PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Track

Liquid
9th May 2006, 05:49 PM
Just out of interest, what is everyones most hated track, and why?

I have the euro version. And for me it would have to be Paris Hair from the omega pack.

I hate it so much! its so pink! argh. and all the eyes and teath everywhere. i rly dont like that track. its just odd. especialy the sounds of some woman laughing or going "Mmmmmm" and "oOooo"

In my opinion its an awful track.

stin
9th May 2006, 06:22 PM
That I definlately agree with ya! cos everytime I play multiplay on online with guys and I always destest Paris Hair!

stevie:pirate

lunar
9th May 2006, 06:52 PM
I love Paris Hair, sort of for the reasons you hate it, Liquid. It`s a great, fast track design once you get the hang of it. Also when you first play it and the voices laugh at you, as you screw it up and bang the walls, is just brilliant. The whole idea is just great, I think. :D

On topic, for most hated, it`s close between Sinucit and Citta Nuova. Perhaps I`m going to express this too strongly, but Sinucit is a tawdry, tedious bore of a track with long, boring, lifeless corners and nothing to really amuse in all the drab dreariness of the whole thing. It doesn`t have single part that makes you go wOw when you get it just right. Citta Nuova is a half-thought out, poorly executed wham-bang-crash-slap of endless bottoming out and silly ups and downs that are totally out of sync with the corners. In its defense, it can have some good moments occasionally, even though it`s just a matter of the pilot overcoming the track. So on the whole I`d say Sinucit wins because it really doesn`t have any very good bits imo. :)

Lion
9th May 2006, 07:19 PM
there isn't really any one that I dislike immensely
paris hair I like the aesthetics and the sounds, but there's something different about its corner geometry that I just can't get used to
citta nuova I will always struggle with, but I find it so satisfying to get a good clean lap on it that it nearly makes up for it
sebenco peak is probably the track I get the least enjoyment out of

Asayyeah
9th May 2006, 09:17 PM
Last fav for me would be ... Mandrashee : i don't enjoy much classique1 pack and Mandra could be the track i send to the dustbin ... not tricky track just no aim no envy to win on that one .

q_dmc12
9th May 2006, 09:18 PM
I really HATE Citta Nuova - toooo many turns!

I like loooong straight-a-ways like Mandrashee and Sagarmatha.....i don't really care for Karbonis either. :bomb

infoxicated
10th May 2006, 09:20 AM
Shitta Nuova, no contest.

Sausehuhn
10th May 2006, 10:22 AM
no, it's the best track imo :)

Smoothly Does It
10th May 2006, 10:25 AM
I personally detest a number of tracks equally:

Modesto Heights
:turd Nouva and...
that third one from the Alpha league (:redface:)

The inner city ones with nasty little chains of corners and pointless quick hills to jump off tend to be my undoing in leagues and as such I always dread these tracks.

Modesto Heights, Citta Nouva and that other one: Harbingers of Stanza :o

eLhabib
10th May 2006, 11:14 AM
chenghou project? man, that's one of the coolest tracks ever! personally, I don't particularly dislike a certain track, but vineta k I find rather boring, sinucit equally so, plus it has loong sweeping turns that really kill the speed of an assegai totally. khara descent also ranks pretty low in my book.

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 02:49 PM
Yea, chenghou is awsome - maybe he meant Blue Ridge:?

eLhabib
10th May 2006, 05:44 PM
but Blue Ridge is EVEN MORE AWESOME!

Sausehuhn
10th May 2006, 05:50 PM
no, that track kinda sucks ;)

eLhabib
10th May 2006, 05:55 PM
it's not the track, it's the one who can't handle it ;) no, seriously, both environment-wise and technical, this track is definitely one of the best IMHO.

lunar
10th May 2006, 05:58 PM
I used to think that about Blue Ridge, Max, but I think it`s me that sucks there, not the track unfortunately. :rolleyes: Blue Ridge has potential for crashing in disaster or unlocking the speed, like all good ones. I really think the bore tracks are in beta. Sol2 is awesome graphically, but deserves some stick in terms of track design. Much like Sinucit, it`s a dull, wallowing track through and through, always slowing you down with niggly corners instead of daring you to go fast. :)

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 06:18 PM
it's not the track, it's the one who can't handle it ;) no, seriously, both environment-wise and technical, this track is definitely one of the best IMHO.
See, there you go again:dizzy :p

Lion
10th May 2006, 06:47 PM
Sol2 is awesome graphically, but deserves some stick in terms of track design. Much like Sinucit, it`s a dull, wallowing track through and through, always slowing you down with niggly corners instead of daring you to go fast. :)
I always find sol2 one of the faster tracks, most of the corners (with the right line) need very little airbrakes, you can mostly get by with an appropriately timed sideshift.
it's an essential counterbalance to citta nuova in that regard, and to me still feels like a nice counter to vineta K when doing an ascension tour

Zerow
10th May 2006, 11:32 PM
I don't particuarly detest any of the tracks, to be honest. I have a minor complaint about all of them in that they are far too short for my liking, but I try not to let this get me down too much, as what is there on the whole is great. But I have to say that my least favourite track is Mandrashee in the default Classic league. It's much shorter than it was in Fusion, and the part where the track barrell rolls has been cut out. Boo, no-like! :frown:

q_dmc12
11th May 2006, 01:05 AM
I never noticed that....huh:?

eLhabib
11th May 2006, 11:56 AM
See, there you go again:dizzy :p

I said that especially for you ;)

q_dmc12
11th May 2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks for that:rolleyes:

Smoothly Does It
12th May 2006, 03:29 PM
Chengou (sp?) project was what I was referring to, don't quite detest it as muc has the other two, but I could never stand racing on it, the second corner (the sharp left hander) is the ultimate ball-breaker IMHO. :brickwall

eLhabib
12th May 2006, 03:37 PM
but aren't turns like this one exactly the reason we love wipEout so much? if you want straightways, go f-zero ;)

q_dmc12
12th May 2006, 03:47 PM
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!:pirate

eLhabib
12th May 2006, 05:33 PM
didn't mean to sound cocky, sorry. just sharing MY view on the topic. I wouldn't love the wipEout tracks if they were easier, that's also why I don't like vineta k that much for example.

q_dmc12
12th May 2006, 05:37 PM
I know, I'm just playin' - Chill out man!!http://engr.smu.edu/~kaytaz/78.gifhttp://engr.smu.edu/~kaytaz/67.gif

Airrider
12th May 2006, 07:45 PM
Tie between Citta Nuova and Vinetta K. Vinetta K has that first set of curves that go downhill, and if you brush the wall there, you're stuck in the back in the faster classes. Citta Nuova has slalom-y bits littered all over and compounded with more strangely-angled track sections: the crazy hairpin is fun, it's all downhill from there afterwards.

Automaniac
14th May 2006, 03:25 AM
I hate all omega tracks plus Karbonis and Modesto.

eLhabib
14th May 2006, 11:30 AM
hate omega? why's that? I agree, paris hair and burgertown are rather boring in layout, but hey, cardcity run and 123klan are absolute killer tracks!

Zerow
14th May 2006, 10:59 PM
What's not to like about the Omega league tracks? Sure, they're short as hell just like all the other tracks, but the background scenery and trackside furniture are awesome! The tracks themselves are really good as well, especially Burgertown and Cardcity Run.

Liquid
15th May 2006, 08:17 AM
I love the Omega tracks... except for Paris Hair, which i hate alot.

Airrider
15th May 2006, 07:55 PM
*cries because he can't even experience Omega*

Zerow
15th May 2006, 10:03 PM
Why not Airrider? Not enough space on your Memory Stick, or you don't have the EU version of Pure?

q_dmc12
16th May 2006, 01:19 AM
That Omega pak is the weirdest freakin' thing I have ever seen!!!!:dizzy

I just saw the stevie_sparks_maxx_omega_tour.avi, the first track was kinda funny, the second looks like a cross between Katamari, Mega Race and Disney Land, the third looks like a fun house but the last is my favorite what with the track having no shoulder, lol no noobs allowed!:rock

Airrider
16th May 2006, 07:48 PM
Why not Airrider? Not enough space on your Memory Stick, or you don't have the EU version of Pure?
*sniff* I don't have the EU version, and the "secret" packs are something I'm not gonna..."indulge in," if you can call it worthy for the annals of WipEout history...

...the US seriously needs more involved graphic artist types...

q_dmc12
16th May 2006, 09:52 PM
By graphic artist you mean.....

Logos? game design? story boarding???

Zerow
16th May 2006, 10:59 PM
I think he means level designers, as the Omega pack was devised by some of Europe's most famous modern artists.

Rapier Racer
16th May 2006, 11:37 PM
Ah, I hate the omega pack, all of it appart from 123klan including those ships gah. Those tracks look and feel like something from a racing game for a 3 year old that belongs on the Nintendo DS :D

Smoothly Does It
17th May 2006, 09:51 AM
but aren't turns like this one exactly the reason we love wipEout so much? if you want straightways, go f-zero ;)

That style of corner (which I would love to take in any other WO,) doesn't work with pure IMO as acceleration is nigh on non-existent in even the 5/5 acceleration ships. Makes heavy pilotting in the way of W3O near enough impossible... sadly :frown:

lunar
17th May 2006, 10:28 AM
yep, the acceleration stat only seems to make a significant difference at the start of the race, and to a lesser extent after a dead stop. You can use sideshift to help with the lack of acceleration, but a bit more "oomph" under the bonnet would be nice. No wonder that corner is a place to keep your turbo for.

The Omega tracks really seem to be love `em or hate `em. Personally I don`t think they could have done anything much better with those track layouts for the last DL pack. If they had dressed them up as standard tracks with tunnels and buildings it would have been more of the same. I wouldn`t want a whole game like that, but I think the track layouts are fantastic (except for the slow and fiddly 123 Klan imo) and the whole thing has a great atmosphere. :)

q_dmc12
17th May 2006, 09:27 PM
those jumping popsicle sticks are funny, lol:p

Zerow
17th May 2006, 10:44 PM
Actually they're sausages, q_dmc12. :D

q_dmc12
18th May 2006, 01:34 AM
even funnierhttp://www.helpbytes.co.uk/images/mess6/smileys/24.gif

White Hen
19th May 2006, 08:39 PM
Citta Nuova without a doubt.

q_dmc12
20th May 2006, 12:02 AM
Thank You!:pc

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th May 2006, 11:58 PM
The pox on Sol 2!

it's just too simple a track compared to the rest of the game. The difficulty is just not there and when that leves the fun goes with it.

Automaniac
22nd May 2006, 08:09 AM
*cries because he can't even experience Omega*
Don't worry the Omega pack makes me sad, so it left the memostick promptly they are an insult to all wipeout pure was

I think he means level designers, as the Omega pack was devised by some of Europe's most famous modern artists.

If thats the case they are no longer famous

Lion
22nd May 2006, 08:53 AM
the tracks were designed by studio liverpool, the artists did all the aesthetics, but the actual layout of the courses was not theirs to do.
I read an interview someplace with the guy responsible for the turboweevil stuff

lunar
22nd May 2006, 09:52 AM
here`s the link to the interview I think you refer to, Lion. :)

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/12/the_omega_men_e_1.php

Zerow
22nd May 2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for that link lunar - great interview with the four artists. :)

Automaniac
26th May 2006, 05:18 AM
The asthetics are no good and I still hate the pack

Riccardo Raccis
17th June 2006, 10:19 PM
Can't stand Citta Nuova. Turns and turns and that turn. Plus, the track name is in Italian :brickwall

il_NIK
14th November 2006, 02:17 PM
All Classic Tracks!!!:bomb

rageagainstgeorge
14th November 2006, 02:45 PM
There's way too much Citta Nuova hating going on in here! It's a classic!

And now back on topic:

I don't much like Karbonis and Sinucit is a little dull. Sebenco Climb is far and away the worst. Even on Phantom it feels so slow and frustrating.

Hate the Omega tracks. Design, layout everything. 123klan is the best of a bad bunch.

infoxicated
14th November 2006, 03:00 PM
I don't think Sebenco Climb is a bad track, but it could be better. I begged - begged, I tells ya, for them to flatten the track on the downhill section.

My argument being that the downhill wasn't the reward it should be for the arduous climb to the top. The way it rolls from side to side narrows the racing line and takes away from its suitability as a passing place. Sadly I was ignored - possibly because there wasn't enough time to go back and do it. :(

Even so, I don't think it's a bad track... and I'd definitely rank it above Citta! :D

andy
14th November 2006, 08:34 PM
All of the Omega tracks and the styling of the classic1 tracks.

Blue Ridge for being difficult (that tiny turn before the finish line has cost me too many races), same for citta nuova.

Zerow
14th November 2006, 09:21 PM
Sebenco Climb is far and away the worst. Even on Phantom it feels so slow and frustrating.

Blasphemy, I tell you! :pirate

Blue Ridge for being difficult (that tiny turn before the finish line has cost me too many races)

Yeah, I utterly loathe the opening and closing series of corners on Blue Ridge too. They're a pain in the ass.

rageagainstgeorge
14th November 2006, 10:50 PM
Almost forgot about Blue Ridge. I love the middle part of the track though even if the last chicane is a killer.

Riccardo Raccis
15th November 2006, 12:08 AM
There's way too much Citta Nuova hating going on in here! It's a classic!

Well yes, it is a classic and very beautiful-looking. I just feel it frustrating. Worst looking tracks are the omega ones to me, with Klan being the one diamond in the bunch.

lunar
15th November 2006, 12:21 AM
It`s easy to forget about Blue Ridge, because it`s a forgettable track, imo. ;) Those chicanes are probably as tough as any technical challenge in the game, but it`s still a boring track, I think. Although it would have ruined the Ascension idea, it should have been swapped with Sebenco Climb and put in Beta with the other dull tracks. Sol2 is a great setting, and beautiful to look at, but is fussy, lacks excitement and can`t keep me coming back. Sinucit manages to create the sensation of going uphill for the entire length of the circuit, except for one little plop down at the end. Citta Nuova can be pleasurable to conquer, but it`s really the kind of pleasure you get from wearing shoes a size to small: it`s nice when you take them off. So, after a race or TT on there it`s just too tempting to press Next Race and go on to Sebenco Climb, which I don`t absolutely love anymore, but I do enjoy it and when I got the game it really was the first thing that wowed me and made me realise I was going to have fun. :)

Silverstream
3rd December 2006, 12:48 PM
Citta Nuova. Need I say more?

A sour mixture of poorly designed, overly sharp turns in abundance and, of course, that corner. I just find it an absolute pest to race on!

Asayyeah
3rd December 2006, 03:41 PM
yes that last 'corner' is tricky , at speed class like flash & more you can get a turbo at the end of the tunnel , do a barrel roll and land after that huge difficulty. :dizzy

Sausehuhn
3rd December 2006, 04:47 PM
Best track in the whole game imo.
But that was another thread...

Tomahawk
4th December 2006, 07:12 PM
Citta for me is not too good a track, but not too bad either. Sure you need a lot of skill to fly a perfect lap on it and in the higher speed classes this task seems to be impossible sometimes, but hey, isn't that exactly what made Manor Top the most loved track in W3O? :nod

My most hated track would definately be Paris Hair. It's like poison for my eyes when I fly it... All pink and kinky.... Wuargh! Yuk!:blarg

Rapier Racer
5th December 2006, 02:30 PM
Manor top is considered the hardest track of WO 3 to get perfect laps on? I found Stanza Inter was a lot harder than Manor Top for perfectnesseses.

andy
5th December 2006, 02:59 PM
me too. I do use assegai all the time so those 90 degree turns are simple to do, however I can understand someone hating it if they only ever used icarus or something.

Silverstream
5th December 2006, 03:28 PM
yes that last 'corner' is tricky , at speed class like flash & more you can get a turbo at the end of the tunnel , do a barrel roll and land after that huge difficulty. :dizzy

I was actually referring to the hugely sharp corner fairly near the beginning with the yellow fence blocking off an incomplete section of track. I've messed up there on lap 3 countless times and lost races! :frown:

Lion
5th December 2006, 07:15 PM
I'm sure that hairpin has a name, but I can't find it anywhere anymore.
was something like Larrys Plunge if I recall correctly?

Tomahawk
5th December 2006, 07:33 PM
Manor top is considered the hardest track of WO 3 to get perfect laps on? I found Stanza Inter was a lot harder than Manor Top for perfectnesseses.

I hated Stanza at first, but after "getting into the flow of it" I really love it now. 8) Next to Porto Kora and Sampa Run it's the track I feel the most comfortable with in W3O.

Back on topic: In Pure I also dislike Burgertown a lot. I can't really tell you why I feel like this, maybe it's that I just didn't get used to it yet...:? But if you want to kick my ass on Kai, simply challenge me on Burgertown or Paris Hair - it'll be a sure win for you ;)

Max A K Challie
6th December 2006, 04:14 AM
Shitta Nuova, no contest.

Haha.

Well, it seems like Citta FREAKING Nuova is the winner, but Paris Hair isn't doing too badly, either.

My most hated is Citta Nuova fu' sho, yet ironically enough, it was expectedly frustratingly hard on Rapier yet a breeze on Phantom in comparison. I still haven't done the Time Trials, however. I have to say Sebenco Peak is pretty bad. I dislike most of the tracks on the Omega Pack. That cardboard one is cool though, in my opinion.

Lion
6th December 2006, 04:43 AM
the only issue I have with the omega tracks is the corners
especially on paris hair
there's something different about the geometry of the bends on this track (and to a lesser extent some of the other omegas) that makes it really hard for me to get right with a dpad.
I always mess up the bend in the eye tunnel
every time I play it, I wish I had a neGcon to take it on with.

the aesthetic I don't have a problem with, and each of the omegas has something in it's look that appeals to me.
would be nice if the ships didn't spill out into the rest of the game though. maybe something for next time?

I don't really have an entire track that I dislike above all others. I dread the peaks in the snaky bit on citta, I often hit the billboard above the track. and I dread the turn at the high point on sebenco peak too, I can never seem to get my timing right
I like most of the rest of the tracks.. there are a few other bits on various tracks that I often mess up, but I get them right often enough that it feels rewarding and really feels like it was skill rather than luck that got me through.

Max A K Challie
6th December 2006, 05:11 AM
Blasphemy, I tell you! :pirate

Funny.

Yeah, I utterly loathe the opening and closing series of corners on Blue Ridge too. They're a pain in the ass.

Almost all of WipEout PurE is like that. I used to find Blue Ridge a pain in ass, but now I think it's a fine, linear track. When you compare it to the corner busting in Citta, anyway.

infoxicated
6th December 2006, 11:10 AM
I still think Blue Ridge would be a much finer track if the last corner was a single, sweeping right hander, and the first corner was a single, sweeping left hander. As it stands I just don't think it has any flow to it. Graphically it's very pretty, and it's a nice environment, but for me it falls between the two stools of technical, and fast & open.

It's the same problem that blights Citta Nuova, I think, although Citta's problems run much deeper than that.

Silverstream
6th December 2006, 11:12 AM
Almost all of WipEout PurE is like that. I used to find Blue Ridge a pain in ass, but now I think it's a fine, linear track. When you compare it to the corner busting in Citta, anyway.

I have never had a problem with Blue Ridge to be honest - I find most of the turns are bearable and the course is certainly well designed. The hairpin on Citta Nuova most certainly isn't, however!

lunar
6th December 2006, 12:44 PM
I agree with you totally, Rob.

The v-turn hairpin on Citta is the only part of that track that I like. I think it`s one of the best corners in Pure. It`s possible to take it with very little speed loss, but you have to really attack it, and your timing must be precise and you have to be absolutely committed to what you`re doing. If you get it wrong you can lose over 5 seconds by hitting the inside of the turn and ending up the wrong side of the wall. But if you don`t take this risk you`re going to turn very slowly and messily. This part of Citta is about daring, the rest of it is about coping, however good we get at doing that, imo ;) Perhaps the chicane jump is a good test of cojones too, but like the rest of Citta, apart from the v-turn, it really lacks flow. :)

Asayyeah
6th December 2006, 01:30 PM
Perhaps the chicane jump is a good test of cojones too
ahahha good one.
Thx guys ( Rob, Charlie for the fabulous viagra gag ) and Stephen for this one.
The day is starting well with you mates :+

Lion
6th December 2006, 03:17 PM
This part of Citta is about daring, the rest of it is about coping, however good we get at doing thatI think you just found exactly the right way to describe what makes a track (or section thereof) good or bad
shame it's such a hard element to capture

Temet
6th April 2009, 08:26 AM
Very old topic guys, I know... but I have to!
I used to be a WO addicted on my PS1... but far from being as good as you (I nearly cried when I saw Asa Qirex challenge on WO 2097 on youtube...).
After some WO HD races with a friend having a PS3... I caught again the WO virus... but I didn't play since years.
As I don't own a big TV and don't want a PS3, I recently bought a PSP with WO pure and pulse.
I only play pure now, until I finish it.

I hate Citta Nuova! I can't finish it without terrible pain on my big finger!
Yesterday, after 22 hours on WO pure (not in one day, since 3 weeks), I got all gold medals on basic Pure tracks + classic pack and after finishing the Ascension Tournament in Phantom (with an incredible and unusual first place at Citta Nuova!), I happily thought : "I won't have to race Citta ever again!"

... And I installed the Gamma Pack... and saw the "Descension tournament" :''''''''(( that's so unfair!!!!

stin
6th April 2009, 04:23 PM
Play as much shitta nova as possible and you will get to love it eventually;)

Seriously, I did get a good laugh here.:lol

stevie:)

leungbok
7th April 2009, 08:04 AM
Citta nuova is typically the kind of tracks that i want for wohd as dlc. Just imagine the amount of br !! :eek
;)

Temet
7th April 2009, 08:13 AM
Barrel Rolls, Citta Nuova... dude, you're not serious!

leungbok
7th April 2009, 08:57 AM
In fact...yes ;)

Darkdrium777
7th April 2009, 01:56 PM
There will be too many ad panels though :lol

It's going to be worse than Chengou and Sebenco online :blarg

The poor lady announcer won't be able to breathe in! :eek

Harvai
15th April 2009, 11:23 AM
shitta nova

lol'd hard!

Anyway, I now have a pet hate for Karbonis. You know when you dig an old pair of shoes out, put them on and they're like 3 sizes too small? That's how I feel about Karbonis.
I probably need to play it some more, but I seem to BONK off every wall at any speed above Vector.

Temet
15th April 2009, 06:24 PM
Well, I just finished "Descension tournament" in rapier with first place on all tracks... EXCEPT Citta Nuova where I lost 5 points!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

EDIT : finished it in Phantom just after, but a bit harder (I got blowed on Blue Ridge...) ... Delta and Omega packs to finish and I start Pulse :D

archman
9th May 2009, 08:35 AM
Crapitta Nuova definitely, extra stupid bumpy corners in those tunnel sections...

TheFrostE
16th May 2009, 01:14 AM
i honestly cant stand the ubermall track in pure...it just doesnt have a flow to it for me. i love it in HD though...the bigger sense of speed in HD solved my problems with the track somehow haha

stin
16th May 2009, 11:08 AM
yes, because of sheer sharp turns compare to HD! but I love this track!:pirate

stevie:)

stoneygate
22nd May 2009, 10:03 PM
For me Ubermall (forward) only "made sense" once in HD - but reverse is another matter...

archman
23rd May 2009, 10:02 AM
Just been racing Ubermall for a few days...this track is my favourite! The last corner is a bitch...hard to master.. :)

MrSmadSmartAlex
18th November 2009, 09:06 PM
Blue Ridge!!!:bomb
Looks amazing, but is just impossible for me. I also don't much like racing on Modesto Heights, Vineta K, or Sinicuit. The thing I find with Pure though, is that if I play a track I hate over and over in Free Play until I can race it fairly clean, I like it.:lol
...except Blue Ridge.

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually mind Shitta - it just seems to need a lot of practice to learn (I'm still :turd on it though btw :D). Plus, it has that awesome corner and that turbo shortcut (pulling that with a BR in internal view is just the best thing in Pure :D).

kaori
18th November 2009, 09:24 PM
I was angry a long time with Blue Ridge, because of 1st esse and last serie of turn.
But I've found nice lines, and since, I like it :)

Worrying Wonton
19th December 2009, 03:12 AM
I'd have to say Blue Ridge is my least favorite course of all the courses in Wipeout Pure. Part of my hatred of it stems from, well, in the last 90 minutes I've spent driving around it in a Goteki 45, I've managed to complete one perfect lap in Phantom. The second part is the track's mustard yellow color, it just doesn't jive with my aesthetic tastes. Just because I feel like stirring some controversy, my two favorite tracks in the entire game are Citta Nuova and Sinucit.
- Alan Campbell - Playing the NTSC-A version of Pure.

MrSmadSmartAlex
19th December 2009, 06:37 PM
LOL, I like to like most hated tracks too (e.g. Gemini Dam Black and Outpost 7 Black in Pulse. Or Shitta, Sebenco Peak, etc. in Pure). ;)

Blue Ridge is just utterly impossible though, yes. I've never got a perfect lap on it, and don't feel like playing it to improve on it, because I hate it. XD

WolfKill01
20th December 2009, 08:25 PM
Definantley Shitta. Simply impossible for me, and not very fun. Had the hardest time on blue ridge when i first started playing pure (which was only one week ago XD) though I love racing it on it now. Great sceneary, and the final turns aren't that difficult when you figure it out.

Worrying Wonton
21st December 2009, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure why I did this, but a few hours ago I decided to go into free play mode and complete 162 laps in phantom around Blue-Ridge... Around the hundredth lap, my opinion of the course started to change. I still think it is by far and away one of the ugliest courses in the game, but driving on it at least doesn't seem to be that bad anymore. I've figured out some odd shortcuts/lines on some of the weird s-turn things that let me go through them without losing too much speed, no more hard, 90 degree, double-airbraked turns to hit the booster pads and avoid the walls. I still run into stuff all the time (5 of the 162 laps I did were perfect, and none of those were below 26 seconds), but I'm no longer losing hope that I'll be able to beat the current record time on Blue Ridge for the North American version of Pure. I might... just might, be starting to enjoy driving around it.

leungbok
21st December 2009, 05:16 AM
Then, prepare for a long fight, Mad-Ice always defends his pure's records ! ;)