PDA

View Full Version : UK's new Antarctic Base..... For anyone interested.

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 02:04 PM
I've just seen this over on the BBC website. Its the UK's new Antarctic base for scientific research. Looks fantastic, very futuristic design. Watch the video tour if you can, very impressive for a scientific facility located in such an extreme environment.
I wouldn't mind working there myself. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4693409.stm

Oh and BTW it wouldnt look out of place along side a WO track ;)

Dogg Thang
19th July 2005, 02:06 PM
Ooohh! It would be just like being in The Thing!

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 02:08 PM
hehe... :) We should get Kurt Russell down there for maximum effect.

We havent had an Antarctic track for WO yet have we?.... hmm... maybe its time ;)

syckls
19th July 2005, 05:26 PM
Do you have any idea how much those pesky environmentalist groups would complain? Jets = melted ice.

Mobius
19th July 2005, 05:31 PM
It would make a cool UT map or a wipeout setting :)

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 05:32 PM
My thoughts exactly :)

Rapier Racer
19th July 2005, 07:22 PM
What the hell are they building that for? Seems like a waste of money, don’t we know enough about penguins already?

Axel
19th July 2005, 07:50 PM
LOL alot of scientific tests are needed to be made in cold conditions, also it allows the ability of secrecy, who the hell in their right mind would want to travel to antartica to steal info? Besides if the **** hits the fans with aliens and things, it's curtains for them.

Rapier Racer
19th July 2005, 08:20 PM
How about the Russians I hear they're pretty nuts (no offence any Russian members!)

Axel
19th July 2005, 08:44 PM
LOL you could be correct actually, Russia is pretty cold, I figured that out while playing MGS3 even though it isn't in Russia :P