PDA

View Full Version : For Euro Players...The omega pack is here!

Mobius
1st November 2005, 05:25 PM
The omega pack has been released...

Go get it! :D

Sausehuhn
1st November 2005, 05:34 PM
yeah!!!!!
Wanted to post that as well :D :D :D

bakkufu
1st November 2005, 05:36 PM
I am so downloading that when I get home!!!

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 05:58 PM
8O Already?!? I thought it was only getting released on the eleventh!

:D :D :D YAAAAAY!!! I am SO downloading this the second I get home from work!!!

Sausehuhn
1st November 2005, 06:26 PM
Did you notice the small acoustic goodie at the end of the last track (123Klan) ? :hyper

Dogg Thang
1st November 2005, 06:50 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Getting this now. I've been really looking forward to this one!

Edit: Got it now. I have to say I'm blown away by the amount of work that has gone into these. They are stunning tracks and the new sound effects are brilliant. I find it odd that so much effort seems to have gone into these - sponsership and advertising in the rest of the Pure world has brought a skeptical side of my out that has to ask who paid for these? I don't know how long each part took to develop but there seems to have been much more in these than in the Delta pack, the pack they make their extra cash from. I can't imagine that the designers had to pay to get on board but maybe they did.

I do hope these are made available to all territories. It would be a shame not to give them to all Wipeout players.

judus
1st November 2005, 07:18 PM
Are you downloading form wipeoutpure.com ? Because i cant find it there. Has anyone else dloaded it from that site?

[EDIT]: Just found it.

Dogg Thang
1st November 2005, 07:23 PM
Yep, that's where I just got it. If you're in Europe and have a copy from that region select your language and then your country (Ireland in my case). It should be there as the latest download.

Mobius
1st November 2005, 07:27 PM
I have it on my psp, but due to lack of big memory stick untill christmas, it might have to backed up on my pc... and no, if it has been deleted from the site, i will not share it with anyone. Colin's order.

But anyway, it is amazing what has been made, the Cardcity Run track has becom one of my favourites. Speaking of which, the track layouts themselves are a lot more experimental then any others in the game. I love it!!! But it will tak a while for me to get used to them.

So, its all over, all the content for europe has been delivered, all i can say to everyone at studio liverpool is... thanks! its definitely been one of the most enjoyable game ive had in a long while. :)

Oh and one other thing.:

The Cardcity DMA team have entered their team into the FX300 racing league, well only when it isnt raining...

Classic 8)

Dogg Thang
1st November 2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah the track layouts are superb and very tricky. The AI does seem to get a little too agressive in some parts (Citta Nouva Syndrome) but I love the increased challenge.

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 10:04 PM
Okay, here's the stats for the new Omega ships:

Name:.............Speed.. Handling.. Shield...Thrust

Klor....................... 4.............3............. 2.......... 4
Turboweevel......... 3............ 3..............4.......... 4
Cardracer.............4............ 4..............2.......... 3
Haironaut..............3............ 4..............4...........3
Plan your strategies ahead ;)

EDIT: corrected the Turboweevel name

Purist
1st November 2005, 10:32 PM
Okay, finally I can tell the world... on Paris Hair whilst travelling through the 'worm tunnel'... that's MY whisper!!! :wink: I **** you not fellow AntiGrav fans! 8)

*cue the fame theme tune*
'I wanna live forever... I wanna learn how to fl...'

Sven
1st November 2005, 11:21 PM
Can you get some pics or videos for us gypped North American players?

Megatron42
2nd November 2005, 12:23 AM
I can post a pic OF a gypped North American player. :x

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 03:25 AM
Have downloaded the Omega Pack :D but a question for you all.
When i go to the home page/saved data utility, it shows the Omega Pack Downloads 1 & 2 as "Corrupted Data" unlike the other downloaded content :? Apart from that the download has worked, cant wait to play :D

lunar
2nd November 2005, 03:51 AM
Thanks, SL, everything about this pack is just fabulous, the graphics, the track design, the sound effects...... especially that whisper in the tunnel on the Paris Hair track. Bloody amazing that. :wink:

Well that`s it for Wipeout Pure...... when you think how much there is in this game it really is a great achievement. Thanks! :D

bakeded
2nd November 2005, 08:14 AM
I second that. Thanks SL! Omega is a very tasty cherry on the top of what is a wonderful game! Bravo!!! :D

Distrupto
2nd November 2005, 08:34 AM
Darn, this is lousy! The Omega pack outran my Euro Pure which might come in December if its realy quick.:evil:

What r Klor, Card Racer, Turbo Weasel and Hair-O-Knot? Wat r the names of the new tracks and where r they situated? Wat r they like? R they neotronic too? Can someone post screenies, pleeeezzz??? :(

:cry:

I feel like burning my pathetic asia-version UMD! :evil: :evil: :evil: :pirate :bombhead

8O :( :cry: :pirate :evil: :bombhead :brickwall :| :? !!!!!!

Edit: What does the whisper on a track called "Paris Hair" say?

Dogg Thang
2nd November 2005, 09:05 AM
It says very softly "Don't buy the Asian version..."

Fascia
2nd November 2005, 02:52 PM
Musix Mixer and Music Packages anyone ?

Omega doesn't appear on the ingame browser, true the anyone else ?

infoxicated
2nd November 2005, 03:15 PM
It should be up by the end of the day.

Jittery-Joe
2nd November 2005, 04:11 PM
Damn... I need to buy a bigger memory stick first :cry:
Anyway, wasn't it meant to come out on the 11th? (not that I'm complaining)

Mobius
2nd November 2005, 04:15 PM
Aparranlty, but there were a lot of rumours flying about, saying it was going to be a 1st november launch. Me finding it thought was just a fluke though!

Jittery-Joe
2nd November 2005, 04:21 PM
1/11/05
11/11/05
Heh, obvious typo...

bakkufu
2nd November 2005, 06:16 PM
it shows the Omega Pack Downloads 1 & 2 as "Corrupted Data" unlike the other downloaded content

does this for me too but the file structure on my memory card looks intact... I'll try re-downloading to see if it fixes it.

***EDIT***

just re-downloaded and they still show as corrupt , not only that but I cannot get extra Livery displayed during some of the Omega races and league.

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 08:19 PM
"Hello Bakkufu" Thanks for your reply, beginning to think i was the only one with this problem :? I have downloaded Omega 3 times with the same "Corrupted Data" message, Omega seems to play ok though. Havn't had any problems with Livery that i know of, so again don't know whats going on there :? Hoping someone may have some answers for us :)
Apart from all this loving Omega, what a trip, "Thanks Studio Liverpool" :D

bakkufu
2nd November 2005, 08:24 PM
the tracks, the ships, the skins are all superb if you ask me, just the corrupted data and livery problems that are niggles for me.

If you race the omega league, selecting the extra livery mode still uses the default livery, but single races on occasion seem to work ok.

Bizarre.

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks, only raced Omega in single race thus far, so havn't experienced Livery problems yet
This is a bit of a pisser, lets hope this can be fixed soon.
Loving it otherwise :)

bakkufu
2nd November 2005, 09:01 PM
yeah so far I'm enjoying the style and feel of the tracks and new ships, as I said, some minor niggles in the back of my mind.

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, me too!! Can't quite shake that feeling that everything isn't as it should be "but hey"
the tracks are a real spin out :hyper :dizzy :lol: :D

bakkufu
2nd November 2005, 10:16 PM
I'm really loving that 4th one, especially since it was pointed out that Curly's voice is near the start / finish line :)

Sven
2nd November 2005, 10:23 PM
I should stop reading this thread. It's only making me want to cry out in anguish...

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 10:35 PM
All those amazing shapes, sounds and colors, like one big f-ing weird dream, and what about some of those jumps, complete madness, i just love it :hyper :dizzy :D

Drakkenmensch
2nd November 2005, 11:11 PM
These tracks indeed have a weird dreamlike quality, and get bloody surreal with the Paris Hair track. It's a total blast through La-La-Land, complete with phantom voices whispering in your ear as giant disembodied faces fly by you with their unnatural smiles.

It makes for fantastic AG racing, but frankly I'm glad to just keep images like those outside of my dreams, thank you very much.

it's hardly any wonder I'd wake up screaming when I was a child

Dominator
2nd November 2005, 11:26 PM
Amen to that Drak, though after a big session playing Omega before bed it's rather hard shaking those freaky images from one's mind, looks like some bizzare dreaming for me over the next few nights :evilgrin

xEik
3rd November 2005, 10:38 AM
I already know that my mind is rotten but in Paris Hair, the thing on the thigh of the tanned girl with purple hair after the big drop. Is it what I think it is (even if it is purple)? 8O

Note to self: I must get out more. :roll:

Fascia
3rd November 2005, 11:14 AM
damn, still not download for the in-game browser.

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 11:53 AM
It should be there - it was made live this morning, so you're probably getting a cached version if the Omega pack isn't in the download menu.

Fascia
3rd November 2005, 12:10 PM
I considered that, but neither refreshing or hard-reseting the PSP made a differense, hell i even tried it without the memory card in the PSP.

eLhabib
3rd November 2005, 12:16 PM
judging by your name, I guess you are located in Italy or Spain, right?

Try www.wipeoutpure.com and then click on a different european country, UK for example. It will be the exact same pack, and maybe it works from there.

Fascia
3rd November 2005, 12:21 PM
Heh, no, the united kingdom. Fascia is a posh name for a phone cover.

The problem Isn't the main website, but the in-game website. I don't have a USBA - USBminiB cable, and i doubt i will have the money to get one any time soon, (cheapest i found was 15 Pounds, yes i know).

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 12:29 PM
I downloaded it from the ingame site this morning and I'm in britain too.

Fascia
3rd November 2005, 12:30 PM
Very odd...

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 12:36 PM
It's probably cached by your ISP, rather than your own local router or your PSP (it doesn't really have the memory to cache things). I suggest that you go to the in-game site and keep requesting the download page until the Omega pack appears.

Fascia
3rd November 2005, 01:25 PM
Haha, finaly got it, i had to change the cache server used by NTL, using the PSP connection settings proxy support (not fun with the limited keypad)

Angryman
3rd November 2005, 04:00 PM
Those tracks are mental!!!
that paris hilton track + Tiesto's song = perfection. :)
Liverpool Studio have completely redeemed themselves with pure and i cannot wait for Pure 2 or the next Wipeout on PS3. :twisted:

Sausehuhn
3rd November 2005, 06:40 PM
has nobody else noticed the Wip3out-goodie? :idea: :?:

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 06:44 PM
Oh I certainly have - I had to stop and turn around to make sure I wasn't imagining things!

On a different note, I seem to notice that the big websites seem blissfully unaware of the Omega release - IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy, PSPupdates... none of them have even mentionned it!

It's almost like this forum is the only place in the world that's actually *aware* that Omega is available! 8)

Sausehuhn
3rd November 2005, 06:45 PM
no, www.playstationportable.de did... after I posted the message in their froum :lol:

Hellfire_WZ
3rd November 2005, 06:52 PM
has nobody else noticed the Wip3out-goodie? :idea: :?:

Yeah, I caught it after a couple of laps, took me a little while to click as to what it was. Really surprised when I did! :)

Dominator
3rd November 2005, 08:45 PM
What Wip3out goodie?? it's been some years since i played wip3out so don't remember alot :(

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 09:03 PM
It's on the 123Klan track - you'll recognize it when you come across it, it's just before the finish line, before you enter the starting grid.

rageagainstgeorge
3rd November 2005, 09:18 PM
On the subject of corrupted data its dead easy to fix. You'll notice your download pack is called UCES00001DOMEGAPA C K and UCES00001DOMEGAPA C KS. Remove the "C" i've put in bold (leave the rest the sam eand it should show up as normal.

Colin Berry
3rd November 2005, 09:34 PM
Yup, apologies for the corrupt data 'thing' it seems that no matter how much we do to make things right and how much it gets tested, that it doesnt matter because all it takes is someone in london to put the wrong root in or something when uploading the file. I wont comment further because I'll end up in trouble......

As for the liveries disappearing - if on the ship select screen you scroll to a ship that doesnt have an alt livery, then scroll back to one that does, they dont show :( - we havent got a fix for this, but the livcries are still there, just come back out of ship select and go back in and it should be fine. Annoying I know but hopefully not too annoying

bakkufu
3rd November 2005, 09:52 PM
thanks for the work around for the liveries Colin, and much appreciated about the renaming to fix the corrupted data as well rageagainstgeorge!

Dominator
3rd November 2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah cheers guys problem solved :D

Dominator
3rd November 2005, 11:28 PM
I'll look out for it Drak, but like i said before it's been along while since Wip3out so can't be sure i'll recognise what ever it is im looking for, might have to come back to you on this one :)

Drakkenmensch
4th November 2005, 12:21 AM
You'll know it when you find it - it's unmistakable!

bakeded
4th November 2005, 01:07 AM
Does it have something to do with counting and going?

Dominator
4th November 2005, 01:22 AM
Drak, don't you feel just a little quilty betraying your beloved Piranha :?: :)

Drakkenmensch
4th November 2005, 01:44 AM
I don't feel this as a betrayal, as both the Triakis and Piranha are highly similar in racing style. Going to Medievil, now THAT would have been worthy of breaking out the tar and feathers ;)

Dominator
4th November 2005, 02:00 AM
Don't think i could see you going quite that far :lol:
Though i love my Feisar, have done since 1995 :D I do occasionally pilot that pink & purple blur, the Icaras, very different but also very satisfying. Kinda like the heavier handling on some tracks :)

Distrupto
4th November 2005, 07:53 AM
Im Auricom all over! I just got Gold in 2097 with it and it remains my unbeaten record-holder in Pure. The twin-hulled flyin' flash! Icaras though cant really be called "heavy" in any way, but compared to ur FEISAR, it is.

kaiotheforsaken
4th November 2005, 08:04 AM
even though i've heard mixed reviews about omega, i still kinda wish the US would get it, not to start that whole content debate again. anyways congrats on getting omega (or part of it?) now i just gotta go download the US delta 1 so i can get some new trackage....

Sven
4th November 2005, 02:33 PM
I don't have a USBA - USBminiB cable, and i doubt i will have the money to get one any time soon, (cheapest i found was 15 Pounds, yes i know).Erm, that's rediculous. I got my cable for 5 USD.

BenjaminBirdie
4th November 2005, 02:37 PM
Why not bring it up? I was thinking about it today and I just can't figure the logic behind this decision.

Isn't obvious that any WipEout fan; European, American, or Otherwise; would have at least some appreciation of design and thus would be interested in having these tracks, for example, the way I would be so interested.

I don't know. I know that other video game "exclusives" mean that say, PS2 gets GTA first for a six month window and then it comes out on XBox. I hope something similar happens a few months from now and we all get the opportunity to download these tracks. It's not as if the UK version costs more and thus is more deserving of exclusive content.

Either way, it gets me rankled, especially the assumption that only the European fans would be interested in a Klan123 track. I'VE DREAMT OF IT FOR YEARS.

eLhabib
4th November 2005, 04:27 PM
well, actually the euro version DOES cost more than the US version, as all games are quite a bit more expensive over here.

BenjaminBirdie
4th November 2005, 04:55 PM
I was afraid of that...

Advantage: Europe.

Cammodude
4th November 2005, 06:27 PM
Can you get some pics or videos for us gypped North American players?

Seconded. I'd love to see the new euro-only ships!

Klarth
4th November 2005, 07:05 PM
There seems to be something wrong with my download. Is it just me, or do Klor and Cardracer share the same picture on the "select ship" screen? And the same for Turboweevel and Haironaut?

All in all, glad to be a Brit... Got my PSP from California, though =P

Sausehuhn
4th November 2005, 07:08 PM
there are 4 ships, all have different stats if I'm right (the stats are posted in this thread as well)
But there are actually just 2 different shipsdesigns just with different liveries.

IMO one of them looks really like a 2097 AG-5Y5 8O

Klarth
4th November 2005, 07:10 PM
Yep, they definitely have different stats, but in-game they're just recoloured versions of each other... Shame, I was looking forward to something like a ship made of carboard with those "Cardboys" or whatever they're called.

Well, whatever. Now that I have the Gamma, Delta, Omega and Classic packs... What am I meant to go get next?

Sven
4th November 2005, 07:19 PM
We've still got Epsilon through Psi to fill in :wink:

Mobius
4th November 2005, 08:20 PM
Anyone who seems to have found the Whole Cardboy design really cool should look at this....

http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=963

Now i know what i want for christmas!

Lance
4th November 2005, 09:10 PM
cardboy is so absurdly frivolous in its exploitation of the market that it might actually give people enough fun to be worthwhile. crazy. :)

bakkufu
4th November 2005, 09:15 PM
From pure fanpoint alone I might get one to go next to my monitor, I can recreate that Omega pack feel, right in the comfort of my very own home!

Drakkenmensch
4th November 2005, 09:29 PM
*giggles* Heeee, they're adorable! :D

EDIT: I've just noticed something significant about the time trials in Omega league - instead of reducing target times in increments of 3 seconds between bronze, silver and gold, it reduces by FIVE. So when you try and beat a TT in Omega for the first time, your real target time is not bronze minus six seconds, but bronze MINUS TEN.

Just so you know ;)

Klarth
5th November 2005, 07:12 AM
Whoa. I need a Cardboy now... Although, someone's bound to produce nets for them online soon, so I could just print one onto card and make my own.

...They're too cute.

Colin Berry
5th November 2005, 07:15 PM
For those of you in America who feel hard done by its not down to SCEE what comes out in SCEA.

I wish they could / would be released in America because I think they are superb (I love the style of the 123Klan track I think it 'is' Wipeout)

maybe if we all close our eyes and wish hard enough SCEA might do something

nope :(

Purist
5th November 2005, 07:46 PM
On the subject of corrupted data its dead easy to fix. You'll notice your download pack is called UCES00001DOMEGAPA C K and UCES00001DOMEGAPA C KS. Remove the "C" i've put in bold (leave the rest the sam eand it should show up as normal.

Thanks for the tip... worked like a dream :D

Sven
6th November 2005, 02:27 AM
For those of you in America who feel hard done by its not down to SCEE what comes out in SCEA.

I wish they could / would be released in America because I think they are superb (I love the style of the 123Klan track I think it 'is' Wipeout)

maybe if we all close our eyes and wish hard enough SCEA might do something
Does anyone know what SCEA's major malfunction is? Is there any good reason to not have these in the U.S.? Any case they have for it has to be even weaker than the case for region encoding...I mean who ever heard of free downloadable content that was encoded to only run on versions of a game from a certain geographical region? This is an idea that heralds from the deep bowells of a marketing beaurocrat's ass.

I'll be honest with you, if I knew anything about how this stuff worked, I'd be actively working on getting around this outrageous limitation.

bakkufu
8th November 2005, 08:38 PM
Ok I'm going to be the first to announce, and I'm fully expecting the backlash from it...

I now have a cardboy next to my monitor...

Ok ok ok... Its really 3 of them...

Dominator
8th November 2005, 09:56 PM
"Bakkufu" :blarg
Reckon you should post some pics of your cardboys :lol:
They probably look pretty cool 8)

bakkufu
8th November 2005, 10:05 PM
I have the ninja one, robot one and the "chav" one... I might see if I can get some more after payday so I can get the proper cardboy!!

Mobius
9th November 2005, 03:59 PM
I turn green with envy.

Oh well, crimbo is soon. :)

Dogg Thang
9th November 2005, 06:08 PM
Bakkufu, I have some excellent cardboard boxes I could sell you if you're ever interested. One has a picture of a chicken.

Speaking of the Omega project - wouldn't it be excellent if four US designers were selected for a US Omega pack and four Japanese designers were chosen for a JP Omega pack. Think of the possibilities!

Distrupto
10th November 2005, 05:08 AM
Bakkufu, I have some excellent cardboard boxes I could sell you if you're ever interested. One has a picture of a chicken.

:mrgreen: The box for chicken-fans.
:roll:

bakkufu
10th November 2005, 06:55 AM
lol well on that basis traffic cones and an old tv are fair game purchases too :lol: