PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout XL/2097 PC LAN/Internet Gaming?

V Kelly
20th April 2002, 01:32 PM
I found a patch (woxl-netbeta.zip) from psygnosis that enables 15 player lan-net and 2player modem-serial games using directplay and I was wondering if anyone has tried this out?

FoxZero
20th April 2002, 04:59 PM
yes. it works online, however its much more suited for LAN play. my opponent and i both had cable connections and still the latency handling was very poor in both ipx and tcp/ip modes. there were also some direct x control issues (one player controlled both players steering) that may or may not be resolved by moving to a LAN. fortunately, the framerate is capped at 30 in the patch so there are no speed issues like that of the single player game. i would recommend using the pc multiplayer only if you are unable to link two psxs.

Hybrid Divide
23rd April 2002, 02:09 AM
That patch should be given a spot on the download page, since it's not as easy to find anymore.

Just a suggestion! ^_^

Vagrant Logic OUT

FoxZero
24th April 2002, 05:24 AM
hey, i was thinking earlier, anyone tried doing network play over EPSXE or other playstation emulators? i hadnt imagined how satisfying it was to play wipeout 3 on my home pc until i downloaded this program.:D i still need to get it running at constant 60 fps though :/