PDA

View Full Version : You have a good girlfriend if...

crazy legs
22nd November 2005, 08:27 PM
She buys you Wipeout 3 psx and Wipeout N64 as birthday presents.

Anyone else got a good suggestion?

eLhabib
22nd November 2005, 09:19 PM
...she enjoys playing wip3out:SE with you on splitscreen and doesn't play bad either!:D (welcome to the club, stin;) )

stin
22nd November 2005, 09:38 PM
LOL!!!

You did indeed read our minds (I mean Cool lover)

Also cool lover bought a psp for my birthday with Pure.

stevie:)

Drakkenmensch
23rd November 2005, 11:53 AM
She INTRODUCES you to wipeout XL? ;)

(well, she wasn't my girlfriend, a best friend really, but still!)

yawnstretch
5th December 2005, 08:12 PM
You find her playing your psp which she says "is actually quite good" and notice the game she is playing is Wipeout Pure!!!

\o/ \o/ \o/

SMThomas
7th December 2005, 07:07 PM
...she gives you hugs and doesn't mind anyone playing video games. If she buys you anything you want and gives you PS4 in this year then she will be the best in the world!

Drakkenmensch
8th December 2005, 12:24 PM
Where do you guys MEET these girls, anyway? Or did you order them custom from mad scientists who grow them in vats?

lunar
8th December 2005, 12:57 PM
Fair point indeed, Drak. My other half is like most women I know, and believes that windows Solitaire is the pinnacle of computer gaming. But then we love `em for other reasons than their gaming skills/enthusiasm. There is actually more to life than that - difficult to believe, but true. :)

Drakkenmensch
8th December 2005, 01:37 PM
True that, but most women who came in my life in the past shunned most of my personal interests - one of them even repeatedly told me that they were "not real", so that relationship collapsed pretty quickly. I'm a geek through and through, and telling me nothing I do is real is a surefire way to get me out of your life, let me tell you.

Staying single is better than being stuck with someone who doesn't respect you, after all :)

Shem
8th December 2005, 02:40 PM
word to tha mummy

SMThomas
8th December 2005, 05:49 PM
Where do you guys MEET these girls, anyway? Or did you order them custom from mad scientists who grow them in vats?

I don't have a girlfriend yet which is unfortunate :frown:

and too bad we can't have an abitily to transform into girls, that would be way fun if it happened!

eLhabib
8th December 2005, 06:23 PM
well, changing your gender wouldn't change your need for a mate, would it? And playing with your own boobies is only fun for a little while I figure ;)

Shem
8th December 2005, 06:52 PM
yeah, that'd be fun for a while, but it would become a horror if you were a sexy girl, so you'd have to deal with all the horny guys - meaning US :) That gives something to think about eh?

And going back to the topic - it was a nice surprise for me when my gf told me that she was playing Settlers on Amiga, and i don't mean playing it in a 'girly' way (5 mins of play and trash the game because 'the game is too complicated'), she was a hardcore player!! We were playing GTA:SA lately, it's just hilarious to see her trying not to look because she's driving so fast, making the moves as if she was forced to look at someone eating a live insect or something similar (if you know what i mean). Also we were playing NFS Underground 2 lately as well, and tho i know she's gonna play this game just because there's the girly Peugeot 406 ready to be painted pink and added tons of vinyls on it, i'm still happy to watch her as she's playing on her own. Next step - Wipeout.

Drakkenmensch
8th December 2005, 06:55 PM
It would certainly make life easier for us geeks - it would ensure us meeting someone who shares our interests ;)

SMThomas
8th December 2005, 06:59 PM
No, it's not for finding mates or do mad stuff, it's for experience to live what's it like to be a girl like what's it like to be a cat or a bird (imagine flying to new york from russia, that would be fun!)

EDIT:
yeah, that'd be fun for a while, but it would become a horror if you were a sexy girl, so you'd have to deal with all the horny guys - meaning US :) That gives something to think about eh?

you're right and that is tough reality, a real disadvantage all along, and horny guys, NO WAY! not even black bull from f-zero!

CLOSE EDIT

Now back to topic before we get hit!

So what makes a good girlfriend for you then?

Sausehuhn
8th December 2005, 07:03 PM
...it's not for [...] mad stuff...
although that could be much fun :D

now define "mad stuff" as you want....

Dogg Thang
8th December 2005, 07:40 PM
Anyone want to see what my girlfriend (soon to be wife) is getting me for christmas?

http://www.slot-pachinko.com/05PHTL/P2005STARWARSW.HTM

SMThomas
8th December 2005, 07:46 PM
that is great stuff as a pressie this christmas, so have you seen Star Wars Esp. III? Got it on DVD and it's great!

Anyway, I would imagine my future girlfriend, would buy me some chocolates, not some expensive stuff like...uh diamond for example unless she's a celebity of course!

Rouni Kenshin#1
9th December 2005, 12:19 AM
yes most women see the windows game pack as the best it have ever been but thats not their fault. The Game industry is compleatly geared toward males and by doing so has ditired most humans of the oppisite sex by giving them bad games grared toward them when they first try it. Tis a shame.

Lion
9th December 2005, 02:21 AM
that's one place where maxis nailed it...
I read somewhere that they have more women on staff than any other game development house...
maybe that's how they managed to make a game that's such a hit with women? (the sims)

Drakkenmensch
9th December 2005, 02:23 AM
You just know that's the truth, Lion. Who knows better what women want than women themselves? (I'm guessing Mel Gibson lost his ability to read their minds by now...)

Rouni Kenshin#1
9th December 2005, 10:25 PM
Funny movie, but i think that's part of it, most game developers are male and too few are female, i reiterate Tis a shame.

Jazznaz89
11th December 2005, 06:20 AM
I have a good g/f coz she loves wipEout :D The other day i showed her how to rip music from the games onto her computer, thats about the most romantic thing we've done lol

lunar
11th December 2005, 04:24 PM
Man, do you know how to show a girl a good time ;) I had a similar moment persuading my other half to start using Firefox instead of IE, and that was a major victory: Look! It does all the same stuff, only without holding the door open to every bad mutha virus ever written, then giving them the best chair to sit in and a nice cup of tea, and without unwanted invitations to sites of dubious merit and morality. It even has a cool picture of a Fox on it - which sold it to the kids, as did bookmarks toolbar and tabbed browsing. Sometimes the wife and I play each other on Dr Robotnik`s Mean Bean Machine - where she always wins. I have no idea what girls really want from games, but I know that some of them just can`t see the point of playing the kind of games I choose to play, which are always stressful ones. To my wife a game is a leisure activity, to me it`s a mission. :)

Lion
11th December 2005, 05:05 PM
I think men need conquest. in pretty much every game I can think of that I play, the goal is to defeat another... be it directly like in racing/fps/rts games or indirectly through attaining a higher score than others (or your previous efforts) in puzzle games like lumines etc
maybe that's why I don't particularly like really open games like the GTA series? the victory conditions are very fuzzy

NightArh
17th June 2009, 11:55 AM
My friend married few month ago. He met his girl in online game... They have common interests ;)

stinkleroy
17th June 2009, 12:06 PM
I know two people on my PSN friends list that have hooked up through wipeout hehe.

But I have to say guys, I'm a hardcore girl gamer, have played console games all my life and can say some of the relationships I've been in I've had boyfriends that really didn't appreciate me being better than them at some games. Led to them not wanting to play games with me anymore. Can bruise the ego I guess...:lol

yeldar2097
17th June 2009, 12:07 PM
when i met mine she was playing a PSP :D
sony ftw (in some respects)
she likes WO because it's not violent, yippee! having said that she lives in america so she doesn't really see the violent side: cambodia, amorbis, broken controllers etc...

ACE-FLO
17th June 2009, 01:29 PM
My GF does not understand my need to play Wipeout at all...

Having said that - I don't think that makes her a bad girlfriend, more makes me a bad boyfriend for dedicating so much time to the franchise lol...

So - either way, I gotta reach some kind of compromise, either with her, or - with my own desire to race.... Who will win remains to be seen...

Watch this space lol

LOUDandPROUD
17th June 2009, 04:13 PM
Uhh, I don't have a girlfriend...'nuff said. :| LOL

Hemicrania
17th June 2009, 04:40 PM
Mine plays Wipeout HD every day with me. So yeah, I consider myself lucky. ;)

ACE-FLO
17th June 2009, 05:23 PM
Uhh, I don't have a girlfriend...'nuff said. :| LOL

You don't know how envious I am right now!

mdhay
17th June 2009, 05:59 PM
...If you have one who has more brains than tits.:D If so, you've struck gold.:)

Sausehuhn
17th June 2009, 07:09 PM
Now what if she had both? :eek

mdhay
17th June 2009, 07:29 PM
Well lucky you.:D:lol

eLhabib
17th June 2009, 11:53 PM
...If you have one who has more brains than tits.:D If so, you've struck gold.:)

That would mean she'd either have 3 brains or zero tits. Creepy either way...

blackwiggle
18th June 2009, 12:36 AM
Or tit's that had a mind of their own.:lol

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 12:57 AM
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0163/WhatHasBeenSeenCannotBeUn-SeenMacro.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0163/WhatHasBeenSeenCannotBeUn-SeenMacro)

RedScar
18th June 2009, 01:46 AM
lol the mental image

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 01:24 PM
My ex and I used to play games about equally, but we played different kinds of games... I mainly like racing, 2d and 3d platformers, puzzle, and classic arcade style games. She mostly liked RPGs, rhythm-based games, fighting games, and action/adventure. We still had enough common ground to play stuff regularly though... I've been single for a few years now, and I think gaming is no longer a significant factor in a significant other... tolerance, yes, but I've slowly been growing out of games over the past few years so I'm not gonna complain if someone I'm going out with doesn't want to sit and play mischief makers or legend of oasis or even wipeout. But they'll have hell to pay if they ever try to get rid of my sh*t or if they piss and moan about me playing something once in a while.

Task
19th June 2009, 11:40 PM
I quite frequently get games for presents. PS2, PSP, card, board, all kinds. The wife and I have spent many hours playing all sorts of games, often having gatherings with many people to really get some good multiplayer gaming on.
I recal quite fondly the one day that I took off work so that her and I could beat Bookworm Adventures together. Very memorable!

We both game, but only sometimes the same game, and never the same way.

All in all, it definitely works well for me. 8 )

mdhay
20th June 2009, 07:58 AM
That would mean she'd either have 3 brains or zero tits. Creepy either way...

I mean in intelligence terms, silly.:lol

TheFrostE
24th June 2009, 11:15 PM
any gf who buys games as presents or wants to game together is a beautiful girl in my eyes :p

q_dmc12
25th June 2009, 12:00 AM
amen:mr-t