PDA

View Full Version : Update on the JP downloads...

Dogg Thang
4th October 2005, 12:46 PM
The JP site has been updated with news on the Classic Packs.

Classic Pack 1 will be available on Oct 7th. It contains the Altima track, 2 Cold Storage music tracks and the Tigron skin.

On Oct 21st, Classic 2 will arrive containing Odessa Keys and a ship and a skin which translate as "Go Beefsteak". I'm guessing Goteki.

So, as the original dl schedule said way back, it does seem that the JP Classic packs will be divided into four.

Edit: By the way, I think "Go Beefsteak" is a fantastic name for the team and should become their official title.

Lance
4th October 2005, 01:37 PM
re: your Goteki 'motto': LOL :)
i can see a certain suitability in that one. i favour keeping the Goteki name, but using ''Go Beefsteak'' as a sort of unofficial fan cheer. the old Goteki, at least, has a chunky beefsteak quality about it.

Seek100
4th October 2005, 03:04 PM
Go Beefsteak, nice... :) Another fine example of the babel-fish language there.

Wasn't Feisar's 2097 slogan 'what's your beef?' at least it appears on all the billboards in the 2097 recreations in wo3se.

richchestmat
4th October 2005, 10:09 PM
Yay!

I tried to get the fiance to translate that earlier but the output wasn't exactly... er.. well

Me: Is that a new download on the 7th?
Her: Yes
Me: Another Coke one?
Her: Yeah whatever

Purist
5th October 2005, 11:21 AM
yay!... so besides the 'coke' downloads is that it (as far as we know) now for the Japanese packs?

Dogg Thang
5th October 2005, 11:24 AM
Well once the Classic 2 league is complete, that should be it I guess. That'll be some time in November.

richchestmat
5th October 2005, 05:03 PM
It's all good but of course wouldn't all this stuff have fitted on the original UMD in the first place?

Seek100
5th October 2005, 08:00 PM
Indeed it would, there's a fair amount of free space left IIRC. The reason it wasn't put on the UMD is - it didn't exist yet to be put on the UMD. Why do think the Classic tracks looked so, lame compared to the downloaded Classic tracks, they simply didn't have the time. They never intended this extra stuff to be ready in time for release, it's meant to extend the life of the game after you'd finished or got bored with the original content.

Hellfire_WZ
5th October 2005, 11:35 PM
To be honest though, it really does help with the longevity of the game. Even if they could put it all on one UMD from the start, I honestly prefer this approach, especially since it gives SL the time they need to refine the tracks and other bits if necessary. It's nice to see the Classic tracks looking like they were supposed to rather than the abstract versions of the Classics included in the original release.

EDIT: anti-drunk typing measures engaged

infoxicated
6th October 2005, 07:38 AM
I wish I hadn't pressed so hard to get Manortop as a classic track now, as I would have pereferred to see it done in the neo-classic style that the new classic tracks are done in. It makes them a bit more tangible than the neo-tronic ones, and I just cant warm to them - much like the prototypes in Wipeout 3. (sorry Lance, they just don't feel right to me.)

Dogg Thang
6th October 2005, 07:53 AM
I feel the same about Sagamartha - I loved that it was to be included but the fact that it has no nods to the original track and the look has been completely shown up by the Classic 2 tracks (epsecially Porta Kora) makes me wish it hadn't been in that first batch at all.

Purist
6th October 2005, 01:24 PM
304 medals obtainable then? :roll:

From 259

10 more for each track (single and TT) and another five for the league in each class.

randomperson1
6th October 2005, 03:41 PM
Do you think they'll release a special edition in a year or so with the d/ls on it?

Jittery-Joe
6th October 2005, 04:48 PM
Considering the ammount of space the downloads take up, and the region specific ones, I doubt it. Pity, though :(

randomperson1
6th October 2005, 04:55 PM
They barely take up any space!

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated. READ THE GUIDELINES

Jittery-Joe
6th October 2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but the hassle. The retail version of Pure is, for all intents and purposes, the same (right?), so doing three different versions would not only be hectic, it would proably piss several people off when the regionalised packs are only on the disc for it's respective region.

Dogg Thang
6th October 2005, 05:47 PM
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say, that's the way it is anyway - all of the packs are specific to their region and none are interchangeable. Having them written to the UMD wouldn't change that.

Purist
6th October 2005, 08:23 PM
Do you think they'll release a special edition in a year or so with the d/ls on it?

They better bloody not, I'm not buying another 3 versions. Theres already 'Stealth' to come...

So, 2nd time lucky? - can I confirm that after the CLASSIC2 packs the amount then obtainable will be 304 medals in the Japanese copy of the game? :roll:

kaiotheforsaken
6th October 2005, 08:31 PM
well if they did release a SE of pure it could concievably contain all the content (save maybe the coke stuff) so no matter what region they released it in, you could import it and get all the content since region doesn't affect psp games. so there is hope for everyone getting everything.

richchestmat
6th October 2005, 09:02 PM
So anyway it's the 7th in Japan right now (albeit early morning). Anyone know roughly what time they'll upload the files?

Hellfire_WZ
6th October 2005, 11:04 PM
It's usually about 11:00 their time, so I'd imagine we'd see it here at about 2:00. I'lll download it in the morning.

richchestmat
7th October 2005, 06:40 AM
They are up now. It's under a download2 link on the main page instead of being added to the existing list.
9.8Mb

bakeded
7th October 2005, 06:47 AM
It sure is! (there I mean)
thanks man!