PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty with Race Challenge 1

syckls
19th July 2005, 12:09 AM
Has anyone else found Challenge 1 in the race section to be extremely difficult? I mean ulcer-inducingly difficult. I've repeated it no less than thirty times over the weekend and I still have not gotten a gold medal. Maybe I'm just not skilled enough, and maybe I've been outrageously unlucky. It's fairly easy for me to get 2nd place; in fact I've done it most of the time. The thing is that all the time I've done this, I haven't even seen the 1st place craft, let alone passed it. In fact, when I had a missile, when I heard the lock-on sound I discovered that I had locked on to the last place craft. Was it ever this difficult for anyone?

Axel
19th July 2005, 07:57 PM
The thing is with wipeout 64, I mastered that game so much that I completed the whole challanges 3 times over due to memory failure on the crappy N64 mem cards. It's all about luck and skill and how you fair during the day mate. Use your weapons carefully or just try to master the track to an inch mate. Thats all I can say. GL pilot.

syckls
19th July 2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks. Actually, the day I posted this I beat it by hanging onto the super weapon and firing it at random at the last stretch of the race. #1 was eliminated and I went into first place. Then I turned it off without saving...

I ended up beating it again, though, and I didn't even need a weapon! Why couldn't I get this kind of luck the first time instead of the fortieth?

Axel
20th July 2005, 01:01 AM
This is the type of feeling your gonna get while you try to get gold on all the challanges mate. But I keep at it, as the feeling is very rewarding, well it was for me.

phoenixx
20th July 2005, 02:26 PM
There's another helluva challenge: Finish Machaon ll at 1st AND eliminate 8 contenders! That's not a matter of skill IMO, you need a lot of luck!

syckls
20th July 2005, 05:54 PM
While I was flipping through some Wipeout walkthroughs I happened to come across that one.... I can tell you right now I fear it already!

Axel
21st July 2005, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah........... As I said, just go nuts and make sure you kill all the AG at the bottom and work your way to the top. That challange is kinda fun.

phoenixx
21st July 2005, 12:12 PM
It is SO HARD... but Machaon was my favourite track. I love it.

bakkufu
12th August 2005, 01:01 PM
Im still stuck on the one where you have to eliminate 8 opponents with the Qirex Shield Wall and finish first!