PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Track?

Renegäde
19th September 2005, 06:52 PM
Hi, whats your favourtie Wipeout Pure track?

I think mine is Porta Kora at the moment, i really love the fast bends and it has a great style to it aswell. Infact im really loving the style of the Classic2 packs in general, there Neo-Tronically perfect. Anyway whats yours?

bakkufu
19th September 2005, 06:57 PM
At the moment I'm loving racing around Ubermall, Koltiwa and Chengou Project.

Renegäde
19th September 2005, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, Chengou project is great, Time Trialed that alot when i was on holiday a few weeks ago.

Mobius
19th September 2005, 07:11 PM
I don't really have a favourite track in this game, there are quite a few which are quite good, but as of yet, none have broken out and said in big letters I'M THE ONE YOU WANT! Not like manortop did in Wip3out.

But there are another eight to go, who knows...

Alphonse75020
19th September 2005, 07:12 PM
Sol 2, definitely

Vortex
19th September 2005, 07:46 PM
The Ubermall track is probably my favourite due to the look, the setting blew me away the first time that I raced on it.

Many of you will think that I am insane, but I also think Citta Nuova is great. It can be really frustrating, but as a veteran of the series I find the tracks in Pure to be more forgiving than some of the nightmares like Silverstream and Vostok Island from Wipeout's past.

Thanassos
19th September 2005, 09:34 PM
I LOVE Citta Nuova, The 180 hair pin is awesome true wipeout style and getting to know exactly how to pilot them S-Bends in all speed classes was huge fun :) However when I just want to relax Uber Mall Takes the cake!

Drakkenmensch
19th September 2005, 09:43 PM
Citta Nuova is definitely a challenge that separates the pretenders from the real pilots. Getting through it with my Piranha was certainly not easy to learn!!!

Renegäde
19th September 2005, 09:46 PM
I guess its like marmite then

Rouni Kenshin#1
19th September 2005, 11:13 PM
I like Altima VII
my 2nd favorite is Sebacco Climb

and not trying to be a nag but you really shoulden't have made this thred.
On the guidelines is say to refrain from doing so i did a while back and it got buried rather quickly but was never locked.

eLhabib
20th September 2005, 12:18 AM
my favorite right now is porto kora, closely followed by ubermall and odessa keys.

but that's just ATM preference.

I think my long-time love in this game will always be blue ridge.

Lance
20th September 2005, 02:19 AM
Rouni, the exact quote is:
''Avoid starting topics like "What's your favourite track?" - these have all been done to death so many times before. A better topic would be "My favourite track is Stanza Inter - what do you think of it?" - this leads the discussion ''

while the title of this thread is too generic, the initial post does conform reasonably well to the guideline in that he states a favourite and reasons for that liking, then asks for opinion.
my personal view is that, yes, i have seen too many topics about favourites. this one at least has the virtue of being about tracks only very very recently made available instead of tracks from earlier Wipeouts or indeed even the basic Pure. so i don't find it as boring as might be, particularlly since i do not have the game and therefore may learn a little more about it by reading such a topic as this. i don't know why the other moderators did not make it disappear, but that's mY reason. :)

thanks for actually reading the guidelines, Rouni! it always makes me happy to know that someone does

randomperson1
20th September 2005, 03:50 PM
My favourite is definitely Porto Kora.
I deleted all my US files so now I hav to wait for the euro version on Oct. 16

Jittery-Joe
20th September 2005, 07:11 PM
Mine at the moment has to be Sol2. if only for being able to use the barriers as jump ramps

Renegäde
21st September 2005, 06:33 PM
Oh, well sorry if everyones seen and done a topic likie this, just wanted to know what people were into right now, what with Classic2 and Delta packs out. Please forgive :)

Drakkenmensch
21st September 2005, 06:41 PM
As Lance pointed out, the delta and classic 2 tracks do give us some leeway in creating this new thread without being flat-out duplication. That being said, I absolutely love Porto Kora, as it perfectly captures the look and feel of the WO3 version of the track. The only things to remind you that it's a virtual track are the pixilated bomb blasts and the energy grid where the artificial sky ends ;)

Jittery-Joe
21st September 2005, 06:54 PM
On the whole Delta track thing, I didn't find them that interesting when compared to the other 12 (inc. Gamma) standard tracks.

bakkufu
21st September 2005, 06:55 PM
they make great circuits for wireless duels though, very very fast!!

Seek100
21st September 2005, 06:55 PM
So far none of the Delta tracks have jumped out at me as being brilliant, they all have a fairly similar 'feel' to them, and the advertising is distracting me from enjoying the scenery. But for track layout I'd have to say Anulpha Pass, as it seems the most complex to me, I don't like Speedway courses very much, Anulpha has a few very interesting bends and jumps, plus the shortcut at the end gets a little hairy going for that on the higher speed classes.

From the earlier tracks I'd have to say Sinucit was my favourite, just love the layout and the scenery, nice technical sections interspersed with long (dangerous) straights.

eLhabib
21st September 2005, 08:21 PM
keep in mind that the delta tracks were referred to as 'minimalistic affairs' in an official statement by SL about downloadable content. I actually expected much less, like the highspeed oval tracks in w3oSE, so those tracks are really the most you could ask for.

randomperson1
21st September 2005, 08:42 PM
This is weird!
Actually, with the exception of the classic 2 packs, delta is my favourite.

Drakkenmensch
21st September 2005, 09:21 PM
As far as "minimalistic" goes, we've been spoiled rotten with huge amounts of added contents! So far, we've had more than an entire game's worth added at no extra charge.

That's pretty incredible if you ask me :)

Jambo
22nd September 2005, 01:21 PM
At the minute, my favourite track is chenghou project, love the tightening right, into the left before the straight unto the jump, the last chicane is a good one too, haven't tried porta kora on pure yet, was a big fan of it on wip3out, so am definitely looking forward to that one.

I know i have stated dislike for citta nuova before but it is growing on me, I even managed my first perfect lap on it today! 8O

The new tracks are fast and furious and i especially like the track lighting, roll on omega and classic!

rageagainstgeorge
14th November 2006, 10:56 PM
Given the interest in the most hated track, I thought i'd give this one a bump.

Anyone changed there mind since last September?

My favourites are Porto Kora because makes me feel like i'm playing W3: SE again. Citta due the awesome feeling you get when it goes well and Khara Descent because it's soooooooo fast.

Riccardo Raccis
15th November 2006, 12:03 AM
My fave track! That's gotta be Sol 2. Fast, fast, fast, a delight for racing against opponents and just plain beautiful to watch. Plus it really is the spirit of Belmondo you know. Not only you're racing on an anti-grav ship - you're racing on a huge anti-grav track, over and through clouds. Amazing.

:nod

lunar
15th November 2006, 12:26 AM
Ubermall, Koltiwa and Burgertown. They all seem to me to create a great sense of speed and just work for me. They all seem to tempt you to go faster all the time, and fly better to do it. There`s never any need to go slow on these tracks, but you will in places if you don`t get it just right..... just the right kind of challenge, but I suppose all these threads show how personal the whole issue of best and worst really is. :)

Zerow
15th November 2006, 12:32 AM
My all-time favourite has to be Sebenco Climb. Searing through those sweeping corners takes my breath away, even at slower speeds. :nod

The Delta league tracks are an absolute blast too, particuarly Anulpha Pass and Koltiwa. The speed levels attainable on the Delta tracks is terrifying.

Oh and I agree with Porto Kora being brilliant too. Easily one of the (if not THE) best classic track recreations in Pure.

Respect also to Sol 2, Exostra Run, and Sebenco Peak. Racing on those tracks is equally joyful for me.

RingoSpoon
15th November 2006, 08:27 AM
Chengou project, Sol 2 and Altima VII are my favourites :)

andy
15th November 2006, 07:44 PM
Vinita K because it's very fast and looks very good. Also I love the porto koro and oddessa keys.

on Wip3out, it has to be stanza inter, porto koro and manor top.

DJ Techno
16th November 2006, 07:48 AM
[quote=lunar]Ubermall, Koltiwa and Burgertown. [QUOTE]

? yeah im going to find out about these tracks when i can get the downloading working at the wipeoutpure site.

Burgertown...you got to be kiddin me.

Sol 2. the fifth best installment and adventouras track in Wipeout games.
Mars-Wipeout
Vostok Island-Wipeout XL
Alaska-Wipeout 64
The Moon and The Alien planet-Wipeout Fusion

All these and Sol 2. brought out the fact that putting technology to work in the strangest, probably unbelieve, and beautiful sights and scenes.

Come on, who wouldn't want to see them selve above the atmospher racing 10000 miles high above New York City.
Racing on the red planet, The auro borialis in the northern and southern portions of the world, the weightless parts of the moon.

Mad-Ice
16th November 2006, 11:11 AM
For me Delta is the greatest league of them all. Every track has it wide and narrow parts. They are very fast too and challenging and fun to fly. Koltiwa must be the most complete track of the bunch, in the way of being different all the time. Furthermore i think every track has something special, and if i think i hate a track then that is just because i am not good enough and not because of the track.

Rapier Racer
16th November 2006, 09:53 PM
Sinucit! Speedy and curvy also it's fun when you get the chance to knock an opponent into the big hole, the blue waves above the hole are cool also, and the fork on the moon :)

Asayyeah
17th November 2006, 01:31 PM
when you get the chance to knock an opponent into the big hole
that reminds me something, bloody bas..... :g
I won't let you do this again to my poor ship :robot

;)

infoxicated
20th November 2006, 11:07 AM
that reminds me something, bloody bas..... :g
There's something distinctly un-French about that sentence... I think you're spending far too much time online with Scottish people...! :D

Asayyeah
20th November 2006, 11:52 PM
Scot's contamination has begun : azay infected ! watch out :robot

KANDANG
23rd November 2006, 06:40 PM
i like blue ridge =)
imho it has just the right ammount of turns/twists /jumps/straights and it looks really beautiful.

i suc at burgertown / cardcity, so they're on my list of to-do's.

stin
23rd November 2006, 08:43 PM
There's something distinctly un-French about that sentence... I think you're spending far too much time online with Scottish people...! :D

LOL!, yes, but he actually struggling to understand to our native scottish language! and eventually he is learning to understand us!...well nearly two years later!;)

Well he will get there apart his wipeout obsession!:paperbag

stevie:D

Renegäde
23rd November 2006, 11:39 PM
Hmm I think over the last couple of months i've really fallen for the rest of the classic2 tracks. Vohl Square seems to be a favourite for me at the moment but the vibrant colour and style of each of the classic2 tracks has me changing too dam often.

Also Card City Run is a bit of a fav for me, great visuals and I love that downward spiral!

Silverstream
3rd December 2006, 11:26 AM
Blue Ridge would be my favourite; I love the track design and it's always a blast to race.

Sol 2 would be a close second though, as (other than zone mode) the action doesn't get any faster!

Those are the best of the tracks available without download, however. I haven't got round to downloading the additional track packs as yet - I'll probably do so after Christmas!

RingoSpoon
3rd December 2006, 12:15 PM
Also Card City Run is a bit of a fav for me, great visuals and I love that downward spiral!

I agree that track is cool, after revisiting it for the TT challenge I am really enjoying it - some great sections :)

Also I agree Vohl Square is pretty cool also :)

Silverstream get Gamma and Omega downloaded, you will enjoy ;)

Silverstream
3rd December 2006, 12:37 PM
Having just had a look on the WipEout Pure website's download section, I definitely intend to - in fact, I'm gonna get the lot!:hyper

Zerow
17th December 2006, 10:11 PM
I've developed a new found love for Karbonis VR. Sure, it's a pretty crap recreation of the original track, just like most of the other Classic tracks, but racing the track at Rapier speed upwards is just . . . brilliant. And like Citta Nuova, the warm glow you get whenever you do a great lap or race is uncalculable compared with other tracks, IMO. :g