PDA

View Full Version : 99% - aargh!

Denix
7th April 2002, 11:45 PM
Hi all...

I'm on 99% - I've completed zone, arcade. time trial, and league. I have ONE challenge left and that's the Van Uber elimination challenge. Eliminate three ships, in that piece of crap? With only rockets and missiles? In four laps??

Does anyone have any tips here? I can only get silver if I'm really lucky. If I hang back and wait for everything to get damaged so I can clean up the weak ones at the end, I end up running out of laps. If I go iin guns a-blazing, I get wiped out. (Or run out of laps).

I've played this challenge constantly for three hours and can't do it. I need ideas! I've completed everything else except the VU gold challenge, obviously, because it isn't unlocked yet.

rhys
8th April 2002, 10:10 AM
i usually go 4 just one person untill they r eliminated!!!!

when they r then go 4 another and so on! :wink:

it works quite well really.

zin
8th April 2002, 11:36 PM
Tried using rockets right up another ships rear? If all three hit it then ur looking good.

zone
9th April 2002, 01:05 PM
when releasing a weapon, press the fire button gently to shoot out a more damaging weapon. When combined with the tactic of shooting rockets close up, very effective....

In general, when elimintaing, go for the AI ships with the weakest shield....check out the menu screens for details of...

Denix
9th April 2002, 04:50 PM
Aaaah. Press the button lightly for a more powerful shot! I never knew about that one. Cheers, I'll give it a go right now!

zaarock
10th April 2002, 03:50 PM
im stuck on van-ubers racing challenge in cubiss float.

Zebula77
11th April 2002, 12:25 PM
Here's a tip: Try not to race fast, as in don't treat it as a race. the key is to always stay directly BEHIND your opponents. This way, you wont get rodgered from behind so much, and you can pick your targets. So, don't go for speed. Try to cling to your opponents, but don't overtake them.

Good luck! :lol: