PDA

View Full Version : Ingame videos

Asayyeah
29th June 2006, 08:29 PM
Last year i ve hosted into rapidshare site more than 40 videos about piranha & qirex race records, that was only single race per single race no real video-editing between them.
Anyway all those rapidS.' links are broken now due to one month inactivity.
Lately with the Kai videos from Pure i thought give a chance to my old-good videos and decided to link them in a cool movie clip mixed with music ( first step into Djing with Audacity : lol, for real purist DJ like Shem or Kowa my work is :turd but mixed with real cool 2097 video action that rocks guys :) )

I ve started with Piranha SR phantom the 8 races
and a quick bonus of 2 min30 from 5 laps record + 7 eliminations by plasma.
Piranha TT & Qirex SR+TT will follow later

Enjoy it's here (http://hosted.filefront.com/asayyeah)

Sausehuhn
29th June 2006, 09:07 PM
two words:

amazingly fast.

...ah and one more:

perfect.

lunar
30th June 2006, 10:54 AM
Awesome, and then some. :banzai

At first, my mind was always waiting for the barrel roll off the jumps.....

The tight turns you make at high speed, scrape round the corner using every inch of the track....... really exhilarating. Great stuff. :clap

AmigoJack
1st July 2006, 08:26 PM
thats...

...breath-taking-nose-bleeding-ultra-extremely-fast!! floating like that isnt humanic anymore, its far beyond übergodlike. i feel like being ages too old and lightyears too slow for this planet after seeing those rushes. looked like a combination of cheats, fast forwards and drugs. and i have problems doing perfects on rapier speeds... those moves surely rok!

cant wait too see more of that, although i fear falling into a speed coma :P

oh: which track/artist is the very first one in Wipeout_2097_phantom_piranha_SR___8_races.avi?

Asayyeah
2nd July 2006, 02:31 AM
thanks guys , greetings are always appreciated here :)
the video parts of pirahna TT and Qirex SR are finished now ( 16 min & 20 min) , i need to cut the audio part of them , find cool tracks that suit for them, mixing them too ( with a good tempo i hope... ) and paste again the new audio with the video :pc

this track ( the first one ) is taken from a mix of Dj Tiesto ( Nyana vol1), sadely i didn't know the name of that track or artist but definitely among my best of music. when i hear the only thing she says that is supposed to be ' Fly ...or 'take a flight ' for my ear , that über-motivated me for doing those insane lines :banzai

2nd track is also a DJ Tiesto's one called ' the tube ' from the great cds ' best of Bonzaï records'

3rd one is Sister Soul - Ghost mix from ' Essential Ibiza anthems disc 5 '

i used a typical heavy sound for the elimination bonus ( the small vid) :
K ( aka known as Kai tracid ) - Only the strong

stin
2nd July 2006, 07:20 AM
LOL I was listening to Tiesto few hours ago and I didn`t realised they ARE that good!

BTW, cool videos! not seen that for ages!.

stevie:D

Asayyeah
4th July 2006, 10:02 PM
Piranha TT Phantom is ready to be downloaded !!

There's no contenders ( the slow chicanes ;) ) in this TT session but that doesn't mean i am 'alone' racing : on few tracks you can see my ghost in front of me or hear it right at my back : in a crazy 1 vs 1 :o

This is also mixed with 5 inspiriting audio tracks that fit perfectly ( for me at least ;) ) with that 'Flying touch of racing ' ( don't forget ;) i belong to the FFF team ( Free French Flyer ) )

Smoothly Does It
6th July 2006, 02:18 PM
Damn, kinda gutted that i've got to post from the library now, can't download that (not at a whopping 8kbps anyway :brickwall) Still, i've probs seen 'em already. Was wondering when you were gonna share these things :) Whatever happened to the CDs you were gonna prepare anyway?

Asayyeah
6th July 2006, 07:36 PM
*** CDs/DVD **** work on progress :)

Zerow
18th July 2006, 10:25 PM
Only just got round to watching it.

That . . . was absolutely phenomenal! It makes my so called 'skills' at 2097 seem utterly pathetic. :paperbag

Brilliant stuff, anyway! :clap

Asayyeah
19th July 2006, 06:25 PM
Always there to get pleasure for people :p

Tora_2097
29th July 2006, 08:32 AM
Simply outstanding man.
Exceptional skills and even on every track! I have been on par with you on a few tracks (Talons Reach, Sagarmatha, Phenitia Park, Spilskinanke) years ago, but I never performed that great with such a variety.
Truly inspiring, thanks a lot!

Tora_2097

(need to play wo 2097 now...)

Asayyeah
30th July 2006, 01:37 PM
damn if you ve got the same skills for racing than for doing your awesome project, i can be shitty scared by you :cold

;)

pseudolongino
31st July 2006, 08:57 PM
ehi man, you're awesome, I searched a lot for in game videos of wipeout 2097
I liked your SR movie so much that I decided to make another audio montage with some of my favourites tracks; I don't have the sound effects to mix though, so it would be really great if you could upload them, or send them by email (pseudolongino@alice.it)
another neat thing that you could do would be to repeat those tracks in which you bumped (valparaiso and odessa key I think), in order to make a perfect run of wipeout 2097, whaddya think? (although it would lose the human touch...)

pseudolongino
2nd August 2006, 06:31 PM
I did it anyway, thanks to the effects found online
now it is much better...

Asayyeah
4th August 2006, 08:01 PM
I add you to my msn buddie list if you want them but it seems you got them finally.
héhéh the music fits perfectly to my racing skill ( the French Flying Touch ;) ) but i can understand you wanna change it

Hope it's not rap or heavy metal you put with .... sacrilege :mad:

:p

Tora_2097
6th August 2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Arnaud, I wonder what device you used to steer your ships. Is it a NegCon maybe? Once I realised that a D-Pad is of no good use once you are in Rapier or even Phantom I got myself a V3 Racing wheel and spent numerous hours to customize it for exactly my needs. I used a midpoint tolerance of only 2 degrees and a range from -16 to +16 from maximum left to maximum right. Airbrakes on right thumb, weapons on left.

Asayyeah
6th August 2006, 09:51 PM
Honestly Tora you should go to ebay and find a cheap negcon. Definitely
I know how much you love that game ( in the way you kept 2097's roots for your recent project ), and negcon ( aka Neggie after spending many years with her ;) ) is the ultimate controler especially for 2097/XL.
Your racing wheel is without a doubt better than the normal D-Pad but you must find one, trust me or use the search engine of this site , and google negcon on it you will see our long & interesting discussion about Neggie and of course the comments of the lucky owners ;)

Asayyeah
8th August 2006, 07:29 PM
First i-link video uploaded :cowboy

Recorded from a cool session we had few weeks ago , Dag & me.
Here's sagarmatha, phénitia park, spylskinanke raced by Dag with his Auricom ( external view ) vs my Ag Systems. I added a picture of an ended race with 4 eliminations on it : scary :cold .

Unfortunately my own video showing AG-S had a big bug with sound after recording, so no way to mix the 2 in one.

( to be continued )

:pc

Zerow
8th August 2006, 11:00 PM
Great to see some more videos.

Keep 'em coming! :+

Dominator
9th August 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey Arnaud, I wonder what device you used to steer your ships.
No device or gadget there!! He must be useing the Force ;)
Holy **** Arnaud, it's been years since i played 2097, doubt i was this good, brilliant stuff :clap

Tora_2097
10th August 2006, 06:40 PM
Hey Arnaud, I actually followed your recomendation about purchasing a Negcon controller. I sold my racing wheel years ago around the same time I quit intensive console gaming in favour to computer graphics creation and daily work to earn some money:)
So I was left home with just a dual shock 2 controller from my PS2 and everbody knows that as soon as you reach rapier a D-Pad works like crap. I found a cheap second hand Negcon and tried it out for around half an hour todays afternoon and it immediately felt comfortable to me. Though I am still ages beyond my times I had with my racing wheel, I can feel its potential. I need a ot of training anyway to reach my old skill level.
You'll get some competition soon, so watch out. :)
Best regards,

Benjamin

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 03:49 PM
I am glad you found quickly a used negcon.
But i am sad to hear you love it , cause all that future time ' wasted ' ( lol this is ironic ) practising Neggie , won't allow you time for your project everyone wants to see the final video hi res !!

ok this is probably a way for me avoiding to see you kicking my arse on phantom :banzai

Anyway Benjamin , have a real fun & enjoyment with that preciousss controller and think a little bit about your project too ;)

Tora_2097
11th August 2006, 04:07 PM
Well... I actually have too many things going on recently which keeps me away from working concentrated on such a huge project. I just signed contract with my new employer, than I have to find an apartement in Berlin, move to Berlin and all that anyoing stuff this is related to.
I only want to work further on it when I have come to rest with fresh energy, and highly motivated. Currently I just wanna burn some perfect laps into Talon's carbonized steel at Phantom for relaxing when I have some time. :)
But I defenitely wanna build some small parts meanwhile to just keep you guys updated.
regards,

Benjamin

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 04:22 PM
Good luck with your new job in Berlin :)
Looking for an accommodation/flat in such big cities is always a hard task like doing a sub 15 on talon's ;)

Tora_2097
11th August 2006, 06:02 PM
thanks arnaud, btw. which angle settings have you used on your neGcon? I am currently using 24° which is a tad to high for piranha/ phantom speeds I think.
Maybe a setting below 20 is good. That what I used on my racing wheel at least...

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 07:10 PM
i am using 0/0/6 for settings with pirahna and not much than 20/0/6 with other ships

In fact when you reduce at max the angle, you only need to master the airbrakes to find your line : twisting is just for giving an impulsion to the right or left to your ship.
Get a quick tap on an airbrake to see how pirahna reacts and then you can deduce a new way to learn pirahna's handling
Try to google into this 2097 forum about the ' airbrake technique'
;)

Asayyeah
11th August 2006, 07:10 PM

Tora_2097
11th August 2006, 08:12 PM
that sounds intersting Arnaud, I'll try this out soon. I however have been able to produce a row of below 15's on Talons Reach with my racing wheel without that technique. (sigh... good 'ol times...)

Asayyeah
12th August 2006, 11:40 AM
You should enter your old times into the records table if you remember them a sub 15 is really a great one :+

Tora_2097
12th August 2006, 12:23 PM
I managed a 14.6 a few times, but that is the only time I can remember from the old times. With my new neGcon I am still struggling to get below 17 atm... (shame, need more practice).

Lance
12th August 2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Arnaud, I think I remember doing a 13.94 on Talon's Reach Phantom TT about 9 years ago. I should enter that on the tables.

:D ;)

JABBERJAW
12th August 2006, 10:41 PM
except there were no hundreths
If you are going to lie, do it right!!!!!! :)

Asayyeah
13th August 2006, 03:42 AM
yeah there was hundreth !! even thousandth when i did a sub 10 sec,
15 years ago ... :D

How can i get serious with that :rolleyes:

Smoothly Does It
13th August 2006, 12:49 PM
i am using 0/0/6 for settings with pirahna and not much than 20/0/6 with other ships

I thought you used all 0s, Arnaud? That's what I use at TR, doesn't work elsewhere though so I too add that 6 deadzone outside of Talon's.

14.6 eh tora? Not a bad time (OK, a good time... OK, as good as my PB :paperbag) but how did you manage that without braketapping? Was that like the final lap of a race of something, it takes forever to accelerate without tapping! :- Still, I welcome you to race at TR, means I don't have to race there as much to give Arnaud someone to race against lol, I can concentrate on the things that matter... W30 :hyper

Tora_2097
13th August 2006, 05:18 PM
I dunno exactly actually. I believe it was very similiar to what you call "braketapping". I used very small angles for my racing wheel with tiny steering imputs and very short airbrake usage. I guess it works just about the same (if not completely identical) as your method.

Oh and what are talking about hundreth and thousandth here??? I was talking about MINUTES! :)

Asayyeah
13th August 2006, 06:07 PM
I thought you used all 0s, Arnaud? That's what I use at TR, doesn't work elsewhere though so I too add that 6 deadzone outside of Talon's.

The '6' is for the nose not the twisting angle.
You can have 0, 6, 12 or 18 : i used that position the '6' to let the ship not bumping too much on the 1st cut, and that let me adjust the pitch easier for the rest of the track.

If you don't use airbrake tapping method and cut perfectly the first right corner, no way to be under 15 sec... sincerely

Rapier Racer
13th August 2006, 11:04 PM
Just got the 2097 vid where uncatchable Mr Arnaud races all tracks at phantom :dizzy :o
I don't suppose you could tell me the name of that song that plays during the Talons Reach race and the first half of Sagamartha? peeeeez :cowboy

Asayyeah
14th August 2006, 11:58 AM
yeah for sure :)
If you mean the TT phantom video : it's a single called ' ex-girlfriend ' by 'Urban Electro Squad' :rock groooovy baby :D

Rapier Racer
14th August 2006, 12:08 PM
No the SR one, song sounds kind of saddish lol fits in with the game rather nicely i think

Asayyeah
14th August 2006, 05:38 PM
:guitar the 'Fly' one from Dj Tiesto ' Nyarna vol1' :guitar

My 2097 anthem 8)

Lance
17th August 2006, 04:44 AM
except there were no hundreths
If you are going to lie, do it right!!!!!! :)

I did do it right; I made it completely absurd and unbelievable, which is what I intended it to be. :D

Sakijep
14th November 2006, 03:42 PM
nice video!
first time i see all those imba shortcut on wipeout 2097...
it remember me all the fun i can have with this great game (but by now i m not really playing it anymore...)

Oldschool
18th September 2016, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the necromancy here, I appreciate it's an old thread.
Just wondering if anybody has the videos that were posted by the thread starter still? I'd love to get my hands on them again as I used to love the combination of speed and the soundtrack he put together.
I had them on a media player that was burgled several years ago and I haven't been able to find them since. Brought some great nostalgia those vids did.

Appreciate any help if you can point me in the right direction.

Cipher
18th September 2016, 08:23 PM
Amigojack might have it somewhere, could shoot him a PM ;)

Perforu
27th October 2016, 04:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTq2cELangFpbC0y_ueCpuw
The legend. :)
I think his Piranha records are not there unfortunately, but you may ask him to share them- I need to do that too I guess. I had all of these videos at my HD not so long ago, but not sure what happened with the drive T_T

Btw it's my first log in in years

Shards
23rd July 2017, 02:45 PM
tfw you're struggling to place on Odessa Keys & you see this video :brickwall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sfF6dg3Hkg