PDA

View Full Version : The next host

Riccardo Raccis
18th September 2006, 11:33 PM
Aw-kay, so the 2197 races were hosted by the Makana guys. What next? What would you like, and what do you think will happen? Touring the world and beyond again or getting to know another future nation? I love the Pure setting. Being hosted in a single nation somehow adds depth. Now everyone knows and loves Mount Sebenco, aye? 8)

Asayyeah
19th September 2006, 12:55 PM
i put a bid on ebay for a week ski vacation to mount sebenco in december 2197 started at 0.01 euros ( no bidders than me for the moment ;) )

stin
19th September 2006, 04:50 PM
LOL! On that era!, you will never see that ship or skateboarder cos you will end up like Mr Burns! (Excellent!)

stevie:D

Lion
19th September 2006, 08:00 PM
personally I like the world tour aspect of the first 2 games and I find it a bit easier to accept as a possible reality.
formula 1 tours the world, and I see the f*00 races as a successor to that sport.

I can quite imagine a new karbonis for example, attached to the old circuit in some way as the nürnbergring is attached to the nordschleife - kept (in part) for it's historical significance, as well as because it's an awesome track

even if the core tournament is housed on one island, the rest of the world will still have tracks. we've just had pure's future F1, maybe we could have some kinda future A1 that uses additional tracks?

Chill
20th September 2006, 02:10 AM
If different places are used, I just hope it's not all completely futuristic building and stuff!!! Like some old ruins, pyramids (not going through them, but mabye up and around them, like the track is swirling all in between them), or some old Greek building, or old Indian ruins, you know what I mean?

Dominator
20th September 2006, 05:49 AM
Agreed Chill, would like to see more jungle/forest type environments too :)

Captain Q
20th September 2006, 11:58 AM
I think Makana had a good diversity, moreso than the generic Mega City. But yes, I do like the idea of going all over the world. Maybe they could introduce a league for each continent and then a world tour?

If different places are used, I just hope it's not all completely futuristic building and stuff!!! Like some old ruins, pyramids (not going through them, but mabye up and around them, like the track is swirling all in between them), or some old Greek building, or old Indian ruins, you know what I mean?

Well, I do disagree with that. There are plenty of games with historical or famous backgrounds like that, and racing around pyramids etc I feel has been done too much. Also, I don't think even in the future, momument protection societies or governments would let track developers get near such major places.

Airrider
20th September 2006, 05:02 PM
I like the idea of having regional areas and then a world tour. It seems a little more realistic to me. And racing around pyramids and such has become a little campy/cliche these days.

Sausehuhn
20th September 2006, 05:13 PM
I vote for tracks all around the world. Fusion style.

Riccardo Raccis
20th September 2006, 06:06 PM
I think Makana had a good diversity, moreso than the generic Mega City. But yes, I do like the idea of going all over the world. Maybe they could introduce a league for each continent and then a world tour?

Regional leagues! That's brilliant 8) I'd love that.

As for ancient monuments, A couple of track including them would suffice to me, as long as it's not just monuments. Example: an Egypt/Pyramids track would be nice, if said pyramids were put in a open museum of sorts. Like encased in 22nd century domes or something like that. No doubt the future Wipeout world has its past, but I still want it to be the future Wipeout world! :hyper

Zerow
21st September 2006, 07:46 PM
Aye, I brought up the idea of national, international, and world tournaments in the WipEout Ideas thread, and I too would like to see the tracks spread out across the world again, rather than confined to a single city/nation.

A track set entirely underwater (think of it as a full-length version of the underwater sections of Mandrashee and Vineta K) would be ideal for something different, I reckon!

Distrupto
22nd September 2006, 12:18 AM
How about different leagues, sometimes extremely different, with different kinds of ships and tracks, like Formula 1, LeMans/ALMS, and NASCAR all coexisting in the world today? The only problem is that if there are AG ships on oval tracks, it becomes a fusion-type destruction run in races and an amazingly boring time trial, so the "NASCAR of Anti-Gravity" can't be as simplistic as todays NASCAR is compared to today's F1, but they could use a bit of old tech, like current NASCARs still using carburators and not having rear wings. Sure, it might not fit in the WO style immediately, but the international league should be the classic WO-style gameplay.

Some leagues could be based in one country, while one much bigger class of AG-racing tours the world.

rdmx
22nd September 2006, 06:20 AM
Underwater tracks...
Hopefully a rocket doesn't rupture the tunnel roof!

Riccardo Raccis
22nd September 2006, 10:14 PM
Hopefully it does...

Rapier Racer
23rd September 2006, 01:17 AM
Nah they tend to go right through the glass like it wasn't even there at least that what I think I saw when a set of rockets went flying over my ship wouldn't think collapsing tunnels are a thing we're going to see in Wipeout, I don't want my ship buried in debris also it would be game over as the way would be blocked and if the track was completely under water, flooded

lunar
23rd September 2006, 10:52 AM
I think the best solution could be along the lines suggested by Captain Q, Airrider and others. Basically we could have a bunch of mini-Makanas, each a self contained "racing centre" with its own league of 4 to 6 seperate tracks. (Fusion kind of did this, but the overlapping track sections weren`t really a success. Also I think more than three tracks per location would be better.) So, for instance, Alpha League is in a part of the USA, Beta in a part of some other country and so on. You start the game with only one of these leagues open and unlock the usual way. Instead of descension, for the big tours, you get a World Tournament, going through each location in turn. This partly gets over the problem of unreality when you are in the USA for a three minute race, then instantly in Australia for another. :)

Warpspeed
23rd September 2006, 01:15 PM
Really good idea about the regional tounaments, itll add reality to the game!

Zerow
23rd September 2006, 10:52 PM
wouldn't think collapsing tunnels are a thing we're going to see in Wipeout, I don't want my ship buried in debris also it would be game over as the way would be blocked and if the track was completely under water, flooded

Indeed, it would just ruin the race.

In XGRA, there's an underwater track (or two), and during the intro before each event there, the commentator states that the glass cylinders the track is contained within is strong enough to withstand any of the weapons utilised by the bikers during the race.

I'm guessing that's the same for the underwater parts of Mandrashee and Vineta K, and would also stay that way should there ever be a fully underwater track in the next WipEout.

andy
23rd September 2006, 11:10 PM
It would ruin the race....and you'd get wet :(. It wouldn't be very realistic if you destroy the track and then restart it and it is exactly the same.

I'd like to see tracks all over the world and the teams could have home crowds. If you did it all over the world, everywhere could have it's own theme. Like a japanese temple or a track around london (maybe in the dome, or through the London Eye and around Big Ben :D).

There is nothing to say that a country couldn't have more than one track and regional sounds like a good idea. You could have the first tournament in, let's say, Africa and you work your way through to Europe.

Lion
25th September 2006, 07:21 AM
...or a track around london (maybe in the dome, or through the London Eye and around Big Ben :D).http://people.freenet.de/sausehuhn/galerie/sonstiges/Wipeout_300x256.jpg (http://people.freenet.de/sausehuhn/galerie/sonstiges/wipeout.ad.jpg)
thanks sausehuhn for saving these images from the wipeout fusion campaign

Zerow
25th September 2006, 09:11 PM
LOL.

That's brilliant! :D

Dominator
26th September 2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah forgot about that one :D LOL

andy
28th September 2006, 07:22 PM
It could be on an england succumbing to global warming. Rising sea levels engulfing towns and cities - steeples and blocks of flats rising out of the water.

And with it being global warming, it could turn dover into the carribean and the midlands into deserts.