ship anymore. Seems to work every time. Have any of you guys found this out?

KANDANG
27th November 2006, 11:33 PM
yeps
:) u can do that on every jump after the round had ended