PDA

View Full Version : Time trials

pedrodaman
10th May 2002, 07:17 PM
Hey all :) Does this site have leaque boards for fusion i've looked about but can only find wip3out leaques
If there is not one will there be one starting up

cheers :D

Wamdue
10th May 2002, 09:21 PM
well, for Wipeout Fusion, an official league board was made at www.wipeoutfusion.com

However, there are great flaws in their code system used.. cheating and etc..

So basically, its up to if theres enough intrest and of course if Infox wants/has time to spend at a new board.

welcome to the forums by the way.

pedrodaman
10th May 2002, 10:45 PM
Cheers dude just wondering :)

The fusion website is doing my nut in i've posted times up on those boards but cant really tell how well im doing i think they are good times (on most tracks anyways) but theres no sure way of knowing .....

Too many cheaters ruining it for the real racers

anyway moan over

cheers for clearing that up dude
And thx for the welcome

:D [/url]

DGhost
11th May 2002, 12:25 AM
So I was not so crazy when I checked wipeoutfusion.com

The webpage is beautiful but it took me an hour at least to figure how it was laid out. Just to reach the board for the first time was tough. I didn't went there since a couple of weeks ago. Instead I'm here because the page is more easy to surf and the board is really cool! :lol:

But I'm surprise to learn that there isn't an official league of Fusion yet... maybe in a couple of weeks we'll see something! :wink:

Sparta(Assegai)
16th July 2002, 08:57 PM
i couldnt find where i put in my web code at all.. where do i go?

Sven
16th July 2002, 11:34 PM
I personally would much like some Fusion tables at this site.

Lance
17th July 2002, 01:49 AM
the tables are on Rob's server, and he works for Sony; and Sony doesn't want competition for their official Fusion site, soooo..... unless those conditions change, no fusion tables on wipeoutzone

Sven
17th July 2002, 02:39 AM
what if they're on a different server? :wink:

Lance
17th July 2002, 07:33 PM
have you got the cash to operate one? ;)

Sven
17th July 2002, 10:59 PM
I DO have one, actually :D

Lance
18th July 2002, 01:34 AM
what are your instantaneous and monthly bandwidth limits and peak single channel transfer rates?

Sven
18th July 2002, 12:49 PM
well, I have 16gigs of monthly transfer (I think that should be enough...), I don't know about instantaneous transfer rates or single channel transfer. (As a matter of fact, I'm not sure what you mean by "single channel transfer rates")

I'm using about 500 megs of transfer monthly (so far), and I've got at least 150 megs out of 200 of storage, so I've got plenty of room to spare.

infoxicated
18th July 2002, 08:54 PM
The problem is not one of space or bandwidth because the time tables don't actually use up much bandwidth. The problem is that my position with Sony means that I cant take any traffic away from the official site.

Around six months ago I put a render I was given on the front end of WipeoutZone. I was told that I could do this in one instance. But then a week or so later I ended up with a bit of earache because that render had been given to a magazine for exclusive use.

Then Damon Fairclough provided a load of fan fiction for the site - stuff that he'd written for previous Wipeout manuals that hadn't been used. Anyhow, I made the mistake of mentioning this at work and was given a polite but firm indication that I shouldn't put that on wipeoutzone for a while because it would take traffic away from the official site.

This was the reason I decided to drop support for Wipeout Fusion from the site. I held the Megamall madness challenge for Wipeout 3 and changed the site banners back to a more retro Wipeout font style instead of the 'Fusion font that I had used in the New Year re-design. I stopped taking part in forum posts regarding the game and I stopped playing the game at home because I felt sick to my stomach at the way things had gone.

Now all of the above will probably get me ****ed over by the thought police once again, even though Wipeout Fusion has come and gone and the traffic on the official site has stayed pretty constant. (Whereas this place has experienced the usual seasonal ups and downs no different from last year, so I don't think we robbed any traffic.)

The events that I've already been given an ear bashing for are all I'm willing to take. To be honest, Wipeout Fusion is not my favourite game in the series and I don't feel the need for one single second to risk yet another smack on the wrist for the continued support of the product.

I do this for free - I hyped up the game for free - I tried to support the product for no gain other than to encourage people to enjoy the continuation of the series. But then my position with Sony was used as leverage to prevent me from placing material on this site that would have done nothing more harmful than provide more free hype for the game.

If anyone at all wants to host time tables for Wipeout Fusion then I am more than happy to link to your site and you can take all the traffic/kudos/whatever from your labours. But the truth is that you are 100 times more likely to see tables for Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 appearing on this site (with all the cross format/cross platform woe that would bring) than you are tables for Wipeout Fusion.

The only Wipeout Fusion stuff that will appear on this site will be the images and text I was supplied in a press pack in November last year, which I am drip feeding onto the features area.

I simply refuse to take any risks in supporting the game when I'd much rather have a job and less hassle in my life. It's just not worth it.

Sven
18th July 2002, 11:25 PM
Capitalist bastards! :x

Well, in any case, I'd be more than happy to host Wipeout Fusion time tables (as long as it doesn't eat up all my recourses). It's just that I don't know anything about php, so I wouldn't be able to actually make the tables. Someone else would have to build and manage them and everything, but I wonder if that would be another "conflict of interest".....

Lance
18th July 2002, 11:46 PM
there would be no conflict since Rob isn't going to do it