PDA

View Full Version : The Designers Republic

ldcom:jupiter_
20th April 2002, 01:33 AM
I know that you all know this, but the designers republic designed all the wipeout's except for wipeoutfusion, the thing is, do you think the wipeoutfusion design is better than the others, and if so, why ?

Piranha Advancements
20th April 2002, 06:02 PM
Nuworld kinda thread.

I've had my beef with DR a long time ago and won't bother going into it again.Answering the question,I love what GoodTech did.

FoxZero
22nd April 2002, 02:47 AM
ive always liked the iconic style of wipeout, but in my opinion fusion from what ive seen so far just seems to be a less-skilled knock off of what was already done years before. i like none of the designs ive seen from GT in relation to the game besides the web site. unfortunately i dont actually own the game yet so maybe then it will change my mind. i doubt it, though, GTs icons for this game are just terrible.

speaking of owning the game, may 15 is my happy day :)

Wamdue
22nd April 2002, 06:50 AM
hm, the logotypes and etc works.. but.. not much more , it wont impress you like the previous games

Lance
22nd April 2002, 11:18 AM
i like everything tDR did except the too-small text on the menus of WO3

and only slIGHTly off topic, where the hell iS Nuwie, anyway? he has to be back from his trip by this time.

Wamdue
22nd April 2002, 09:40 PM
he is back, but for some weird reason, he cannot log-in to his account. (not the old ezboards but this bbs) So, basically he is unable to post.

But, from what Ive heard from him, he sounds like hes doing good. He will eventually turn up.. I hope :-?

ldcom:jupiter_
24th April 2002, 12:08 AM
well, i think wip3out is the best, i luv the design and its the only one that has its website still up, lol.

http://www.kleber.net/wipeout3/

Angryman
1st May 2002, 04:55 PM
i never appriciated W3o's design... but after playing WoF, i see how superiour the design for that game was..
My main gripe with wipeout 3, was not the design, i've always blamed wipeout 3 for being boring and i always pointed my finger to the 'dull' or 'minimalistic look of wipeout3, it wasn't the desing approace, it' was the awfull, piss weak sound fx, the craft overdose.. did we really need 10 craft to choose from!?!?
What i liked in previous wipeout's wipeout 1 and 2097, was the ability to choose from 4 very diffrent craft.. all the craft had it's weaknesses and streantghts..
in wipeout 3, just choose that japanese craft.. (auricom??) and you'd finish the game sooo easily...

anyways..
tDR are gods, tDR are WipE'out", withouth tDR, what is wipeout???
where's wipeout's personality?

i have nothing against the work GT done on fusion, but tDR were sooo much better..

JABBERJAW
1st May 2002, 05:22 PM
liked design of xl + original, hated menus of 3 and the cover was pure sewage. I like xl menu design better than fusion but not 3. :evil: