PDA

View Full Version : screenshots

AmigoJack
25th April 2006, 02:18 PM
hmm, this is a general request, also for the "real" wip3out (and maybe 2097, 64 and the 3600 league): has anyone collected screenshots from the game? mainly the 3/3SE engines, the higher the resolution the better *g*

im also interested if someone knows any device that exists to make those screenshots and save them to some storage accessable to computers. all the game magazines can do that - is it just some kind of tv-input into the computer? whoops - just answered this myself ;-) darn - i need to get an up-to-date tv-card. one of those better cards, which might also accept scart plugs. uh... that would also require a new computer i guess...

or does anyone have GOOD experiences with a usb2-tv-card-device? with scart? that would be quite a good solution to do screenshots myself. anyway, first, i simply want to collect some shots from the 3'er games.

whew... im t[alking|yping] too much

Sausehuhn
25th April 2006, 08:29 PM
You could run the game on an emulator.
Then you can have a resolution as big as you want (a TV's one isn't that good) and you can also have anti-aliasing so the game looks even better. :)

Asayyeah
26th April 2006, 12:38 AM
If you just want to make pics from 'inside game ' Wipeout , you can read here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1733) post # 11
No need to have a new recent tv card or a costly new 'all in wonder ' video card , i don't even recommend a usb2 thingy like Dazzle ( too expensive).
Get only a capture card ( 20 euros) & plug it into your PC pci slot ( mine 's got simply Svideo & composite input ) & linked to your VCR or DVD recorder.
You can 'easily' make videos *as i ve done previously for my 2097 best races* or pics.

Add me to your msn buddy-list if you want more info :)

AmigoJack
26th April 2006, 07:06 AM
in fact my old tower has an all-in-wonder, but the quality of that is quite crappy i think. im also not sure if it has svhs also as input, i remember only having it for output with a "kabelpeitsche" which splits up in composites. i think going over scart would be the best quality line, but how could i do that? dont know of any svhs<>scart converter...

@sausehuhn: emus are no option for me, coz they dont look "true". i like the superior antialiasing but its at least an overkill for the head-up display graphics. when it comes down to smoothed and polished images, i prefer doing that with paintshop to "original" pictures rather than being bound to the emulators work ;-)

Lion
26th April 2006, 10:33 AM
it's a pity you don't want emulator shots, I've taken to playing 3se at 1920x1200 lately in ePSXe and it looks very pretty indeed :D
edit: it occurs to me that if the scaling method in the emu was changed to not filter the graphics then it might achieve the look you are after?

Sausehuhn
26th April 2006, 12:07 PM
simply deactivate all the filters and you get the screenshots you want :)