View Full Version : Times on 123KLAN

Dominator
24th July 2006, 10:57 PM
Wanting to know people's best times on 123KLAN, Phantom
Mine are as follows:

Icaras

Race: Time 1.56.52, Best Lap 0.21.82
TT: Best Lap 0.22.31

I know there are lots of you out there with better times, let me know what i have to beat :)

Asayyeah
25th July 2006, 09:14 PM
for the lap time (http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/view.php?class=phantom)
héhéh nice 'bro you beat mine by the smallest margin that is possible ...but we are far from master Lunar ;)

About time trial race i got a 1.55.07 :cowboy

edited that after a session of 123 : here's a new 21.46 ;)

Dominator
25th July 2006, 10:54 PM
Very nice time indeed, I can't get past 01.56.98 on TT, bloody frustrating:(

Dominator
25th July 2006, 11:05 PM
WOW 21.46!! Race lap or TT? flying what??

Asayyeah
26th July 2006, 12:48 PM
i really love 123 Klan ( after Blue Ridge , my preciouss fav one ) even tho this is probably the race in Kai i lost the most numerous time lol
For the 21.46 it has been done by my beloved triakis in TT

About racelap i made 21.91 and 1.55.65 ( done in Kai )

lunar
26th July 2006, 06:09 PM
21.43 (TT) Goteki 45 :)

Asayyeah
26th July 2006, 07:19 PM
ouch it seems you really put in a claim on it :robot

Dominator
26th July 2006, 10:57 PM
Have tried Triakis & found i had to slow down in the corners too much, & a bad thrust didn't help much either.
Goteki45 has great thrust but just not quick enough on the straights, what am i missing here guys??
Where do you use your turbo, and do you barrel roll on 123KLAN??

lunar
27th July 2006, 12:43 AM
A lot of players think one of the greatest things about Triakis is actually its turning ability. More than any other ship, it doesn`t lose speed on the bends. You can use the brakes to steer it without losing too much speed. Goteki is slower on many turns, because it drifts, but it really can motor if you get a clean line linking lots of speed pads. There are a few sections in the game where it can beat Triakis, imo, as can Assegai and Medievil, and possibly AGS and Zone too.

Here`s a quick guide to 123 Klan. Asa might do things differently of course.

-after the start stick to the right side, between the white line and the wall. this is to make sure you`re on the correct line for the first speed pad.
- start to turn left just before the first speed pad, sideshift left exactly as you cross it
-this will let you sort of cut the next turn tight to the wall, and if the timing is right take you over speed pad 2 without any more adjustment.
-take the left turn before the open section tight to the left wall and cross the left side of the first speed pad on this section. Take the right turn, that follows on the open section, really close to the right edge.
-if you are too far to the left, sideshift right to correct your angle if necessary and head towards the hill.
-As you approach the small hill, follow the white line over the crest of it, jump, barrel roll
-try to land in between the two speed pads, not hitting them
-you may need to brake fairly hard to control this boost from the barrel roll
-take the slow left hander coming up very carefully, don`t sideshift and stay close to the left wall, on the chevrons, with constant brake-taps
-hit the left speed pad, or right one is no disaster, then follow the white line down the middle under the speakers. I find this semi-straight bit really tricky as it has a nasty curve on it.
-Just before the sharp left at the end of this, start to turn left, then sideshift or brake a bit to swing the ship around the turn. Whichever works best for you, but make sure you keep your speed up. The most important thing is to steer into the turn before it, and just complete the turn with brakes or sideshift.
-Ideally you wont hit the next speed pad, on the right hand side before the monkey. After the turn I just talked about, hit your boost as soon as the ship is stable. You have to wait a bit for the speed pad and it`s quicker to boost before it. The only danger with this method is you might not get enough air to do a barrel roll off your boost.
-If you are going to hit the speed pad, make sure you don`t boost beforehand or it will kill your boost speed. So in this case boost as soon as you are clear of the speed pad.
-Whichever way you do this corner, boost up the hill towards the monkey. As soon as you`re in the air, Barrel Roll. Then use the brakes to turn the ship so you`re pointing down the finish straight when you land. Try to land on a line to take you in between the two speed pads on the straight. If you hit them they`ll kill your boost speed from the barrel roll.

now if I could only actually do all this just right on the same lap.... :)

Asayyeah
27th July 2006, 07:01 PM
Amazing description you did , congrats !
I must say i was doing differently before but Lunar shows me the light now :)

lunar
27th July 2006, 07:46 PM
Yikes, better keep my mouth shut in the future ;)

Dominator
27th July 2006, 10:11 PM
Cheers Lunar, will try it your way :D

stin
29th July 2006, 09:09 PM
A lot of players think one of the greatest things about Triakis is actually its turning ability. More than any other ship, it doesn`t lose speed on the bends. You can use the brakes to steer it without losing too much speed. Goteki is slower on many turns, because it drifts, but it really can motor if you get a clean line linking lots of speed pads. There are a few sections in the game where it can beat Triakis, imo, as can Assegai and Medievil, and possibly AGS and Zone too.

Here`s a quick guide to 123 Klan. Asa might do things differently of course.

-after the start stick to the right side, between the white line and the wall. this is to make sure you`re on the correct line for the first speed pad.
- start to turn left just before the first speed pad, sideshift left exactly as you cross it
-this will let you sort of cut the next turn tight to the wall, and if the timing is right take you over speed pad 2 without any more adjustment.
-take the left turn before the open section tight to the left wall and cross the left side of the first speed pad on this section. Take the right turn, that follows on the open section, really close to the right edge.
-if you are too far to the left, sideshift right to correct your angle if necessary and head towards the hill.
-As you approach the small hill, follow the white line over the crest of it, jump, barrel roll
-try to land in between the two speed pads, not hitting them
-you may need to brake fairly hard to control this boost from the barrel roll
-take the slow left hander coming up very carefully, don`t sideshift and stay close to the left wall, on the chevrons, with constant brake-taps
-hit the left speed pad, or right one is no disaster, then follow the white line down the middle under the speakers. I find this semi-straight bit really tricky as it has a nasty curve on it.
-Just before the sharp left at the end of this, start to turn left, then sideshift or brake a bit to swing the ship around the turn. Whichever works best for you, but make sure you keep your speed up. The most important thing is to steer into the turn before it, and just complete the turn with brakes or sideshift.
-Ideally you wont hit the next speed pad, on the right hand side before the monkey. After the turn I just talked about, hit your boost as soon as the ship is stable. You have to wait a bit for the speed pad and it`s quicker to boost before it. The only danger with this method is you might not get enough air to do a barrel roll off your boost.
-If you are going to hit the speed pad, make sure you don`t boost beforehand or it will kill your boost speed. So in this case boost as soon as you are clear of the speed pad.
-Whichever way you do this corner, boost up the hill towards the monkey. As soon as you`re in the air, Barrel Roll. Then use the brakes to turn the ship so you`re pointing down the finish straight when you land. Try to land on a line to take you in between the two speed pads on the straight. If you hit them they`ll kill your boost speed from the barrel roll.

now if I could only actually do all this just right on the same lap.... :)

Amazing description you did , congrats !
I must say i was doing differently before but Lunar shows me the light now

Yikes, better keep my mouth shut in the future

Precisley!!! are you trying to annoy us or what?

Did you know you already signed the secrets act of 1984 meaning you must not reveal to Asayyeah or Zoolander?!!!!!!

stevie;)

Asayyeah
30th July 2006, 01:27 PM
ahahah what a post after your fortnight spent in the north of Scotland !!

i am glad you don't loose your humour :robot

;)

JABBERJAW
1st August 2006, 10:06 AM
I'll have to copy this post before you delete it!

lunar
1st August 2006, 10:44 AM
Good idea, you and Stevie have made me see the light there. :)

Actually I have a much better new plan for this track. Follow the guide until you get to the open section. Just before the small jump there, hit your boost and go off the left side of the track as far as you can. Keep doing this until you find a magic time-portal which will take you to the finish. Honestly there`s one in there somewhere. Keep repeating this and forget about the rest of it, this plan is much better. ;) :paperbag

And Stevie - how about a track guide for Sol2? ;)

I don`t really like 123 Klan much. It`s my least favourite Omega. It feels kind of slow and "sticky" to fly, its hard to explain. But Arnaud`s time on Card City is extra-terrestrial: under 30 seconds in race mode. He has told me how to achieve it, but I`m not inclined to even attempt such insane stunts at the moment. :)

JABBERJAW
1st August 2006, 11:40 PM
It would be cool to see the video of it.

lunar
2nd August 2006, 07:19 AM
I`m not sure if the PSPonTV recording system he uses works or not at the moment. It`s a new technique I think, so won`t be on the older Omega videos.

stin
2nd August 2006, 11:01 AM
Stevie - how about a track guide for Sol2? :)

Yes I can give you plenty of hints, here I go= Just stay in the middle on the track.

stevie;)

Lance
2nd August 2006, 02:16 PM
That's still funny even though I never played Pure; luckily I seem to have heard descriptions of racing on Sol 2.. uh... somewhere. :D

Asayyeah
5th August 2006, 02:22 AM
Pspontv is working perfectly now : i ve fixed the larsen sound tonight :)

... and to fit perfectly with that thread i started a 123 Klan free play session after that good news from pspontv... i didn't record the laps but just took a pic from my resulting session cause that worths to have a look on it.

Not only because this new lap record is a pretty good one with 21.18 :cake but also for a funny reason : click here to view it and find the funny thing (http://gallery.filefront.com/asayyeah//246482/)

the menu is in french but this is not the funny thing ;)

lunar
5th August 2006, 08:19 AM
Weird stuff, reminds me of Ali`s £2.97 he payed for 2097 on ebay. I remember stuff like that. If only the track was called 999 Klan then you might have fallen asleep before beating my record. :robot

Solid time mate, I thought 21.30 was about the best I would be able to reach in my G45 with a faultless lap. Maybe I could challenge your time in Goteki, but I think it would be time to reach for the Big T. I don`t like to let that enemy ship ( ;) ) have too many of my lap records though. By the way did you discover any more tips for this track? Do share them, for the sake of the community..... :)

Asayyeah
5th August 2006, 03:08 PM
yeah weird stuff isn't it? : lap record for 123 Klan at lap123 ...
Like you say hopefully it's not 999 Klan, lol

i am gonna upload it today into the ghost site, anyway during the first 80 laps i ve tried to perform a 3rd BR into that race. That idea came from a bad line i get on lap1 after the first br into the open section : the br boost sent me directly into the left side of the track where is located the left low wall and i took it , done a br by instinct and land on the right boost pad before the semi-straight : ok i hit the wall despite of that i kept a good speed for doing a good 22.39 on my first lap!
Then i decided to work on that tricky tip, here's my conclusion : it could be done only if you have enough speed otherwise it seems your ship's nose goes too much high and you immediately go out. Even though your speed is good you may missed your line on that low wall with this kind of result : you go out on the left side or you just hit the ' inside' of the left curve. Sometimes your line is correct but you don't take off you just ' cut ' the low wall without decreasing speed a lot and of course no br possible in that case. That's a lot of settings to think about.
Maybe on the 80 laps i succeeded just 3 times this BR with not so bad landing ( but cannie concluded by a RLap due to mistakes on other part of the track , 20 times i BR with crap landing and the rest of the laps were only :turd .
The 21.18 has been done without this technique : i used the regular's one = br on open area then boost at the bottom of the last hill + br for the last straight.
I ve done some minor corrections to your 123 Klan's guide : on the 14 points you mentionned above :
on point 1 , i cross the line on the left side ( between wall and the white line ) i go straight to the right boost and then sideshift immediately on the left ( i don't loose speed except when i bump before the 2nd boost ) to slightly hit the right side of the boost pad.
next is the same as you did.

Hope this help :)

lunar
5th August 2006, 04:22 PM
yes that little bump before the second boost is one of the biggest problems on that track. Also, did you hit the speed pad before the monkey, or boost straight out of that corner? I`m always wary of boosting too soon. Although it gets us up to speed fast, we are maybe wasting some of our eventual top speed on premature acceleration. Depends on what is coming up next, I suppose.

that 3rd BR sounds crazy, maybe really would have required 999 laps to get that one with perfection everywhere else. :)

EDIT: ok it was my destiny to let Triakis have a go at this one 8), and got round in 20.97; Goteki parked in the garage, sulking. That is absolutely the LAST track I will take away from Goteki in my profile. ;)

Asayyeah
5th August 2006, 10:39 PM
O-O :robot O-O

stin
6th August 2006, 09:00 AM
Lunar, why are you soo obsessed with Goteki?! because why are you using the Piranha on your avatar?:sonar

Great score and you certainly put asa in perspective!

stevie;)

lunar
6th August 2006, 03:05 PM
don`t fancy the Pure avatars much. If we could have ship pics I might change from Piranha to G45, but that avatar is for the 2097 Piranha, arguably (very) the greatest challenge and biggest rush in Wipeout imo (apologies to Lance and other Qirex lovers). I know, all my attempts not to offend anyone wrecked that sentence. Goteki is just the most fun ship in Pure, I think, and as most of Asa`s times are out of my universe even in Triakis there`s mostly no point using it and over-writing my Goteki times.

I should say 123 Klan was very competitive on kai last night, quite a grudge match. ;) Hope to see you on kai again soon Stevie.

*cue eerie music*

Is it that little person saying 3-2-1 go at the end of 123 Klan, causing some voodoo? And maybe I`m a bit slow, but I just realised my new time, 20.97, is actually 2097. More freakiness here, that track is haunted:cold. This means no-one is allowed to beat that time, or the monkey will get you, okay? ;)

Asayyeah
6th August 2006, 10:03 PM
Picture this : me in front of your ghost viewing the monkey being transformed like the one of the 'Pirates of the Carribean' :robot ...ok i probably start thinking like you : this track is under black voodoo! Or this is a subliminal message from SL to underline the direct line between Pure and 2097
:sonar

Dominator
6th August 2006, 10:24 PM
Awesome times:clap

Asayyeah
7th August 2006, 03:26 PM
The scene takes place last night on msn : 3 fellow hungry Triakis hunting the fast Gott's ghost.
Mu5, Del Stepho and me.
We spent a great time together, talking but mostly racing your crazy ghost matey !
Mu5 didn't lowered his time staying around 21.4 ( but experimenting new final line: sounds promising), Del spotted his new lap record ( 21.27 ) and about me i ve clocked an under 21 : 20.83 :dizzy

What i can say is i ve been doing a great start without loosing speed on the first hard left all the rest was closed to be a perfect lap but i stupidily hit the right wall on the final straight ( not sure it cost me a lot maybe just few hundreth )

infoxicated
7th August 2006, 03:31 PM
This is good stuff, guys - it's really motivating me to get the new records table system done knowing that you'll make good use of it.

Keep pushing the limits. :+

Asayyeah
7th August 2006, 03:37 PM
The way you describe your future records table is a real way of motivation for all of us :)

Keep pushing the limits.
For sure.
No limits for WZ members yihaaaaaa:cowboy

lunar
7th August 2006, 05:28 PM
Rob, I`ll certainly be putting in all of my times, good or bad. I`m sure your work is going to be worthwhile :D Hope I`m right on this, I calculated 540 tables in Pure, with all 5 classes, race and TTs, full distance and lap records. That`s a lot of competition possible and everyone has a chance.

123 Klan is not over yet, I hope. I just need to mentally prepare myself for the challenge :o That really is a monumental time Asa, congrats. :+

Dominator
7th August 2006, 10:27 PM
Your times are insane guys!!
Tried Triakis for the 1st time and did a 22.11 my quickest yet, see what you mean about this craft, it really has potential, i just need to master it to get closer to your times, i will get there :D
Wouldn't it be better if the new tables were focused on Phantom and Phantom alone, i don't race on any other class as im sure most of you don't and thought it would be easier and quicker for our good mate Rob to get the job done, just a thought ;)

lunar
8th August 2006, 07:45 AM
:) You`re getting there Dom, the start is the real key and the section through to the open bit. Use your previous lap`s turbo for the hot lap, so you cross the line at high speed. But I learned one important thing about this from Asa`s ghost, and I remember El giving this tip a while ago for another track. Don`t turbo immediately before the start line, which seems the obvious thing, but further back, so you carry greater speed into the start of the hot lap. On 123 Klan I think the perfect spot is roughly on the third row of the start grid from the front. Thanks to Asa`s ghost for this instruction on the exact right point. 21.04 last night on a quick blast, but the monkey magic wasn`t there. :)

Asayyeah
8th August 2006, 12:48 PM
Last time with Mu & Del we changed from ship to experiment the BR without turbo at the monkey and get the turbo else where but no luck for us and as suggested by Mu , we took the zone, after spending time around 22.5 i suddenly get a 21.07 perfect lap with it , and was in front of the 20.83 till the left bend after open area and missed too much speed there damn :(

Lance
8th August 2006, 12:48 PM
Your times are insane guys!!
Wouldn't it be better if the new tables were focused on Phantom and Phantom alone, i don't race on any other class as im sure most of you don't and thought it would be easier and quicker for our good mate Rob to get the job done, just a thought ;)

Not a thought I agree with. :)

lunar
8th August 2006, 12:54 PM
Please don`t beat it with Zone, Arnaud, it would be so wrong! ;) I think zone could get a lot of lift from the speed pads at the start, but would struggle to carve through that slow left corner like a Triakis, but maybe not.....

I agree Lance we need the "flower classes" (nods to Leeds). The competition can be just as fierce, you have to fly perfect races, and it gives most of us a chance to get one over the usual suspects. :)

Asayyeah
8th August 2006, 01:29 PM
i suggest a unique 123 Klan table phantom for Pure with only Zone ship switch, lol just a thought
:D

Dominator
9th August 2006, 10:03 PM
Done a 0.21.28, i know this can be improved on and will continue trying till i break the 21 barrier :)

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 04:13 PM
ok i am hijacking this a bit but...
yesterday around 2.30 am ( ok it's late but a nice hour to spend perfect time racing quietly with friends ) Lunar, Del Stepho & me started a msn TT session focused on Sol2 , 3 triakis... yeah weird isn't it? a Gott treacherous among us :p
What was the result of this? , stevie's 21.95 has been shooted by Del himself with a new great 21.84 !

those kind of sessions between fellow wipers are always a huge pleasure :clap

Del Stepho
11th August 2006, 05:33 PM
Hi all, it was very great to play with you 2, guys.
Sol 2 is a good track, I hope that we'll replay at 3 or more ;) Cya

stin
11th August 2006, 07:30 PM
:mad: You want Game? yer on......mate!:pirate

stevie;)

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 07:47 PM
watch out! stevie is awake :cowboy

lunar
11th August 2006, 11:48 PM
I see Del is now at 21.70 on Sol2. Great, great time. But stay out of Bonnybridge for a while mate ;)

to bring it back on topic ;) I have a new time: 123Klan, Phantom, TT, Triakis, 20.67. I can`t honestly remember a damn thing about this lap, I was in a blur after 20.86 twice, and 20.85 twice, but I must have done quite a few things right! I can`t imagine trying to beat it again, unless I discover a new technique somewhere.

a Gott treacherous among us

No more, my Triakis "experiment" is over. I need to learn how to fly my Goteki again though, I just tried and it was a disaster. :)

Asayyeah
12th August 2006, 01:12 AM
out of topic (http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2151gg6.jpg) just to say anyone can have his 1 min worlwide famous but in my case it' was my stupidest moment since a long time. I confused my folders ... the one where i store all my existing ghosts into my pc and the one from the psp when i plug my usb cable... so i usually upload first my ghost into the site and then i delete my old ghost on the 2nd folder and get my new one here... this time i just get the opposite and erase the wrong ghost... :mad:
Bye bye racing this great lap ...only a pic not to be totally ruined...

And when i saw SPK 123 result i know where i am going to spend my next 300 laps in TT :banzai

q_dmc12
16th August 2006, 11:06 AM
I have not attemted a free run nor TT on 123K yet - perhaps later today...

Dominator
16th August 2006, 10:25 PM
20.67 :o
Well done lunar, hey know what you mean about going back to your fav craft after flying Triakis, lets get out the L plates :redface:

q_dmc12
22nd August 2006, 11:41 AM
T T: 2.12.03
B L: 0.24.80

...OOPS! Almost forgot, I was using AG Sys (livery, if that makes a difference)

q_dmc12
31st May 2007, 11:31 PM
hmmm, I'll have to try this again when I get home - I recon a year of improvement might have something to show....